Google has introduced a new feature for its Chrome app to further enhance the security and privacy of Android users and meet their expectations. The company will now let its Android users add fingerprint unlock to access Incognito tabs in the Chrome app.
First spotted by 9To5Google, the new feature will require biometric authentication when you resume an Incognito session that was interrupted. In order to use it, you first need to open Chrome settings in the app, enter the Privacy and Security section and turn on the “Lock incognito tabs when you close Chrome” toggle.
Enabling or disabling this option will require verification. In case you don’t want to add fingerprint unlock security, you can also use a PIN. Once you turn this feature, the splash screen appears immediately after you exit Chrome, which can come in handy when giving your phone to someone with whom you do not want to share your personal stuff.
Do note that fingerprint unlock security for Incognito tabs is currently not available to all Android users of Google Chrome as of Chrome 109. The company is expected to soon expand it, however, you can also enable this flag to get the feature immediately.
Aside from this feature, Google Chrome is also expanding Safety Check with more personalized recommendations and reminders about websites you’ve previously shared with you and finding those controls in one place to revoke permissions and protect your privacy.
Samsung unveils Good Lock 2024, launching alongside One UI 6 – New Features, Enhancements
Samsung Good Lock is a popular app and some users have been waiting for a long time for the app to be updated to support the latest One UI 6.0 based on Android 14. Now, the company has announced the Samsung Good Lock 2024 through the official community.
The Functional manager has recently shared some plans for the app’s future development. In a post on the Samsung Members app, the team revealed that Good Lock will be launched simultaneously with the official 6.0 distribution and that some modules will undergo major changes and improvements.
Samsung Good Lock 2024
One UI 6
- Good Lock will be launched simultaneously with the official 6.0 distribution.
- Good Lock: When installing apps with every upgrade, the company is trying to reduce the steps of moving to the store so they can be installed quickly and easily without moving.
- Edge lighting +: ‘Edge lighting +’, which was only available on the Galaxy foldable, will be introduced in earnest this time. With the cute pop effect you want when you receive notifications and make suggestions for improvement.
- Sound Assistant: It seems that decorating the volume panel is only done through color selection, so please look forward to the change by providing various effects and control method changes so that you can enjoy new decoration effects.
- Wonderland, which has changed with a unique lock screen effect, is preparing to enable new transition effects when moving between AOD and lock screen/home screen.
- Samsung is preparing to provide more detailed information about why my notifications are not ringing through NiceCatch.
One UI 6.1
- Many people have complained about the inconvenience of LockStar / Clock Face having a structure that is separate from the lock screen, so Samsung is preparing it so that it can be set naturally within the lock screen.
- This is a very big task, so the people in charge of the lock screen will be encouraged if you give some words of support.
- Kids Cafe is developing a feature that allows you to map desired functions to keyboard gestures and designate keyboard touch sounds as desired.
Changes and delayed features
- HomeUp is undergoing major structural improvements to support a wider variety of styles.
- The theme park has a structural implementation in addition to the theme of the terminal. Every time you install a theme, you may wonder why it takes so long to install an app. By changing the structure, the company want to improve these inconveniences and aim for a lighter theme.
Also, the ‘Dropship Ride Together’ feature will be released soon regardless of the 6.0 upgrade.
Samsung Phone app gets new stabilization patch in September 2023 [One UI 6]
We are in September 2023 and Samsung is releasing a new update for its Phone app. The update with version 15.0.28 applies a new stabilization patch to make the app more stable. It is available on Galaxy Store with an installtion package size of 25.16MB.
In addition, the update fixes some issues that users encountered in the last version. However, it does not bring any new feature or changes but provide a better usability experience.
Samsung Phone September 2023 update available for Galaxy devices running Android 14 based One UI 6. So if you testing the latest beta update on your Galaxy smartphone, then you can install this update through the Galaxy Store >> Menu option >> Updates.
Also, you can download the latest update of the Samsung Phone app through the link mentioned here.
Download: SamsungOne Font v2.3 update rolling out to Galaxy devices
Samsung has pushed a new update for its SamsungOne Font, which carries V2.3. It is a custom font that can be used on Samsung devices. The font was last updated in 2021, and the new version brings some improvements and bug fixes.
The SamsungOne Font allows users to change the font style and size of their device’s interface, as well as some apps that support it. You can also change SamsungOne Font from thin to bold. The latest update fixes some issues that users may have encountered, such as compatibility and stability problems.
The fresh update for the SamsungOne Font app has a package size of 0.67MB, which is relatively small and should not take much time or space to download and install. The new update is compatible with Galaxy devices running Android 9.0 Pie to Android 14.
Users can install the SamsungOne Font v2.3 update through the Galaxy Store or download it directly from the third-party source link mentioned here.