Samsung’s Galaxy S24 Ultra is expected to be shorter, wider, and thinner than the Galaxy S23 Ultra. Reliable leaker today revealed the dimensions data of the S24 Ultra, suggesting some unexpected changes.
According to IceUniverse, the dimensions data of Samsung’s Galaxy S24 Ultra is 162.3mm × 79mm × 8.6mm. If the input is correct, the company’s next flagship smartphone will be shorter, wider, and thinner than S23 Ultra.
To be noted, the Galaxy S23 Ultra expands 163.4 x 78.1 x 8.9 mm, with a 6.8-inch screen likely to remain unchanged. Based on the data, the source also shared a mockup-like image, displaying thick bezels around the screen.
OnePlus 12 w/ Periscope camera and three striking colors leaks in official renders
OnePlus 12 will be officially launched on December 4. Ahead of the unveiling, official renders of the OnePlus 12 have leaked, which reveal Periscope camera and three striking colors: White, Green, and Black.
The leaked official renders of the OnePlus 12 show the upcoming device in all its glory. The phone’s camera housing has undergone significant improvements, reaching new heights of sophistication.
As explained by SparrowsNews, the OnePlus 12’s camera housing accommodates a total of four openings, featuring three camera sensors, including a periscope telephoto lens, and a 4th opening dedicated to supporting sensors.
Samsung, on the other hand, is expected to unveil the Galaxy S24 series in January next year. The Galaxy S24 Ultra will introduce a new 50-megapixel Telephoto solution, offering a 5x optical zoom feature, ditching the 10x zoom.
Samsung forms Future Business Planning Unit: Prep for thrilling 2024
Today, Samsung announced the regular personnel changes for the 2024 presidents, including the establishment of a Future Business Planning Unit, a Vice-President-level dedicated organization to discover new businesses that can change the future industry landscape.
- Vice President Yong Seok-woo, Vice President of Visual Display Business Division, DX Division, Samsung Electronics → President, Head of Visual Display Division, DX Division, Samsung Electronics
- Vice President Kim Won-kyung, Head of Global Public Affairs Team, Management Support Office, DX Division, Samsung Electronics → President, Head of Global Public Affairs, Samsung Electronics
Change in commissioned work
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Samsung SDI, Vice Chairman Jeon Young-hyun → Vice Chairman and Head of Future Business Planning Division, Samsung Electronics
- Jonghee Han, CEO of Samsung Electronics, Vice Chairman and Head of DX Division, Head of Video Display Business Division, Head of Home Appliances Division → Vice Chairman and CEO of Samsung Electronics) Head of DX Division, Head of Home Appliances Division
- Samsung Electronics CEO Kyeong-Hyeon Kyeong, President and Head of DS Division → Samsung Electronics CEO and President and Head of DS Division, SAIT Director
Future Business Planning Unit
The main feature of this presidential personnel appointment is the establishment of the “Future Business Planning Unit” as a VP-level organization to discover new businesses that are not an extension of the existing business, thereby laying the foundation for pioneering new business areas.
VP who contributed to the growth of the TV business was promoted to president and boldly appointed to the position of head of the business division, and the global external cooperation organization was elevated to the president level to contribute to building a global cooperative relationship.
Galaxy S24 will be a real AI Phone, Samsung registers trademark
Following Google’s mega Pixel 8 showcase, Samsung seems serious about making its upcoming Galaxy S24 a real AI Phone. In a recent development, the company registered a trademark for the word “AI Phone” with Intellectual Property Office.
Since the trademark application doesn’t mention Galaxy S24, it’s absolutely Samsung’s preparation for its AI Phone project. In addition, the company is also aiming to trademark Magic Pixel, Flex Magic, and Flex Magic Pixel for AR products, smart displays, and TVs.
As per reports, the South Korean tech giant could unveil the Galaxy S24 on January 17, 2024. The Unpacked event will be held in San Jose as part of showing collaboration with Google and competition with Apple. Pre-orders will start on the same day as Unpacked 2024.