The C-Lab Demo Day is also a graduation ceremony for startups that have increased their self-reliance with the support of Samsung Electronics at C-Lab Outside for one year.
The main objective of the C-Labs program is to expand the creative culture within the company by exploring and implementing innovative ideas. Over the years, the C-Labs Inside Program has spawned new Samsung products like its eco-packaging, the Cero Lifestyle TV, and even Samsung Pay.
Samsung 2022 C Lab Startup Demo Day included presentations and exhibitions from C-Lab Outside 4 Startups, Q&A, and networking with the C-Lab advisory panel.
Around 300 people participated in the event. These comprise top-level executives from 20 startups. It included National Assembly members Um Tae-young, Park Hak-kyu, president of Samsung Electronics’ Management Support Office, C-Lab Advisory Committee members, C-Lab officials, and Samsung Electronics employees.
You can watch the ‘C Lab Startup Demo Day’ which encouraged the growth of young entrepreneurs and explored business opportunities in detail in the graphic news below:
For more information, visit Samsung Newsroom South Korea.
Don’t wait for One UI 6 on these Samsung smartphones
It’s not possible for any smartphone maker to provide users with never-ending software support. With Android 13, various Galaxy devices ended major upgrade support, and the same case will happen with One UI 6 for some popular Samsung smartphones.
Preparation to deliver 2023’s Android version is already underway by Google. While Pixel users have started experiencing the Android 14 OS through the Beta Program, Samsung didn’t see that side. However, the company is running the One UI Beta Program, which started on August 10.
This year, popular Samsung flagships such as Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note 20 series won’t receive the One UI 6. Both lineups have finished their striking era of continuous software upgrades, still, an additional year of security patches is remaining.
Samsung has always remained the king of after-sales services to Galaxy consumers. Presently, the company provides up to four years of major OS upgrades, which will be extended further for the time being. It has also raised the bar of security updates to five years, letting consumers keep their phones longer.
Citing sadly, but don’t wait for One UI 6 on these Samsung smartphones:
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20 Plus
- Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S20 FE LTE/5G
- Galaxy Z Flip – LTE/5G
- Galaxy Note20
- Galaxy Note20 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
Sizzling era ends at 5.1
Samsung delivered the One UI 5.1 upgrade to all flagship smartphones upgraded to the Android 13-based One UI 5.0. The new version means more new features, and there’s no exception with the One UI 5.1 software system.
Customization is at its peak level on the One UI 5.1 and the upgraded capabilities of Good Lock (and family) make you wow! Screenshots no longer collide with photos captured by the camera and creating a cutout of the object is as simple as copying a text!
Samsung One UI 6 Beta
Google launches a new major iteration of its mobile platform every year. 2022 was an impressive year, when it comes to Android 13 update distribution for Samsung devices. In October 2023, Google is likely to release Android 14, which will debut on the Samsung Galaxy lineup with the One UI 6 update.
One UI 6 Beta Release
Samsung One UI 6 Beta Program started in August, while Android 14 reached Platform Stability with the third Beta release in early June. The company could probably reveal its Android 14 rollout plan regarding the Beta in the next few days as it recently published the announcement post.
Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta Program started for the Galaxy S22 series on August 5. This year, the Galaxy S23 series is the initial lineup that is invited for Android 14’s Beta by Samsung. These devices will receive the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta update:
One UI 6 Beta Eligible Devices
- Galaxy Z Series
- Z Fold 5 & Z Flip 5
- Z Fold 4 & Z Flip 4
- Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3
- Galaxy S Series
- S23, S23 Plus & S23 Ultra – Beta 3
- S22, S22 Plus & S22 Ultra
- S21, S21 Plus & S21 Ultra
- Galaxy A Series
- A54 – Korea
One UI 6 Beta Eligible Countries
The Beta Program of One UI 6 update is available in these seven markets:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
One UI 6 Beta Latest News [Updated on September 28]
- One UI 6 Beta 5 for the Galaxy S23 series arrives: Fixes touch, camera, rebooting, and more issues
- Samsung has finally opened the One UI 6 Beta program based on Android 14 for the Galaxy A53 in India.
- Users of the Galaxy S22 series in India can now enjoy One UI 6 features and enhancements ahead of stable release as Samsung has officially begun the Beta Program.
- Samsung today begins the rollout of One UI 6 Beta 4 to the Galaxy S23 series. October 2023 security patch included in the Beta 4 alongside critical bug fixes.
- Samsung has opened the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra.
- Samsung has started rolling out an incremental software update to the Galaxy S23 series. Considered the One UI 6 Beta 3 Hotfix.
- Samsung has finally started the One UI 6 Beta Program for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Samsung has just rolled out the One UI 6 Beta 3 update based on Android 14, which introduces significant enhancements, new features, and bug fixes.
- Samsung begins Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy A54 5G in South Korea.
- The third One UI 6 Beta update was reportedly released to some Galaxy S23 smartphone users in Europe.
Aug 31 – Sep 4
- Galaxy S23’s Beta 2 is available in all seven eligible markets, came as first Beta in China, India, Poland and the UK.
- After the One UI 6 Beta 1 update, Samsung is rolling out the hotfix update for Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23, and Galaxy S23 Plus smartphones in Korea.
- Samsung has finally started the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus and Galaxy S23 Ultra in South Korea, Germany and the US.
- Samsung revealed the One UI 6 Beta design changes and availability for the Galaxy S23 series. However, the official announcement post has been taken down minutes after publishing.
- Samsung representative revealed that the rollout of One UI 6 Bet has been postponed due to bugs.
- Samsung teased One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 series by launching a discussion forum in Korean and Indian communities.
- Google today announced the rollout of the Android 14 Beta 4, which is considered near-stable. Pixel phones could receive Stable Android 14 next month, while Samsung’s One UI 6 Beta comes quite near.
- The One UI 6 Beta based on Android 14 is too close to the Galaxy S23 series as the first Public Beta firmware ZWFA has been spotted on the server for the Ultra variant.
- As Android 14 reached Platform Stability, Samsung will soon begin the One UI 6 Beta testing program. It is reported that the Galaxy S23 series will get the new OS on Beta channel in the third week of July.
- Last week, tipster Dohyun Kim, Samsung could release the One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 series in mid-July this year.
Samsung and other Korean giants stumble as global economy slows
Due to sluggish chip and energy sectors amid a global economic slowdown, South Korea’s major companies performed far worse than their US counterparts in the first half of 2023.
According to FKI report, South Korea’s top 100 nonfinancial firms listed on the main local bourse saw their combined sales edge up 0.3 percent on-year to $746.3 billion in the January-June period.
Samsung saw its sales, operating profit, and net profit dip 21.5%, 95.4% and 86.9% on-year, respectively. Comparable figures of its US counterpart, Apple, dropped 4.2%, 10% and 9.2%.
The FKI stressed the need for South Korean big businesses to establish stable profit sources as they remain more vulnerable to external shocks than big U.S. companies.
The combined operating profit of the Korean companies tumbled 63.4 percent on-year to $24.8 billion won in the six-month period, while that of the U.S. corporations shrank 3.9 percent to $638.5 billion.