Google Camera (Gcam) is a camera phone application developed by Google for its Pixel phones. It contains a number of features that can be activated either on the Settings page or on the row of icons at the top of the app.
The Gcam brings a bunch of features including Astrophotography, HDR+, HDR+ enhanced, Live HDR+, Dual Exposure Controls, Motion Photos, Video Stabilization, Super Res Zoom, Smartburst, Tap Shot, and much more.
Many developers have released unofficial ports that allow using Google Camera in non-Google phones. The GCam Mod brings the Google Camera app to several smartphones and ensures that all features work with them. There are several versions of GCam. Some versions are for multiple Android smartphones, while others are made specifically for a single smartphone.
What about GCam 8.0?
We now have a new GCam version, GCam 8.0. According to RPRNA, GCam 8.0 has several new features. Check below:
GCam 8.0 features:
- Automatic DND mode while using video-recording.
- Quick-Toggle for Video resolution changes
- New settings UI.
- 24FPS video recording.
- 4K@60fps Video recording
- Exposure controls to adjust brightness and HDR of your photo.
- Received Frequent Faces to help you capture Top Shot photos.
- Touch and Hold shortcut in the shutter button to capture Top Shot photos.
- AI adjustments.
How to download and install Google Camera on your Samsung smartphone:
The procedure is quite simple and you just need to follow the instructions below:
- Download the APK provided – Download Link (You can also find a new MOD APK here.)
- Select and Install it (Allow app installation from external sources).
- Open the Google Camera (Once the icon appears in your launcher).
Compatibility and requirements:
- Only works on phones with the camera2 API enabled;
- Mod compatible with modern Snapdragon SoCs. Some versions work on some Exynos phones, but usually with limitations.
- Most APK only support ARM64;
- Recent APK may
- not work on older Android versions;
- Requires GApps or a replacement like microG (more info);
- Android only;
Let us know in the comments below if you face any issue with the above GCam version.
Note: The GCam mod properly works on most Snapdragon SoC powered Samsung smartphones.