Samsung has kicked off an Android 13-based One UI 5.1.1 update for the Galaxy A22 smartphone. This update brings several new features and improvements to provide a better and more intuitive experience.
One UI 5.1.1 update for Samsung Galaxy A22 smartphone arrives with One UI build version A226BRUBU8DWK2. The update is rolling out in Central American countries including Guatemala. The update installs the October 2023 security patch to improve system security.
According to the changelog, the update comes with 8 One UI 5.1.1 enhancements related to Multi Window, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, Device Care, Quick Share, Samsung Health, Camera, Gallery, and Taskbar.
One UI 5.1.1 Update
Better app previews on the Recents screen
- The Recents screen now shows apps as they will appear after you open them. You can easily see if an app is opened in split screen, full screen, or as a pop-up.
Easily switch from pop-up view to split screen
- Press and hold the handle at the top of the pop-up window, then drag the app to the side of the screen where you want it to be shown.
Restore pop-ups snapped to the edge of the screen
- Drag an app in pop-up view to the edge of the screen to snap it to the edge and keep it out of the way. When you need it again, tap anywhere on the pop-up to bring it back to its previous location.
Check minimized apps with the S Pen
- Hover your S Pen above a floating app icon to see a preview of how the app will appear when you open it.
More recent apps
- You can now choose how many recently used apps to show on the taskbar (up to 4).
Share files privately
- Protect private content when you share it. You can set expiration dates for the files you send, cancel sharing at any time, and prevent recipients from saving or resharing.
Camera and Gallery
More date and time styles for watermarks
- Customize the date and time separately with more style options to get the perfect look for your watermark.
Enhanced remaster previews
- Thumbnail images are now shown below the image you’re remastering. Tap a thumbnail to compare the remastered image to the original with a larger view.
Apply effects more easily
- Filter and tone effects in Gallery now use a dial instead of a slider making it easier to make precise adjustments with just one hand.
Copy and paste effects
- You can now copy and paste filters and tones from one picture you’ve edited to another.
Drag and drop with two hands
- Start dragging files, app icons, or other items with one hand, then use your other hand to navigate to the folder or location where you want to drop them. Supported in My Files and the Home screen.
Keep storage space available
- When you’re running low on space in your internal storage, app cache information will be shown when you analyze storage in My Files. Clearing app caches can help you free up space without deleting files or apps.
Enhanced memory management in Device care
- More information is provided about apps using memory on your tablet, giving you the option to put apps to sleep if too much memory is being used.
Change your mode from the Lock screen
- Change between Sleep mode, Driving mode, and other modes directly from the Lock screen.
Customize your layout in Samsung Internet
- You can now make the taskbar appear at the bottom of the screen. When you do this, the tab bar and bookmark bar will also be shown at the bottom.
More Galaxy S21 FE users getting One UI 6.0 (Android 14) update
Samsung rolled out the One UI 6.0 update for the Galaxy S21 FE smartphone, starting with Verizon network carrier in the US and now the company is expanding it to more users. Now, the company is making this update available in some European countries including Germany.
The Galaxy S21 FE smartphone is getting One UI 6.0 update in Germany with One UI build version G990B2XXU5FWK3. The update has around 2.4 GB package, you can connect your device to Wi-Fi to install the update.
Based on Android 14, the One UI 6.0 update offers a more refined and user-friendly interface, enhanced privacy and security options, redesigned widgets and notifications, improved performance and battery life, and more.
The update also installs the November 2023 security patch. Users can check for the update manually by going to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
— Samsung Software Updates (@SamsungSWUpdate) December 7, 2023
Samsung Galaxy M14 5G bags Android 14 and One UI 6.0 update
One UI 6.0 update for Samsung Galaxy M14 5G smartphone is currently rolling out in Middle East countries including UAE and the company will soon make it available in more markets. The update has a One UI build version M146BXXU2BWK8.
Based on Android 14, One UI 6 update arrives with new features and improvements such as a redesigned user interface with smoother animations, a revamped notification panel and quick settings, improved privacy and security settings, enhanced camera performance and modes, new widgets, and more.
The latest update also includes the November 2023 security patch, which fixes several vulnerabilities in the Android OS and Samsung’s software.
Users who have received the update can install it from Settings >> Software Update >> Download and install. The update aims to provide an amazing experience for devices.
Samsung starts One UI 6.0 public rollout for Galaxy A53 in India
One UI 6.0 update for Galaxy A53 non-beta users arrives with the One UI version A536EXXU7DWK6 and has a size of about 2.3GB. The update also includes the November 2023 security patch.
One UI 6.0 is the latest version of Samsung’s custom skin, bringing many new features and improvements. Some of the changes are related to the Quick Panel, Lock Screen, My Files, Reminder, Calendar, Health, Video Player, Weather, Gallery, Camera, Home screen, and more. These features are designed to make the user experience more convenient and enjoyable.
To download and install the One UI 6.0 update, users can go to Settings >> Software Update >> Download and install. One UI 6.0 is expected to roll out to other Samsung devices in the coming days.