Samsung One UI 5.0 beta introduces a handful of new features and customization options, as well as several improvements over the previous UI. If you know you are eligible for One UI 5.0, you might be excited to install it as soon as it comes to your phones.
It’s always great to keep your device up to date. But unfortunately, some OTA updates, especially the beta ones, can sometimes break software, change features in unwanted ways, or bring bugs that can’t be fixed.
In such cases, rolling back to the previous stable version is the best option. However, you should not try it unless you are experiencing some serious issues as the rollback procedure can harm your device and its data.
In any condition, if you want to leave One UI 5.0 beta and move back to One UI 4.1, the rollback procedure is mentioned below.
Samsung One UI 5 Beta rollback method:
- Open the Samsung Members app.
- Tap the three-dot menu and enter Settings.
- From here, tap One UI Beta Program status.
- Hit the Withdrawal button and tap Next.
- Samsung will ask you the reason for rollback, mark any of the available reasons or tap Other.
- Now Submit the reason and click on Confirm.
- A pop-up message will appear that states “You’ve withdrawn from One UI beta program“.
- Now connect your phone to the PC through USB.
- Launch the Smart Switch application on the PC.
- Prepare a Backup as the downgrade procedure may harm your files.
- Select the Downgrade option.
- Your phone will be rolled back to the latest One UI 4.1 version.
It should b mentioned that Samsung One UI 5 beta has been released to Galaxy S22 series in various regions and, none of the users so far has reported its instability.
T-Mobile releases Android 13 One UI 5.0 update for Samsung Galaxy S20 FE in the US
Carrier-unlocked models of Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G smartphone at T-Mobile are now getting the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 software update in the US. Whereas, the US carrier-unlocked devices and internal variants have already grabbed it in late 2022.
Samsung is releasing this update with One UI build version G781U1UEU9FWA7. It installs plenty of new features alongside a lot of new improvements, customization capabilities, and a revamped user interface.
The Quick settings panel, Notification Panel, Recent menu, Home screen, Lock screen, and other compartments are getting various notable tweaks. Whereas, the app icons are now bolder and look great compared to the older ones.
As far as the new features are concerned, the Galaxy S20 FE Android 13 update brings 16 Color Palette options, Stack widgets, Notification Permission, Lockdown mode, Maintenance mode, Per-app languages, a new Smart Suggestion widget, a Smart Text extraction feature, new swipe features for easier multitasking, and much more.
Meanwhile, the Camera app is receiving various new changes and features including Picture, Historogarm in Pro mode, Help guide in Pro mode, Food Mode support in Telephoto camera, improved Single Take, and others.
At the same time, the Gallery app is receiving a new interface alongside improvised editing tools, and more. You will also notice major changes in the Edge Panels, Good Lock, Samsung Internet, Samsung DeX, Samsung Notes, Smart View, and other One UI apps and services.
— Samsung One UI Software Updates (@SamSWUpdate) January 31, 2023
One UI 5.1 would bring these new camera features to your Samsung Galaxy
One UI 5.1 is the next version of Samsung’s custom skin, which is going to release with the Samsung Galaxy S23 series. Obviously, the new update brings new features and improvements to older features. It is expected that Samsung will release new camera features with the One UI 5.1 update.
Recent reports also suggest that Samsung will also enhance its camera app along with several stock apps with the One UI 5.1 update by adding new features to provide a better photography experience to Galaxy users.
One UI 5.1 update is going to bring two big changes to the camera, which will make it much easier for you to capture the perfect photo or video. It will add a new option of Hue in the camera effects so that you can easily adjust hue while clicking photos. It means that when you open the camera open and press on effects, you will see three options – Hue, Face, and Filters.
In addition, Samsung will provide easy access to the expert RAW app, which means you can click photos with ease. It is possible that the company will also shift the Expert Raw app to the More section of the camera so that you can click perfect photos like a photographer directly from the camera app.
Samsung Expert RAW app lets you capture high-quality images without any processing or compression, perfect for those who want to edit their photos later.
Although Samsung has not yet made any official announcement, but it is not far away. Today is the last day of January 2023 and on February 01 there will be an announcement of One UI 5.1 along with the Galaxy S23 series.
Top 13 upgrades of One UI 5.1 coming to your Samsung Galaxy
Samsung’s One UI 5.1 is ready to be unveiled on February 1st along with the Galaxy S23 smartphones. Millions of Samsung fans are waiting for the debut of new Galaxy devices and the One UI 5.1. Ahead of the official debut, I’m sharing the top 13 upgrades that One UI 5.1 update will bring to your Samsung device.
Over the One UI 5.0 software, the Android 13-based One UI 5.1 update brings additional improvements, system refinements and a handful of new features. This hefty firmware package would surely take your experiences to the next level, thanks to the Galaxy S23 series.
The South Korean tech giant has not yet officially disclosed which Galaxy phones and tablets are eligible for the One UI 5.1. However, all Galaxy devices that are listed for major firmware upgrades such as the Android 14 would surely receive the One UI 5.1 update soon. Let’s explore big upgrades!
One UI 5.1 – Top 13 upgrades
1. You will be able to easily change the color tone while capturing selfies as the Effects button arrives on the side of the screen.
2. Samsung Camera app is integrating the Expert RAW app. You will be able to use it from the Advanced menu of the native camera setting.
3. Your photos will be saved in Gallery without any kind of shadow or reflection, thanks to photo processing improvements.
4. Samsung Gallery will offer information on images at a glance with just swiping up from the image UI.
5. New battery widgets are on the way to keep you updated with battery status of all your smart devices (Watch, Buds L/R).
6. There will be an advanced option letting you decide the location of storage of screenshots and screen recordings.
7. New weather widget will be added with new graphical display to show summary of current weather conditions (Sunny / Cloudy / Raining / Snowing).
8. You will be able to set different wallpapers for Modes and Routines (Lock screen / Home screen).
9. One UI 5.1 focuses on improving the features of Notes app along with cross device usability.
10. Useful features and suggestions will now appear on top when you access system Settings.
11. Bixby Text Calls will gain English language support, Korean is already available.
12. System-wide animations and visual effects will get further improvements.
13. Internal code changes and refinements to offer better performance and power efficiency.