Samsung is rolling out a One UI 5.1.1 update with a September 2023 security patch for Galaxy A14 5G smartphone. The update is rolling out for locked Galaxy A14 models on the Verizon network in the US.
The latest update comes with a bunch of new enhancements for Gallery, Samsung Health, Hotspot, and more to deliver an intuitive and reliable experience, In addition, it updates, the update installs the latest Android security patch to improve system security and stability.
One UI 5.1.1 update for Samsung Galaxy A14 5G smartphone can be identified through One UI build version A146USQU4BWH4. The update is rolling out gradually so it may take time to reach all models.
One UI 5.1.1 Update for Samsung Galaxy A14 5G
This software update provides One UI 5.1.1, with enhancements to Gallery, Samsung Health, and Hotspot. For more information, open the Tips app > “What’s new in One UI 5”. The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
- Added more date/time styles for watermarks.
- Copy/paste effects.
- Remaster picture: Added Focus view to highlight individuals.
- When paired with Galaxy Watch, Samsung Health now provides upgraded sleep management, including Sleep Score Factors, Sleep Consistency and Sleep Animal Symbols. You can also access Sleep Coaching from your Galaxy Watch to track your progress and stay motivated throughout the day.
- Added Private Sharing to set time limits and prevent recipients from resharing files.
- Added Share to contacts to quickly find your contacts and share files.
- Enhanced memory management.
- Added option to clear app cache.
- Added Memory resident apps option for managing processes
- Added dashboard for hotspot mobile data usage.
- Added data limits and time limits for managing hotspot usage.
- Added one-time password to provide temporary access to hotspot.
Stable One UI 6.0 (Android 14) update released for these Samsung devices
Millions of Samsung consumers are eligible for the One UI 6.0 update. Before the October end, Samsung started to release the Stable Android 14-based One UI 6.0 to the Galaxy S23 series devices. The expansion will continue along with new Galaxy devices in the update party.
Back in August, the South Korean tech giant started its Android 14 Beta Program, which took about two months to transform into Stable One UI 6.0 update. Notably, various Galaxy devices (mid-range and flagships) were able to test Android 14 through the One UI 6 in certain markets.
Samsung will continue to distribute the Stable One UI 6.0 update to eligible Galaxy devices globally. Months ago, we compiled a list of Galaxies eligible for the Beta and Stable update. Similarly, we are now keeping track of Stable build’s availability for Galaxy devices.
Stable One UI 6.0 (Android 14) update released for these devices
Galaxy S series
- Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S23 FE
- Galaxy S21 FE [Verizon]
Galaxy Z series
- Galaxy Z Fold 5
- Galaxy Z Flip 5
Galaxy A series
- Galaxy A54
- Galaxy A34
- Galaxy A24
- Galaxy A14
- Galaxy A73
- Galaxy A53
- Galaxy A33
- Galaxy A52s
Galaxy M series
- Galaxy M53
Galaxy Tab series
- Galaxy Tab S9/S9+/S9 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S8/S8+/S8 Ultra
Note: Availability varies by region and carrier.
Top features and changes of One UI 6.0
- Redesigned Quick Settings and Notifications panel.
- New lockscreen customizations.
- New font and simpler icon labels.
- Tweaks in the Camera app.
- Modes are directly tied to the lock screen.
- Bixby Text Call now supports more languages.
- New Weather and Camera widgets.
- Richer data in the Weather app.
- New emoji style in Samsung Keyboard.
- Multitasking improvements in the Gallery app.
- New Auto Blocker feature (blocks app installation from unauthorized app stores).
- You can check the complete changelog here.
Samsung announces Galaxy S23 FE release date in France
Back in October, Samsung introduced the Galaxy S23 FE smartphone. Since then, the company has sequentially expanded the phone’s market-wise availability. Now, Samsung announced the release date of Galaxy S23 FE in France.
Samsung will release the Galaxy S23 FE in France on December 8, 2023. The company is highlighting the phone’s camera and videography skills along with battery and design. As shown in the image, the Galaxy S23 FE will be available in four colors: Purple, Black, White and Mint.
The Galaxy S23 FE is expected to come pre-loaded with Android 14-based One UI 6.0 software. In initial launch markets, the device was shipped with One UI 5.1, powered by Android 13. Moreover, the S23 FE France unit will be powered by Exynos 2200 chipset.
Samsung Health adds real-time blood sugar tracking through Dr.diary
Today, Dr.diary announced that it has partnered with Samsung to provide real-time blood sugar tracking through the Health app. Samsung’s Health app is now integrated with Dr.diary app so users can easily share their life log data.
Samsung Health shares blood pressure, steps, and sleep data, and Doctor Diary shares blood sugar info. Using a continuous glucose monitor (CGM), it tracks the user’s blood sugar level in real-time and shows the impact of diet, exercise, stress, and sleep on health.
Dr.diary has a community where people share health management methods and chronic disease concerns and provides specialized content for managing blood sugar and blood pressure. Customers who linked the Samsung Health and Doctor Diary apps were selected by lottery and given the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Buds 2.