One UI 5.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 grabs One UI 5.1: Here’s the full changelog
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 starts getting the One UI 5.1 update, just two months after getting updated to the Android 13-based One UI 5.0. The initial update rollout is happening in South Korea, hence, consumers in the international market will have to wait a few days.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
The new One UI 5.1 update delivers an improved experience with a refreshed gallery, productivity features, and more granular personalization features to the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. Last month, the budget tablet received January 2023 patch in the global market, which is included in the latest Korean ROM.
The owners of Galaxy Tab A8 can identify the new One UI 5.1 feature-packed update via PDA version number X200XXU2CWC1. Since the device was released with Android 11, the company will not serve any new OS version upgrade in the future.
Here’s the full changelog:
Simplified Full-Screen Switching and Minimize
- You can easily minimize or full-screen the window of the app you’re using without having to open the option menu separately. Drag the corner of the window you want to change.
Easily open your most-used apps in split screen
- When you open split-screen, your most-used apps appear under your most recently used apps, allowing you to launch your most-used apps more quickly.
Continue viewing Samsung Internet
Webpages on another device
- Continue using the webpage you opened on another Galaxy device. If you are viewing a web page in the Internet app on your Galaxy phone or tablet and open the Internet app on another Galaxy device signed in to the same Samsung account, a button will appear to open the last web page you were viewing on the old device.
Improved search functionality
- You can also search by bookmark folder or tab group name, and the search method has been improved so that you can find the desired result even if the search term is misspelled.
Camera and Gallery
Adjusting the color of selfies made easier
- You can easily adjust the color of your selfies by pressing the effect button on the side of the screen.
Easily check photo or video information in a cleaner layout
- When viewing photos or videos in the gallery, swipe up to view camera information, file information, shooting location, and various related photos in a cleaner layout.
Mode and Routines
Change the wallpaper according to the mode and routine mode
- Set a wallpaper suitable for your activity and change the wallpaper according to the mode. You can set various wallpapers such as work wallpapers and exercise wallpapers.
Add routine action
- New gestures have been added to control Quick Share, touch sensitivity, or change fonts.
Quickly check useful weather information
- Quickly check detailed weather information, such as severe weather information, today’s weather summary, and sunrise and sunset times, right at the top of the Weather app. Changes in temperature over time are also easier to see in color.
On rainy days, precipitation information at a glance
- The change in precipitation over time is provided as a graph.
Cleaner widget design
- You can check whether the weather is sunny, cloudy, snowy or raining in the weather widget as an illustration, along with brief information about the current weather.
View battery level for multiple devices at once
- The new battery widget makes it easy to check the battery level of various Galaxy devices from the home screen. See at a glance how much battery life is left for various devices supported by your tablet, such as the Galaxy Buds.
Use up to 3 emojis in AR Emoji Camera’s mask mode.
- Take fun photos and videos with more friends in mask mode. Up to 3 people can use emojis instead of faces.
Easily suggest settings that are right for you
- When you sign in to your Samsung account, settings or features that are useful to you are displayed at the top of the Settings screen, allowing you to easily connect your Galaxy devices and share content with each other. Easily connect various Galaxy devices to broaden your mobile experience.
Spotify Music Recommendation
- The smart recommendation widget can recommend Spotify music and playlists that match your activity. Enrich your various activities with music, from driving to exercising and relaxing. To receive recommendations, you need to log in to your Spotify account on the latest version of the Spotify app.
Directly selecting the storage location for screenshots and screen recording files
- You can select the folder where screenshots and screen recording files are saved.
One UI 5.1
How to customize One UI 5.1 Edge Panel on your Samsung Galaxy
One UI 5.1 offers different customization possibilities to meet the need of users. This operating system allows the smartphone’s interface to be configured in a few steps in a very practical way to combine the power of the Galaxy with the user’s lifestyle. Among the many options of One UI 5.1, the Samsung Edge Panel is a powerful ally for everyday usability.
Edge Panel is a sidebar that unfolds only when desired with a brief pulling movement towards the center. It allows you to access your favorite app with just two taps. This feature is not only easy to use but also powerful.
When did you think of measuring small things with your phone? This can be achieved with an edge panel ruler. In addition, you can also use a surface level to level objects and a compass to guide you in the right direction.
Enable Edge Panel
Firstly, find the handle of the Edge Panel which is basically located next to the volume buttons. Then drag to one side to scroll from right to left.
Now, tap on the Settings button in the lower right corner of the screen. From there you can choose which panel category to add. If you want widgets with animated messages, reminders, contacts, or tools for different purposes, just select the category to add an Edge Panel table with these settings.
Aside from this, you can also add this feature through Settings >> Display >> Edge Panels.
Also, you can visit Galaxy Store where you can choose from different free and paid options for Edge Panels templates such as Calendar, Reminders, Contacts, and more.
How to customize Samsung One UI 5.1 Edge Panel?
Along with editing preferences for shortcuts to be added to the Edge panel, you can also configure Edge’s design according to the user’s style, choosing colors, shades, and styles.
Once you’ve tapped on the setting, click the arrow next to Panels to open the column customization. The Edges panel can be activated or deactivated, and the edges can be re-selected.
To change the strap that initially activates when you open the panel, select the Handle option. By choosing this option, you can change the color, transparency, size, and position of it.
Edge panel customization is available on many Samsung Galaxy models including Galaxy S23 5G, S23+ 5G, S23 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S22 5G, S22+ 5G, S22 Ultra 5G, Z Fold4 5G, S21 Ultra 5G, Z Fold3 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, Note20 Ultra 5G and Z Fold 2.
One UI 5.1
3 New Samsung One UI 5.1 Widgets
Samsung added new widgets with the One UI 5.1 update as well as improved some of the previous widgets and added new features to them. These new widgets were first introduced with the Samsung Galaxy S23 and are now available on a bunch of Samsung devices.
The newest version of Samsung’s custom skin One UI brought new widgets such as the Battery Widget and Dynamic Widget. Also, some older widgets like the Contacts and Smart Suggestions widgets have been improved.
So far, the Korean tech giant rolled out this major One UI update to several Galaxy devices including A series, S series, F series, Note series, M series, and Tab series in different regions. Along with this, more Galaxy users can now use new widgets.
Below you can see the details of the top 3 smart widgets that you must try on your Samsung Galaxy devices running One UI 5.1.
3 New One UI 5.1 Widgets
Battery Widget allows you to check the battery of your Buds, smartwatches, and other connected devices effortlessly so you can check the information of the battery and charge them before they get discharged.
There are two formats of the battery widget, the first one that appears in circles and the second one that appears in the list form. You can choose and add it to your smartphone’s home screen.
Read more: How to add One UI 5.1 Battery widget on Galaxy phone’s lock screen
Dynamic Weather Widget
Samsung improved Dynamic Weather Widget with One UI 5.1. The new widget lets you view important information like the place, temperature, UN index, and day/night at a glance.
The company has also added animation to weather widgets with the One UI 5.1 update. These animations feature a person’s character, who walks in frames created for the occasion, to signify the weather.
Read more: Samsung One UI 5.1 Weather Widget
New Contacts Widget
With One UI 5.1, Samsung further enhances the Contacts widget feature by adding a new and useful widget type. Once you install the latest One UI version, you can contacts widgets on your smartphone’s home screen in four formats, whereas in One UI 5.0, you can add it in 3 formats.
The fourth one is Direct Dial, which allows you to add four contact numbers to call directly.
How to add a Widget?
You can easily add widgets of any app on your home screen just need to follow a few steps. First, tap and hold the blank space on your smartphone’s home screen >> tap on Widgets >> select any app or feature >> click on Add option and it is done. Your Galaxy device must be updated on One UI 5.1 or later versions.
One UI 5.1
Samsung Galaxy A22 4G starts receiving One UI 5.1 update [Expanding]
Samsung Galaxy A22 4G smartphone is getting One UI 5.1 update with a bunch of new features and improvements in Brazil. Users can identify the latest update through One UI build version A225MUBU5CWD1.
Samsung Galaxy A22 5G One UI 5.1 – Brazil pic.twitter.com/bpgVNoZR7a
— Samsung Software Updates (@SamsungSWUpdate) May 5, 2023
We recommend you install this major update to enjoy new features on your Galaxy A22 smartphone. To download and install, open Settings >> Software Update >> Download and install.
March 28, 2023
Samsung recently released the Android 13-based One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy A23 smartphone and the company is now started pushing this major update for another A series smartphone – Galaxy A22 4G.
Samsung Galaxy A22 4G One UI 5.1 update comes with version A225FXXU4DWB8. The update is currently rolling out in different countries including India, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Romania, Baltic, Portugal, and Spain.
The update is rolling out initially so it may take some hours/days to reach all Galaxy A22 models. The company will soon release One UI 5.1 to all eligible devices.
Back in 2021, Samsung launched Galaxy A22 smartphone with Android 11 and the device is now receiving its last update which is Android 13-based One UI 5.1
One UI 5.1 Features for Galaxy A22 4G
One UI 5.1 update brings a host of new features and improvements to take your phone to the next level. This major update revamped the gallery image info display, now, when you swipe up while viewing a picture or video in your gallery you can see detailed information with a simple layout.
Samsung Galaxy A22 One UI 5.1 Update #Samsung #GalaxyA22 #oneUI pic.twitter.com/HPg1CHbacQ
— Samsung Software Updates (@SamsungSWUpdate) March 28, 2023
In addition, the company also brings advanced multitasking features. You can now minimize or maximize an app window without going to the options menu, just need to drag one of the corners. For split view, you’ll see categories for Recent apps and Most used apps, allowing you to quickly select apps for Split Screen.
Furthermore, the One UI 5.1 update adds new widgets to the Galaxy devices including a battery widget, a contacts widget, and a dynamic weather widget. Not only this, you can now select a video clip to use as your wallpaper through Open Wallpaper > Select a video from your Gallery > Trim recommends the best moment (15 seconds max). The best part of the video clip is recommended for editing.