Smartphones nowadays come with larger screens. Despite using this large screen for the best video viewing, you can also use it to operate two or more apps at the same time through the Samsung Multi Window feature.
What is Samsung Multi Windows?
Multi Windows! The name itself suggests that you can open and use multiple app windows on your phone’s main screen through the feature. You can minimize those app windows take them in other apps and with a single tap, they are ready to serve you with content.
Multi-Windows are helpful add-ons, especially on a screen with a taller aspect ratio. If this is not enough, Samsung also lets you create a pair of apps in the Edge panel so that you can launch two of your most commonly used applications with a single tap.
How to use Samsung Multi Windows?
- Open the first app you want to add to Multi Windows.
- Swipe up and hold from the bottom and reveal the multitasking menu.
- A menu will appear when you tap on the app icon.
- On the menu, tap Open in the pop-up view.
- It will create an app window for the selected app.
- You can continue following the same steps to open other apps in a pop-up window.
- You can use these apps as usual and view the other content on screen as well.
How to customize Multi Windows?
Besides just using the multi-window as normal, you can also customize its transparency as well as disable the more options menu. Here’s how:
- When an application is open in multi-window:
- Tap and hold the pop-up window to increase or decrease its size.
- Tap the top center or the window to move it.
- Tap the inside allows to minimize the pop-up view of the app.
- Tap the outside arrow to view in full screen.
- Tap cross to remove the app from multi-window.
- Now tap the three-dot menu and then the double-square option to select the transparency.
- Tap another box to unpin the options menu.
Here’s how to switch your Galaxy buds between your phone and tablet
If you own a pair of Galaxy Buds, you might want to use them with both your phone and tablet. But how do you switch between the two devices without having to manually disconnect and reconnect them? Don’t worry, you can do that as Samsung offers a function for Galaxy devices named “Auto switch to other devices”.
The Auto switch to other devices function allows your Galaxy Buds to automatically connect to the phone or tablet you’re using when you start a call or play media. This way, you don’t have to worry about missing a call or pausing your music when you switch devices. You can enjoy seamless audio across your Samsung devices.
To use this feature, you need to sign in to the same Samsung account on both your phone and tablet. This feature may vary depending on your device, so make sure you have the latest software update on both devices. You also need to enable Bluetooth on both devices and pair your Galaxy Buds with them.
To enable the auto switch feature, follow these steps:
- Tap on Earbuds settings.
- Tap on the Auto switch to other devices option
- Toggle on the switch, next to the devices you want to use with the auto switch.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy using your Galaxy Buds with both your phone and tablet without any issue. You can also disable the auto switch feature anytime by following the same steps and toggling off the switch.
Here’s how to add transitional effects on lock screen of your Samsung device
Samsung offers a bundle of features for lock screen customization on your Galaxy smartphone. In addition to the wallpaper, you can now add transition effects for lock screen wallpapers, all thanks to the Samsung Wonderland Good Lock module.
The new update of Samsung Wonderland added a new type of wallpaper that includes captivating transition effects when the user turns on the screen. It allows users to customize their experience by setting different wallpapers with transitions.
How to add transitional effects on the lock screen?
To apply the transition effect lock screen wallpaper, you just need to follow a few steps given below.
- Open Samsusng Wonderland app.
- Tap on the “Create your different lock screen effect” option.
- Select any one transitional wallpaper for the lock screen. You can also select it from the Gallery app.
- Now tap on the Set as Wallpaper option and it is done.
However, you can customize the transition effects type, Speed, thickness, Brightness, and Grayscale of the lock screen, just need to tap on the Edit option ahead of Set as wallpaper.
Here’s how to use Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 ‘Water Lock Mode’
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 offers a remarkable feature named Water Lock Mode. It prevents unintended interactions while submerged in water. This feature is a valuable addition, ensuring seamless functionality and peace of mind while wearing the Galaxy Watch 4 in the water.
There are two simple methods to activate Water Lock Mode on the Galaxy Watch 4. The first involves a quick swipe down to access the Quick Settings Panel, followed by tapping the Water Mode icon.
Alternatively, users can enable this mode through the device’s Settings menu by selecting “Advanced Features” and toggling on the “Water Lock” option. Once enabled, Water Lock Mode renders the touchscreen inactive, shielding the watch from accidental touches underwater.
To deactivate Water Lock Mode, users can press and hold the home key. The watch emits sounds to expel water from the speaker, while a gentle shake eliminates any moisture from the pressure sensor.