On March 6, Samsung released the March 2023 Android plus One UI patch details for Galaxy devices and the updates started to roll out on the 7th. Within February, Samsung updated most of the Galaxy devices with One UI 5.1 and February 2023 security patch.
Samsung’s monthly software updates arrive as part of the security maintenance release. Hence, we recommend you install the latest firmware to keep your Galaxy device up to date with the latest security solutions. Besides security patches, Galaxy updates may also offer performance improvements.
One UI 5.1
One UI 5.1 debuted on February 1st and all the flagship Galaxy models received it within 20 days of launch. For the next major upgrade, Galaxy users have to wait longer, while this incremental feature-rich firmware will be helping you with improved performance further.
Galaxy A54, A34
On March 15, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy A54 and Galaxy A34 smartphones. These devices use Exynos 1380/MediaTek processor and run the S23-like Android 13-based One UI 5.1 out of the box. As expected, these devices are set to hit market shelves later this month in Southeast Asia and Europe.
Throughout March 2023, we will continue to get new updates, and official announcements, as well as leaks and rumors about upcoming phones and software. You can stay up to date with the Galaxy ecosystem by following us on Google News, and below, we will keep you updated with March 2023 updates rollout by Samsung.
March 31, 2023:
- Galaxy A52 5G on T-Mobile received the March patch with software version: A526USQS7EWC1.
- Galaxy F62 smartphone also grabbed the March patch (PDA: E625FDDU3CWC2) over the air.
March 29, 2023:
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE smartphone users have already received the March 2023 security update in different regions.
March 28, 2023:
- Galaxy S20 series and Galaxy S21 FE received the latest Android security patches by Verizon carrier.
March 26, 2023:
- Samsung Galaxy devices getting March 2023 Google Play System update in select countries including Germany and India.
March 25, 2023:
- The Galaxy M42 smartphone users started grabbing the latest Android patches via OTA.
March 24, 2023:
- The Galaxy A54 4G is also receiving the March patch.
March 23, 2023:
- The Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7 Plus users collecting the latest Android security patches from Samsung.
- Samsung released the March 2023 update to Galaxy A30s mid-range phone.
March 22, 2023:
- Samsung’s Galaxy S21 FE smartphone grabbing March 2023 security patch.
March 18, 2023:
- The Galaxy A52s started getting this newest security patch.
March 17, 2023:
- Samsung expanding Mar. patch to more Galaxy Z Fold 3, Flip 3, S22 and Note 20 users.
- The Galaxy A53 starts getting latest security update.
- Severe Exynos modem vulnerabilities discovered, read more
March 16, 2023:
- The S20 FE LTE and 5G smartphones started to get the March patch.
March 15, 2023:
- The Galaxy Tab S8 series also joins flagships receiving March security maintenance release.
March 12, 2023:
- Samsung’s Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10 Plus start getting the March patch.
March 11, 2023:
- The new security patch is now available for Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 in the US.
March 09, 2023:
- The Galaxy S22, S21, Note 20 series, and Galaxy Z Fold 3 started getting the latest security update in the US.
March 08, 2023:
- The company pushed March 2023 Android patches to the Galaxy S20 series.
March 07, 2023:
- Samsung starts the latest security patch’s rollout for Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S21 series.
4 Samsung Galaxy smartphones getting September 2023 security update
Samsung already rolled out a September 2023 security update for a bunch of Galaxy devices and the company is now making it available for 4 more Galaxy smartphones – Galaxy A32, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A02, and Galaxy M02. The latest update improves system security and stability by installing the latest Android security patch.
September 2023 security patch mends over 60 flaws, which are mainly related to Samsung Keyboard, Dual Messenger, Knox AI, Phone and Messaging Storage, One UI Home, Weather, and more.
- Galaxy A32 5G – A326U1UESBDWI1
- Galaxy A21s – A217FXXSADWI1
- Galaxy A02 – A022GDXS3BWH1
- Galaxy M02 – M022FXXS3BWH1
How to Update:
If you have received the notification of the update then install it now to get a bug-free experience. You can also check the update by visiting the Settings app on your smartphone and opening the Software Update section.
Now, click on the Download and install option. If any update is available, you can follow the on-screen instructions to install the update on your Galaxy smartphone.
September 2023 update for Samsung Galaxy Note 20 live in India
After Europe and the US, Samsung has started expanding the September 2023 security update for Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra smartphones in India. The latest update improves system security and stability to provide a better Galaxy experience.
September 2023 security update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series in India can be identified through One UI build version N98xBXXS8HWI3. Through this update, the company aims to provide seamless and bug-free device performance as it fixes over 60 security flaws.
The Korean tech giant will soon make this fresh update available for all Note 20 users. If you have received this update, then you can install it through Settings >> Tap on Software Update >> Click on the Download and Install option.
Samsung sending weighty One UI update to 3 Galaxy devices
Samsung is rolling out a huge size update for three of its Galaxy smartphones – Galaxy F62, Galaxy F22, and Galaxy A22. The update brings several improvements to the device’s security, stability, and performance. The update might also add some new and enhanced features to the devices as installtion package sizes are more than 1GB.
The major update is based on the August 2023 Android security patch level and protects the devices from potential threats and vulnerabilities. It improves the behavior of these devices and fixes some bugs that may have affected the user experience.
Users of Samsung Galaxy F62, Galaxy F22, and Galaxy A22 are getting this update in India and the company will expand it soon.
- Firmware: E625FDDU4CWI1
- Package size: 1261.60 MB
- Firmware: E225FXXU8DWH4
- Package size: 1157.26 MB
- Firmware: A225FXXU7DWI1
- Package size: 1125.17 MB
The update is available as an OTA and users can check for it by going to Settings > Software update > Download and install. The update size may vary depending on the device model and region. However, we recommend users back up their data before installing the update and use a stable Wi-Fi connection to avoid any interruptions.