Samsung One UI March 2023 Devices – Monthly and Quarterly [List]
Like every month, Samsung has made its monthly update information available through the scope page this month as well. Samsung March 2023 security patch details are now officially out and the company has also revised the list of monthly and quarterly updates for Galaxy devices.
While updating the monthly device list, the company has taken care of these things – newly launched devices, the ones whose life cycle is over, and the ones that won’t get any major updates anymore.
As per the official information, Samsung’s March 2023 plan ensures Monthly Security updates for 39 Galaxy devices, Quarterly Security Updates for 68 devices, and Biannual Security Updates for 50 devices.
The latest March 2023 security patch for Galaxy devices comes with fixes for 5 critical CVEs and 35 high levels of CVEs to make them more secure. However, 4 Android CVEs aren’t applicable on Galaxy devices.
Let’s see the updated Monthly and Quarterly Plan for March 2023 for Samsung devices.
Samsung Monthly Updates Devices
- Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy Z Fold4, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip4, W23, W23 flip
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra, Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Samsung Quarterly Updates Devices
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, Galaxy Note10 Lite
- Galaxy A40
- Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03s, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A23 5G, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy A04, Galaxy A04s, Galaxy A04e, Galaxy A14 5G
- Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M22, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G, Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M62, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M23 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G, Galaxy M04
- Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F62, Galaxy F13, Galaxy F04
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3, Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, W22 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A50, Galaxy XCover4s, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro, Galaxy Xcover Pro
Samsung Biannual Updates Devices
- Galaxy A10, Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A01, Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A42 5G
- Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51
- Galaxy M12
- Galaxy F12
- Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A with S pen, Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020), Galaxy Tab A7
- Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Tab S7+
- W20 5G, W21 5G
Wearables Eligible for Security Updates
- Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic
- Galaxy Watch5, Galaxy Watch5 Pro
How to add, remove, and edit widgets on your Samsung Galaxy S23
Samsung introduced new widgets with the Galaxy S23 series smartphones as it came pre-installed with the latest version of One UI – One UI 5.1. The company has added these new widgets to more devices with the One UI 5.1 update.
A widget is an easy way to know any information directly from your smartphone’s home screen. Samsung offers widgets of several apps and features to Galaxy devices and the company adds more app widgets to get more on the home screen.
One UI 5.1 brings a new Battery Widget, Dynamic Weather Widget, and a new Contact Widget type. In addition, the company enhances the Smart Suggestion widget as it can now recommend Spotify music and playlists that match your activity.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
Let’s see how you can add, remove or edit Widgets on your Samsung Galaxy S23 smartphone.
How to add a Widget?
You can easily add a widget on the Home screen of your Galaxy S23 smartphone, just need to follow the steps below.
- Pinch in on the Home Screen
- Click on the Widget option
- Now, tap on the app or feature you want.
- Select the widget type.
- Press Add button.
- You can now use and see this widget on the Home screen.
How to Remove?
Follow the steps to remove the Widget:
- Tap and hold the Widget that you want to delete
- Click on the Remove option.
First of all, open Settings >> Tap on Lock Screen >> Click on Widgets >> Press Reorder Option >> Now you can adjust the order as you want to see on Lock Screen.
One UI 6.0
One UI 6.0 Beta may be available for these Samsung Galaxy devices
Google is expected to begin Android 14’s Public Beta program at its I/O 2023 event (May 10). Samsung, on the other hand, may start the One UI 6.0 Beta program for Galaxy devices sometime after the official launch of the new operating system.
The Korean tech titan’s recently launched Galaxy S23 lineup would be the first to get the One UI 6.0 Beta update. Later on, Samsung is likely to expand the Beta program to the Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S21 series along with the upcoming and older foldable phones.
The Stable One UI 6.0 update would start rolling out in October 2023, with Samsung may take about three months to gain the stability milestone through its Beta testing. In case the company manages to begin the Beta program by August, we may see the official One UI 6.0 rollout by October.
Last year, the South Korean tech giant started the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 Beta program in early August. With a quite short delay, the company managed to deploy the official One UI 5.0 firmware in late October and rapidly expanded to several models within a month.
We believe Samsung may not make us wait too long for the Android 14-based One UI 6.0 Beta preview. Timeline aside, the Beta program may be available for several Galaxy devices, with some mid-range Galaxy A and M series would be included.
Samsung One UI 6.0 Beta Galaxy Devices:
- S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra
- S22, S22 Plus and S22 Ultra
- Z Fold 4 and Z Flip 4
- S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra
- Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3
- Availability may be limited to select markets.
- The list is based on the previous rollout and Samsung’s software strategy.
- Select A and M series phones may also get access to the One UI 6.0 Beta program.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
One UI 5.1
Samsung serves One UI 5.1 update to the Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Samsung releases One UI 5.1 update to the Galaxy Tab S7 FE users. The latest firmware comes with a plethora of new features such as useful multitasking tools and new home screen widgets. Once installed, the update will take your tablet to a whole new level.
According to the information, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G variant has started getting the Android 13-based One UI 5.1 update. Since the initial rollout is happening in Europe and some other markets, US availability is expected a few days later. The software bears PDA build version – T736BXXU2CWC5.
As the latest One UI 5.1 version takes your tablet to the next level, Samsung has also included the February 2023 security patch to ensure better system reliability. There are new Gallery features as well as enhancements to productivity and personalization.
Tab S7 FE users mainly use it as a portable PC and multitasking becomes a necessary function. Focussing on user’s needs, Samsung One UI 5.1 comes with three changes for the multitasking ability of the tablet, which you can check below:
- Easily minimize or switch to full screen: You can now minimize or maximize an app window without going to the options menu. Just drag one of the corners.
- Access your most used apps in split screen: When you start a split-screen view, the apps you use most often will be shown below your recently used apps to help you find the apps you need faster.
- Improved multitasking in DeX: In split-screen view, you can now drag the divider in the center of the screen to resize both windows. You can also snap a window to one of the corners to make it fill a quarter of the screen.
- Added GIF Remaster
- Enhanced Photo Remaster
- Settings suggestions
- Spotify suggestions in Smart Suggestion widget
- Contacts widget
- Battery status widgets
- Enhanced dynamic Weather widget
Apart from this, the One UI 5.1 introduces notable upgrades to the Samsung Internet app. It adds a new feature, allowing you to continue browsing on another device if you’ve signed in with the same Samsung Account. Moreover, the search function now shows more precise results to the consumers.