Samsung’s older flagship, Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, and Note 7 are the premium smartphones launched in 2016. These devices brought great hardware and software functionalities for the consumer, keeping aside the Note 7 battery malfunctioning.
Talking about the software, these devices were launched with Samsung’s proprietary TouchWiz software suite along with the Android 6. Later on, moved to Samsung Experience UI and received two major updates including the Android 7 and Android 8 Oreo.
Currently, these smartphones aren’t eligible for any major software updates and stuck with Android 8 Oreo. But there’s a way that could allow you to use the latest Android 10 based One UI 2.5 on your Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, or Note 7 (If it’s still safe).
The One UI offers a brand new user interface and a completely new experience for a better user experience.
Below you can check the instructions on how you can install the latest One UI 2.5/Android 10 port on your Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, and Note 7 smartphones.
First, you need to know some information before you flash your device:
- This is a full Galaxy Note 9 port with the Android Version 10 and One UI 2.5.
- This is not an official ROM
- Read the full steps carefully to install the ROM successfully on your device.
- You are not allowed to use this base, aroma, or any parts of it for your own “ROM”. if you want to make a Q port, “DIY”.
- This ROM should only be installed on the Exynos 8890 version and is not meant for the Snapdragon variant.
You can download the update file for your Galaxy S7 and Note 7 (Exynos 8890 devices) devices from here.
Follow the steps below to download and install ROM on your device:
- Ensure you have up-to-date TWRP (MoroTwrp Recommended or My TWRP). Download from here
- Ensure you are running the recent Oreo bootloader and modem.
- Download and copy the ROM to your device.
- Wipe everything (SYSTEM, DATA, CACHE, DALVIK, and if possible internal storage).
- Flash the ROM.ZIP (Select only what you will use in bloat otherwise it will fail due to system size).
- Setup your ROM.
- After a full successful boot. you can flash Magisk if you need ROOT
or (In detail)
- Open TWRP recovery mode on your device
- Click on Wipe and then select Advanced Wipe
- Now select the following options: Dalvik/ART cache, System, Data, Internal storage (optional), and Cache.
- Then swipe to wipe
- After wiping the Data go back to the TWRP window and select ‘Install’
- Now select the update file to do so.
- Tap on External_sd
- Now select the update file as Floyd Q-V10-Exynos8890.zip
- Then again swipe to continue
- Now, wait for the process to end. It will take some time to install on your device. After the installation is complete click Next.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and now again click Next.
- A changelog will appear on the screen and the system will ask you to select the desired file.
- After selecting the files click on install.
- The final installation process will end in some time and after the reboot, you can enjoy Android 10 on your device.
- ROM OS Version: Android 10
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
- ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader/Modem and TWRP 3.3+
- Based On: One UI 2.5
- Status: Stable
- Current Stable Version: V5.0
- Stable Release Date: 2020-12-10
Features of Floyd/Hades Port Features:
- Samsung S9 DolbyAtmos
- Optimized for S7 Flat / EDGE with their own separate configurations
- Many props and feature tweaks and exclusive apps
- DE-Knoxed and disabled Additional Samsung root prevention and security spams
- Full OMC setup with Many Samsung supported countries
- MultiWallpaper support
- S9 Infinity Wallpapers pickable in aroma
- Selectable SmartManager (Intl / CN)
- @corsicanu Patched GoodLock manager
- Debloated via Aroma (Email, Calculator, Video, Music, Voice Recorder, etc)
- Custom boot animations (Samsung Wh/Bl, Floyd, Hades)
- Yuva features (UsbBackup, SPowerPlanning, SProtect, Ultra Data Saving, Memory Saver, and Samsung Max)
- Custom Fonts/Emojis included (And 1120 Font mods/Google fonts etc)
- Vanced Manager
- Patched for Single/Dual SIM + SDCard
- Patched Dual Messenger for All user apps
- Selectable Edge Panels and edgelighting+
- SamsungDaily (BixbyHome), Bixby Voice, and Bixby Vision
- Recovery toggle (Long Press restart)
- Samsung Max and other Misc WiFi features
- Native AppLock
- Wifi S-Secure
- Native Screen Video recorder
- Native Call recorder
- Enabled some CSC features (call record, status bar network speed, etc.)
- Google LiveCaptions
- Patched Knox WorkProfile
- Option to force enable RCS
- And the list keeps going!
- GearVR headset does not work
- Iris Scanner Does not work on Note devices
- You might face some bugs, errors, and issues because it is not an official ROM
- Updating your device with the custom ROM is your own choice, no one is responsible if anything goes wrong