PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds‘ newest update 12.2 is here and brings with it a new 8×8 map, TAEGO. The map itself also has a number of unique characteristics, like landmarks and wildlife that will react to the sound of gunfire.
Meanwhile, the PUBG Battlegrounds maker introduces Season 13 which brings updates to Taego and Sanhok maps. This will be available for gamers from August 4 for PC and August 12 for the consoles. However, its most unique elements are all gameplay-centered, including the aforementioned comeback mechanic and a new self-revive item.
PUBG Battleground Season 13.1 update will launch a series of updates on Teego’s recently released map, which is set in the 1980s in South Korea. The Chief among these updates is the introduction of the Tagogo Room, which will occasionally appear on the map and contains other gears that Survivors can find.
However, players will need to find the secret key before reaching the Secret Room. Season 13 also introduces a new ranked season, adjustments to the Sanhok map, new Taego features and more.
What’s New in PUBG Battleground Season 13.1 Update
- New Ranked Season: Update 13.1 introduces a new ranked season, meaning all rewards earned during the Ranked Season 12 will be automatically added to players’ inventory once Season 13 goes live on Aug. 4. Ranked Season 13 will run for two months, similar to recent ranked seasons.
- Taego Tweaks: In addition to the aforementioned Secret Room, Taego will see an increase in the number of Air Drops to ensure all players have a greater chance to acquire valuable loot. The map will also see the introduction of plane Emergency Landings at the start of some matches.
- When flying players over the map, there are times when the plane engine will explode and will be forced to make an emergency landing. If players decide to not jump before the plane lands, they will start the match with 50 percent HP.
- Sanhok Updates: Despite a full remaster in 2020, the team at PUBG Studios continues improving Sankhok. With 13.1, the map will see the geography of the Northwest Island adjusted with small cliffs and rocks, providing cover for players moving across the shore.
- Map Rotation: With 13.1 Paramo will be replaced with Karakin in Normal Matches. The new map rotation for matches is the following:
To view the 13.1 patch report video, please click here. Season 13 launches on Aug. 4 for PC and Aug. 12 for consoles. Survivors who want to preview Update 13.1 can do so today on the PC Test Server. For more information on Update 13.1, please view the full patch notes here.