Samsung’s Good Lock service introduces a lot of customization options, consisting of Units and Family sections. Among them, the Unit section’s LockStar module comes at first as it appears on top just after opening the Good Lock application.
As the name suggests, Samsung LockStar enables Lock screen customization of the Galaxy devices, however, your phone should support Good Lock functionality. Officially, Samsung claims LockStar lets users place Clocks, Notifications, and App Shortcuts in various places to further beautify the lock screen.
In order to further improve the usability of the LockStar module, Samsung keeps this application regularly updated, and also adds new features and customization options. In this article, we will cover all the latest insights about the Samsung LockStar module.
Samsung LockStar Updates
- Samsung LockStar 22.214.171.124
- Samsung LockStar 126.96.36.199
Samsung is rolling out March 2023 update for the LockStar Good Lock module, which brings with SmartSwitch support to deliver a better user experience. Read more here…
- Samsung LockStar 188.8.131.52
Samsung LockStar is getting December 2022 update with version 184.108.40.206. The new update comes with fixes for edit layout issues of the lock screen to improve the performance.
You can install the latest update via Galaxy Store with an updated package size of 61.54 MB.
— Samsung Software Updates (@SamsungSWUpdate) December 21, 2022
- Samsung LockStar 220.127.116.11
The Korean tech giant is releasing a new update for the Samsung Good Lock module LockStar with version 18.104.22.168. The new update brings One UI 5.0 Good Lock support for foldable devices.
You can install the latest update via Galaxy Store or download it directly from the link mentioned here.
- Samsung LockStar 5.0.00.3
Samsung LockStar module has received Android 13-based One UI 5.0 support via a new update with version 5.0.003. Read more here…
- Samsung LockStar 3.0.00.6
Samsung is releasing a new update for the LockStar module with version number 3.0.00.6 and an updated package size of 61.23 MB. Read the full story here.
- Samsung LockStar 3.0.00.5
Samsung One UI 4.1 LockStar module is getting a new update with version number 3.0.00.5. To be mentioned the update weight is around 61.23 MB. Read the full story here.
- Samsung LockStar 3.0.00.3
Samsung is releasing a new update to its Good Lock’s module LockStar with version 3.0.00.3 and an updated package size of 61.23MB. It brings several improvements to enhance stability and performance. The latest update change position of clocks, music widgets, notification, and tips as well as manages saved styles. You can download the latest update from here.
- Samsung LockStar 2.1.00.29
Samsung LockStar app is getting a new update, which updates the library for Clockface support. Aside from this, there’s no new feature or change noted. Users can identify the update through version 2.1.00.29 and can download the update from here.
- Samsung LockStar 2.1.00.27
Samsung released a new LockStar update through the Galaxy Store, carrying build number 2.1.00.27. The changelog mentions a newly added reset menu alongside support for a guide popup of music widget visibility accessible through [Settings > Lockscreen > Widget > Music] in One UI 4.0. [Source]
- Download Link – To be added
Samsung unveils Good Lock 2024, launching alongside One UI 6 – New Features, Enhancements
Samsung Good Lock is a popular app and some users have been waiting for a long time for the app to be updated to support the latest One UI 6.0 based on Android 14. Now, the company has announced the Samsung Good Lock 2024 through the official community.
The Functional manager has recently shared some plans for the app’s future development. In a post on the Samsung Members app, the team revealed that Good Lock will be launched simultaneously with the official 6.0 distribution and that some modules will undergo major changes and improvements.
Samsung Good Lock 2024
One UI 6
- Good Lock will be launched simultaneously with the official 6.0 distribution.
- Good Lock: When installing apps with every upgrade, the company is trying to reduce the steps of moving to the store so they can be installed quickly and easily without moving.
- Edge lighting +: ‘Edge lighting +’, which was only available on the Galaxy foldable, will be introduced in earnest this time. With the cute pop effect you want when you receive notifications and make suggestions for improvement.
- Sound Assistant: It seems that decorating the volume panel is only done through color selection, so please look forward to the change by providing various effects and control method changes so that you can enjoy new decoration effects.
- Wonderland, which has changed with a unique lock screen effect, is preparing to enable new transition effects when moving between AOD and lock screen/home screen.
- Samsung is preparing to provide more detailed information about why my notifications are not ringing through NiceCatch.
One UI 6.1
- Many people have complained about the inconvenience of LockStar / Clock Face having a structure that is separate from the lock screen, so Samsung is preparing it so that it can be set naturally within the lock screen.
- This is a very big task, so the people in charge of the lock screen will be encouraged if you give some words of support.
- Keys Cafe is developing a feature that allows you to map desired functions to keyboard gestures and designate keyboard touch sounds as desired.
Changes and delayed features
- HomeUp is undergoing major structural improvements to support a wider variety of styles.
- The theme park has a structural implementation in addition to the theme of the terminal. Every time you install a theme, you may wonder why it takes so long to install an app. By changing the structure, the company want to improve these inconveniences and aim for a lighter theme.
Also, the ‘Dropship Ride Together’ feature will be released soon regardless of the 6.0 upgrade.
Samsung ClockFace update fixes clock-style issue on Galaxy Z Flip 3, Flip 4
September 2023 is going on and Samsung ClockFace has received a new update with version 2.3.23. ClockFace is a Good Lock module that allows users to customize the clock on their lock screen and always-on display. The latest version of the app brings some improvements for the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 devices.
According to the changelog, the update fixes an issue where the clock-style menu entry was not stable on the Z Flip 3 and Z Flip 4. This means that users can now choose from various clock styles without any glitches or crashes. The update also improves the overall performance and stability of the app.
The update has a package size of 142.25 MB and it is recommended to download it over a Wi-Fi connection. Users can check for the update by opening the Galaxy Store app and tapping on the Menu option, then tapping on the Updates.
— Samsung Software Updates (@SamsungSWUpdate) September 19, 2023
Samsung RegiStar 1.0.43 update fixes side key bug [Good Lock]
Samsung has released a new update for its RegiStar Good Lock app with version number 1.0.43. This fresh update is available for download from the Galaxy Store with an installtion package size of 30.89 MB.
The update fixes a bug that caused the app to terminate unexpectedly when the user pressed and held the side key on some devices. This issue was reported by some users who experienced app crashes when they tried to use the side key to access any Samsung function or apps.
In addition, the update also improves the performance and stability of the app to provide a better experience. We recommend all users of the RegiStar app update to the latest version as soon as possible to enjoy the enhanced features and functionality. The RegiStar app is compatible with most Samsung devices running One UI 5.0 or later versions.
To install the Samsung RegiStar 1.0.43 update via the Galaxy Store, you just need to open the app and tap on the Updates option following the Menu option.