Today, Samsung published the December 2022 security patch details along with the revised Galaxy software update plan. The company confirms, through its official support page, various Galaxy S, Z, Note and A series devices will received the December 2022 security patch this month.
Galaxy S series phones launched after the S10 Lite will be grabbing the newest Android security patch. Next, the Galaxy Z line, starting Z Fold 2, all new foldable devices are eligible for the December patch alongside China-exclusive W23 and W23 Flip foldables.
The Galaxy Note 10 Lite and both 4G/5G variants of Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra will also receive the December 2022 update this month. Lastly, the eligible enterprise models include Galaxy A52 LTE/5G, A52s, A53, XCover Pro, XCover 5 and XCover 6 Pro for monthly patches.
Below, you can check which Galaxy devices will be getting December 2022 security update:
Galaxy S Series
Devices that receive Dec 22 patch marked bolded.
- Galaxy S20 LTE/5G
- Galaxy S20+ LTE/5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra LTE/5G
- Galaxy S20 FE LTE/5G
- Galaxy S21 5G
- Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- Galaxy S22
- Galaxy S22+
- Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S10 Lite
Galaxy Z/W Series
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G
- Galaxy Z Fold 4
- Galaxy Z Flip LTE/5G
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip 4
- W23 [China]
- W23 Flip [China]
Galaxy Note Series
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite
- Galaxy Note 20 LTE/5G
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra LTE/5G
Galaxy A/Enterprise Series
- Galaxy A52 LTE/5G
- Galaxy A52s 5G
- Galaxy A53 5G
- Galaxy A51 5G
- Galaxy XCover Pro
- Galaxy XCover 5
- Galaxy XCover 6 Pro
One UI 5 is available
All of the above-listed Galaxy devices (international), except for XCover Pro, have started getting the Stable Android 13-based One UI 5.0 firmware update. The new OS upgrade brings slew of new features, and notable system optimization for better user experiences. More here: Everything about One UI 5.0
OnePlus copying Samsung
Recently, OnePlus announced that select flagship devices launched in 2023 will be eligible for four generations of Android and five years of “regular” security patches. Samsung is already offering 4 OS upgrades to its flagships and select mid-rangers, as well as five years of patches. Read more:
Samsung One UI September 2023 Updates List
The second Beta of One UI 6 brought the September 2023 security patch to the Galaxy S23 series in late August. At the same time, Samsung is rolling out the September 2023 updates to a range of Galaxy devices, and the patch details went live on the 5th.
Samsung officially disclosed that its September 2023 updates will be rolled out for a number of Galaxy devices. The company includes common vulnerability exposure items by Google in its Galaxy software along with additional Samsung vulnerability exposures.
September 2023 Bulletin:
Android 14 & One UI 6:
Google has reportedly postponed the official launch of Android 14 by a month. Reports claim that there are a few vulnerabilities that are delaying the Stable OS release, and the launch could happen on October 4. Meanwhile, Samsung has been running the One UI 6 Beta Program since the last month.
Samsung One UI September 2023 Updates List
- Samsung Galaxy Galaxy A32, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A02, and Galaxy M02 are getting a September 2023 update to enhance system security.
- September 2023 security update now available for for Galaxy A52s smartphone with a huge package size.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 getting a new update with September 2023 update
- September 2023 update rolling out for Samsung Galaxy M32 smartphone.
- Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra smartphones are getting a September 2023 security update.
- Samsung Galaxy A72 users are getting a new huge update with a September 2023 security patch.
- Samsung is rolling out a new update for Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra, which installs the latest Android security patch released in September 2023.
- Samsung has begun rolling out the September 2023 security update for Galaxy A54 5G smartphone users.
- Samsung has started releasing a September 2023 security update for Galaxy A03s smartphone.
- Samsung has finally started releasing a new update for Galaxy S21 FE, which brings the latest Android security patch released in September 2023.
- Samsung is rolling out a new update with the September 2023 update for the Galaxy A71 smartphone.
- Samsung is sending a new update for Galaxy A53 5G smartphone users, which installs the latest Android security patch released in September 2023.
- The Galaxy A52 4G smartphone is getting a new update with September 2023 security patch to improve system security
- Samsung has begun releasing the September 2023 security update for Galaxy S20 FE users
- Samsung begins rolling out a new software update for the Galaxy A32 5G in the US.
- Samsung is sending a new update with the September 2023 update for the Galaxy A13 5G smartphone in the US.
- Samsung Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus, and Galaxy S23 Ultra are getting the September 2023 security update in Europe.
- The Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Flip are getting the September 2023 security update for unlocked models in the US
- Samsung is releasing September 2023 security update for Galaxy S23 series, Galaxy A52 4G, Galaxy A72, and Galaxy Z Fold 2 smartphones
- Samsung has started rolling out a new update with a September 2023 security patch for Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Galaxy Z Flip 5
- Samsung has pushed a September 2023 security update for Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra, Z Fold 3 and Z Fold 4
- Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S22 series received the latest security patch on One UI 5.1 software.
- September 2023 patch rolled out for Galaxy A14 5G, making it the first Samsung phone to get the update on Stable channel.
- Samsung’s September 2023 patch is already out for Galaxy S23 One UI 6 Beta participants
4 Samsung Galaxy smartphones getting September 2023 security update
Samsung already rolled out a September 2023 security update for a bunch of Galaxy devices and the company is now making it available for 4 more Galaxy smartphones – Galaxy A32, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A02, and Galaxy M02. The latest update improves system security and stability by installing the latest Android security patch.
September 2023 security patch mends over 60 flaws, which are mainly related to Samsung Keyboard, Dual Messenger, Knox AI, Phone and Messaging Storage, One UI Home, Weather, and more.
- Galaxy A32 5G – A326U1UESBDWI1
- Galaxy A21s – A217FXXSADWI1
- Galaxy A02 – A022GDXS3BWH1
- Galaxy M02 – M022FXXS3BWH1
How to Update:
If you have received the notification of the update then install it now to get a bug-free experience. You can also check the update by visiting the Settings app on your smartphone and opening the Software Update section.
Now, click on the Download and install option. If any update is available, you can follow the on-screen instructions to install the update on your Galaxy smartphone.
September 2023 update for Samsung Galaxy Note 20 live in India
After Europe and the US, Samsung has started expanding the September 2023 security update for Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra smartphones in India. The latest update improves system security and stability to provide a better Galaxy experience.
September 2023 security update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series in India can be identified through One UI build version N98xBXXS8HWI3. Through this update, the company aims to provide seamless and bug-free device performance as it fixes over 60 security flaws.
The Korean tech giant will soon make this fresh update available for all Note 20 users. If you have received this update, then you can install it through Settings >> Tap on Software Update >> Click on the Download and Install option.