From the first appearance, you’ll see that the Home screen, apps, Settings menu, Notification panel, and more are all redesigned compared to the previous one.
Adding to this your Galaxy device gives you tons of control options – and you don’t even have to look for it. The Quick Settings panel on your Galaxy phone or tablet allows you to easily access and use various functions.
For example, you can turn on airplane mode, mute your device, change the order of keys, or rearrange the keys in any way you choose. This article will help you to customize the Quick Settings panel on your Galaxy device with Samsung One UI 3.1.
Samsung One UI 3.1 Tip for Quick Settings panel
Edit the button order
Maybe you’re always connecting to Wi-Fi or using your phone’s flashlight. If that’s the case, you can change the button order so your favorite shortcuts show up first.
- To open the Quick settings panel, swipe down from the top of the screen using two fingers.
- Tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Edit buttons or Button order, depending on your phone model.
- To move a button, touch and hold it, and then drag it into the desired position. Tap Done when you’re finished.
Note: On phones with the One UI 3.1 update, you can add a new icon to the panel by swiping left and then tapping the plus sign. Touch and hold your desired icon, and then drag it to your desired position. Tap Done when you’re finished.
Access setting for Quick settings
You know that tapping a Quick setting icon automatically activates certain features. But what about when you want to access the feature’s settings, such as the Flashlight’s brightness setting?
To do this, open the Quick settings panel by swiping down from the top of the screen. Then, tap the name of the feature under the icon.
- For example, if you want to access the Flashlight settings, tap the word Flashlight.
A setting menu will automatically appear. Sometimes, you may need to tap Details to be taken to the full settings page. Also, please note that certain settings might be grayed out or not appear if the feature is turned off (e.g., Wi-Fi networks may not show if Wi-Fi is turned off).
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
How to bring One UI 6 Weather Insight Widget to your Galaxy’s Home screen
Samsung One UI 6.0 brings a lot of new features and improvements to the Galaxy devices. One of the most useful features is the Weather Insight Widget, which provides a comprehensive overview of the local weather conditions.
The Weather Insight Widget shows the current temperature, humidity, air quality, UV index, and wind speed, as well as the forecast for the next 24 hours and 7 days.
It also alerts the user of any upcoming severe weather, such as storms, snowfall, rain, or heat waves. The widget helps the user stay well-informed and prepared for weather changes.
You can easily add the Weather Insight Widget to the home screen of the Galaxy device. Here are the steps to follow:
- Tap and hold the blank space on the home screen until the options menu appears.
- Click on the Widgets.
- Scroll down to find Samsung Weather.
- Press the Weather option.
- Tap on the Insight from the list of widgets.
- Click on the Add option.
Now, you can drag and drop the widget to the desired location on the home screen and resize it if needed. Once the widget is added, the user can edit it by tapping on the settings icon on the top right corner of the widget. The user can also access more details and tips by tapping on the widget itself.
Mastering Smartphone Screen Issues: DIY Hacks with Samsung’s Digital Service Center
What if your smartphone’s touchscreen isn’t working properly, and you can’t manage the time to visit a service center? Don’t worry, you can effortlessly ensure optimal device health and get personalized support right at your fingertips by using Samsung’s Digital Service Center.
Here are DIY hacks that would ensure smooth functioning of your smartphone’s screen:
Screen doesn’t detect single-finger touches
- It’s possible that ‘TalkBack’ feature might be on. To disable ‘TalkBack’, tap on the settings icon once to select, followed by a double tap to open it.
- Scroll down and open ‘Accessibility’ and go to ‘Installed Apps’. Double tap on ‘TalkBack’ and then tap once on the on and off switch at the top right.
- Tap on ‘Turn off,’ and the ‘TalkBack’ feature will be disabled. You can also turn off ‘TalkBack’ using Bixby by simply pressing and holding the Bixby button and saying “Turn off TalkBack”.
Display’s touch sensitivity is too low
- Any attachment to the screen may affect the touch sensitivity of the device. But the touch sensitivity can be easily changed by following a series of simple steps.
- Navigate to ‘Setting’ and select ‘Display’. Scroll down to find the option for ‘Touch Sensitivity’ and toggle it on.
- If the touch sensitivity issue persists, try removing your phone’s screen guard and retesting your phone.
Screen doesn’t detect S-Pen input
- Any third-party accessories with a magnetic component, such as a phone cover, can affect S Pen recognition.
- To fix this, remove the accessory and install a Samsung-authorized cover, and try again.
- For optimal S Pen performance, avoid exposure to magnetic objects.
Download One UI 5.1.1 Always On Display with new clock styles
Samsung’s latest foldable smartphones come preinstalled with One UI 5.1.1. This new software comes with improved animations, some new useful features, and usability improvements. In addition, the One UI 5.1.1 brings a new Always On Display Clock Style and revamps one, which is available for download.
One UI 5.1.1 enhances the circular dial Always On Display clock, bringing the same-sized clock numbers. Besides, it adds a new clock style, which is in a horizontal arrangement and showcases time and date along with the day. The latest version of the Always On Display app brings new clock styles to One UI 5.1 phones.
Using the download link, you can download the APK file of the Always On Display app version 188.8.131.52 via mega.nz (via tarunvats33). Hopefully, Samsung will bring the new additions to Galaxy users with future update to the One UI’s AOD app.
- Always On Display v184.108.40.206 — Download [mega]
Follow our socials: