The fresh beta update revamps the Video Player layout to simplify video controls by grouping similar buttons and centering the Play button. Playback speed controls are also improved with dedicated buttons.
Moreover, it also brings bug fixes including better stability for the One UI home, addressing crashes, and resolving issues when switching home screens with apps or encountering Bixby call errors.
However, some known issues remain such as the inability to install the Kids app until mid-September and occasional voice recognition and Google Assistant errors. Overall, the update promises improved video playback and system stability for Galaxy S23 users.
Samsung One UI 6 Beta 3 Changelog: New features and Bug fixes
- Video Player Enhanced layout: Video player controls are now easier than ever. Buttons with similar functions have been grouped together, and the Play button has been moved to the center of the screen.
- Enhanced playback speed controls: Choose between several video playback speeds between 0.25x and 2.0x. Speed controls are now easier to access with dedicated buttons instead of a slider.
Bugs that have been fixed
- Improved One Ul home crash.
- Improved sometimes stop problem when switching home screen using app.
- Fixed Bixby call error in certain situation.
- Improved sometimes stop problem when pressing long on home screen.
- Improved the app termination problem when entering camera video mode.
- Improved the problem that Samsung Pay is not executed with swipe gesture.
- Automatic restart of device care (add manual setting menu for schedule restart).
- Improved the shape of notification icon in text message.
- Fixed the notification bar color errors when running apps on DeX.
- Fixed the problem that the routine does not work in “When you receive a message” condition.
- After updating One UI 6, the installation of Kids app is not possible (It will be possible in mid-September).
- On boarding failure occurs when login is restarted after Samsung Pass initialization and Samsung account logout – Voice recognition error “answer the phone” while receiving phone call.
- Google Assistant error when swipe up in a specific situation.
Follow our socials:
More Galaxy S21 FE users getting One UI 6.0 (Android 14) update
Samsung rolled out the One UI 6.0 update for the Galaxy S21 FE smartphone, starting with Verizon network carrier in the US and now the company is expanding it to more users. Now, the company is making this update available in some European countries including Germany.
The Galaxy S21 FE smartphone is getting One UI 6.0 update in Germany with One UI build version G990B2XXU5FWK3. The update has around 2.4 GB package, you can connect your device to Wi-Fi to install the update.
Based on Android 14, the One UI 6.0 update offers a more refined and user-friendly interface, enhanced privacy and security options, redesigned widgets and notifications, improved performance and battery life, and more.
The update also installs the November 2023 security patch. Users can check for the update manually by going to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
— Samsung Software Updates (@SamsungSWUpdate) December 7, 2023
Samsung Galaxy M14 5G bags Android 14 and One UI 6.0 update
One UI 6.0 update for Samsung Galaxy M14 5G smartphone is currently rolling out in Middle East countries including UAE and the company will soon make it available in more markets. The update has a One UI build version M146BXXU2BWK8.
Based on Android 14, One UI 6 update arrives with new features and improvements such as a redesigned user interface with smoother animations, a revamped notification panel and quick settings, improved privacy and security settings, enhanced camera performance and modes, new widgets, and more.
The latest update also includes the November 2023 security patch, which fixes several vulnerabilities in the Android OS and Samsung’s software.
Users who have received the update can install it from Settings >> Software Update >> Download and install. The update aims to provide an amazing experience for devices.
Samsung starts One UI 6.0 public rollout for Galaxy A53 in India
One UI 6.0 update for Galaxy A53 non-beta users arrives with the One UI version A536EXXU7DWK6 and has a size of about 2.3GB. The update also includes the November 2023 security patch.
One UI 6.0 is the latest version of Samsung’s custom skin, bringing many new features and improvements. Some of the changes are related to the Quick Panel, Lock Screen, My Files, Reminder, Calendar, Health, Video Player, Weather, Gallery, Camera, Home screen, and more. These features are designed to make the user experience more convenient and enjoyable.
To download and install the One UI 6.0 update, users can go to Settings >> Software Update >> Download and install. One UI 6.0 is expected to roll out to other Samsung devices in the coming days.