Samsung Galaxy A80 getting new software update with security improvements
Samsung Galaxy A80 is the first-ever triple rotating camera smartphone of the company that equips a full vision display. It was launched with One UI 1.1 based on Android 9 Pie and currently running on One UI 2.1 that is based on Android 10.
The company should have to provide an Android 10 based One UI 2.5 update for the Galaxy A80 users but it is still bringing two months older security patches with a new update.
This new firmware (A805FXXU4BTK3) update comes with October 2020’s security patch for security improvements. As every new update brings improvements to system stability and features, this new firmware for Galaxy A80 also adds the same.
READ MORE: Samsung One UI 3.0/Android 11: Official Roadmap and Eligible Devices [Updated]
WHAT’S NEW IN THE CHANGELOG:
- Device Stability improvements, bug fixes.
- New and/or enhanced features.
- Further improvements to performance.
If you want to check for the update manually, just head into the device Settings, select the Software update menu, and tap on the Download and install option.
What about One UI 3.0?
As per the official update roadmap of Android 11 based One UI 3.0, Samsung Galaxy A80 devices will start getting Android 11 upgrade from May next year.
One UI 3.0 is based on Android 11 that comes with a number of new changes in the user interface that reflects on the notification panel, app drawer, Settings menu, lock screen, and for improved the user experience.
Samsung One UI June 2023 Updates List
In June 2023, Samsung is continuing to rollout new One UI Security Maintenance Release to Galaxy devices through software updates. On June 5, the company published the One UI patch details, which lists the details of content included in the SW package.
On the same day, Google also released the June 2023 Android security bulletin. This is important for Galaxy devices as Android is the base of One UI and is responsible for each functional operation. To help enhance Galaxy security, Samsung’s June 2023 patch plays a key role.
This month, the US tech giant will release the third Beta software of Android 14. The new version of the operating system is likely to bring the most notable changes such as user interface tweaks, lock screen customization as well as performance and system stability.
One UI 6 Beta
One UI 6 Beta Program is not likely to begin in June 2023. Last year, One UI 5 Beta started in early August, while we could see an earlier debut this year, sometime in mid-July. The Galaxy S23 series will be the first to get it through Beta in the seven markets, mentioned here.
Samsung’s expected to launch the Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Galaxy Z Flip 5 smartphones in late July. Along with the new foldable phones, there will be the Galaxy Tab S9 flagship tablets, Galaxy Watch 6, and Watch 6 Classic. Everything makes July a Samsung and One UI-packed month!
Meanwhile, the latest software update rollouts are as follows:
Samsung One UI June 2023 Updates List
- June 2023 update is now rolling out to Samsung’s Galaxy A53, Galaxy S20 series, Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy A12 Nacho.
- The Galaxy S22 series, Galaxy Tab Active 3, Galaxy A52 and Galaxy A23 devices are updated to the June 2023 Android patches.
- Samsung’s powerful mid-ranger – Galaxy A52s is joining the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Note 20 flagships with the latest June 2023 One UI patch.
- Samsung begins the June patch update rollout starting with the Galaxy Z Fold 4 in the United States. A few hours later, the software served to the Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra handsets.
Samsung is updating DeX Services for functional improvements
Samsung Dex feature lets you extend your mobile device to a larger screen, creating a powerful desktop experience. Currently, the company is enhancing the Samsung DeX Home and System UI through June 2023 update.
The latest version of Samsung DeX services brings some bug fixes and common improvements in order to provide smoother performance. In addition, it also enhances some functions for a better usability user experience.
The fresh update for Samsung DeX Home and DeX System UI is rolling out gradually so it may take time to reach all eligible Galaxy devices. It is worth mentioning that the latest release is compatible with Samsung devices running Android 13 based One UI 5.1/One UI 5.0 or below.
You can check the updated version, package size, and download link below.
Samsung DeX Home
- Updated Version: 18.104.22.168
- Installation Package: 12.49 MB
- Download: Link
Samsung DeX System UI
- Updated Version: 3.0.01.21
- Installation Package: 6.86 MB
- Download: Link
How to enable Samsung DeX feature?
You can easily enable the Samsung Dex feature, just need to follow a dew steps.
- Start by plugging in and turning on your smart monitor.
- Using the remote or physical buttons on the monitor, select the Source option and select Screen Mirroring.
- On your Galaxy device, open the Quick menu by dragging and dropping the screen, then press the DeX option.
- In the DeX menu, select “DeX on TV or Monitor”.
- Searches for displays are available to connect your Galaxy device. When you see your smart monitor appear, tap on it.
- And that’s it! You should now see the DeX logo on your smart monitor and you may be working properly.
If DeX is enabled, you can use your mobile device as a touchpad. But for a real desktop-like experience, you might want to add a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
June 2023 update releases for Samsung Galaxy S20, Z Flip 4 and A12 Nacho
Samsung has kicked off the June 2023 security update for the Galaxy S20 series, Galaxy Z Flip 4, and Galaxy A12 Nacho. The latest security patch improves system security and behavior by fixing several security issues.
June 2023 security update fixes a bunch of vulnerabilities in Android and Samsung. There are several common vulnerability exposures listed in the document that falls into different ranges including 3 Critical levels and 47 High-Level CVEs.
Together with Android and One UI patches, the latest software update provides the best security and privacy on Galaxy devices. The fresh update for these devices is rolling out initially so it may take hours/days to reach all models.
You can check the June 2023 update for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, Galaxy A12 Nacho, and Galaxy S20 series smartphones through the details mentioned below.
Galaxy A12 Nacho
- Updated Version: A127FXXU9DWE4 [Russia]
Galaxy S20 Series
- Updated Version: G98xxXXUHHWED [European Countries]
Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Updated Version – F721U1UES2CWE1 [Unlocked US]
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
To install the latest update, you just need to go to the Settings of your phone and enter its Software update section. Simply tap on the Download and install option and the available update will appear on the screen. We recommend you install the update immediately if you have received the notification of the update.