Looking for the Android 13 update information for your Samsung Galaxy smartphone, you are now in the right place. As Google and Samsung made Android 13 and One UI 5.0 official, Galaxy fans are now eagerly waiting for the upgrade.
The South Korean tech giant revealed the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update’s roadmap which promises a major OS upgrade for all eligible Galaxy devices from November 2022 to February next year. Check out the roadmap for Germany here.
With the Samsung Galaxy Android 13 Update Status  page, we are providing our readers the latest insights related to the Android 13-based One UI 5 upgrade for their Galaxy devices such as phones and tablets.
This page mentions all the updates released ahead of the Android 13 update, new features, eligible Samsung devices for Android 13, One UI 5 Beta program, release date, rollout plan, roadmap, and everything you need to know.
Table of contents
- Samsung Galaxy November 2022 Update
- What’s new with Samsung Galaxy Android 13
- Will my Samsung Galaxy get Android 13?
- Samsung Galaxy Android 13 Beta
- Samsung Galaxy Android 13 Release Date
Aside from the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 updates, Samsung also rolls out new firmware updates with new features and security patches to the Galaxy devices. You can directly jump to the topics through the table of contents below.
Samsung Galaxy November 2022 Update
Starting October 26, Samsung is releasing the November 2022 Android security patches to Galaxy devices. So far, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 users have received the latest security patch with firmware updates, however, you can check the updated devices that are mentioned here.
Samsung’s November 2022 security patch will be available for a lot of Galaxy devices, however, the company will continue to distribute this software update until the next two months due to a staged rollout strategy and updates eligibility.
Aside from this, the Korean tech giant publishes the latest Security Patch Bulletin in the first week of each month. If you want to check the security patch contents, you can access them all on the official Samsung security website.
It’s important to mention that we will update this section with the latest month’s security patch as soon as any Samsung model starts receiving it. Meanwhile, you can check out all the security updates released by Samsung here.
These devices are eligible for new monthly, quarterly, or biannual software updates from Samsung:
Current Models for Monthly Security Updates
- Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Z Fold 4 , Galaxy Z Flip 4, W23, W23 Flip
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+,Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Note10 Lite, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro, Galaxy Xcover Pro, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Current Models for Quarterly Security Updates
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G
- Galaxy A40
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G, Galaxy A42 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03s, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A23 5G, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy A04, Galaxy A04s, Galaxy A04e
- Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M12, Galaxy M22, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G, Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M62, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M23 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy F12, Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F62, Galaxy F13
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3, Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, W21 5G, W22 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A50, Galaxy XCover4s
Current Models for Half Yearly Security Updates
- Galaxy A8s, Galaxy A9 (2018)
- Galaxy A10, Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A30,
- Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A01 Core, Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A01, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71
- Galaxy M10, Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M30, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51
- Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A with S pen, Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020), Galaxy Tab A7
- Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Tab S7+
- W20 5G
Current Wearable Models for Security Updates
- Galaxy Watch 4
- Galaxy Watch 4 Classic
- Galaxy Watch 5
- Galaxy Watch 5 Pro
Back in 2019, Samsung announced that all the Galaxy devices launched in/after 2019, will be having 4 years of regular security updates. However, the company has further expanded this support to five years for select models.
The Korean tech giant is bringing up to 4 years of major Android upgrades to all flagships launched in/after 2021, which means, security updates will be available for one more year after the completion of the major updates.
What’s new with Samsung Galaxy Android 13
Samsung introduced the Android 12-based One UI 4 software with no radical design and UI changes. However, Google did just the opposite as the Android 12 features the biggest user interface changes in history.
Similarly, Samsung is not bringing changes to the overall look of the One UI with the Android 13 upgrade for Galaxy devices. As speculated, the Stable version of the One UI doesn’t look like Google’s Android 13 OS.
The Public One UI 5 version, based on Android 13, brings more meaningful design upgrades, improvements to the existing features/functions, new add-ons, better 3rd party app performance, and a lot more.
Google revealed several new features of the Android 13 operating system, and all of them will surely reflect with the One UI 5 upgrade for the Galaxy devices, at the same time, we don’t have any info regarding One UI 5 features.
Will my Samsung Galaxy get Android 13?
Usually, every Samsung phone and tablet is eligible for at least two major Android upgrades, while mid-rangers and older flagships for three upgrades and the latest flagships and select mid-rangers for up to four OS upgrades.
Significantly, the South Korean tech giant has improved its software offerings for Galaxy consumers, which defeats Google itself. Well, Samsung officially disclosed which Galaxy devices will be getting four generations of Android upgrades that you can check below.
Samsung Four Android Upgrades List
- Galaxy S Series: Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra, Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy S21 FE and upcoming S series devices.
- Galaxy Z Series: Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3 and upcoming Z series devices.
- Galaxy A Series: Galaxy A53, Galaxy A73 and upcoming Z series devices.
- Galaxy Tablets: Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra and upcoming Tab S series devices.
In case you don’t find your Galaxy phone in the list mentioned above, no need to panic about that as there are a number of phones and tablets that will be surely getting the Android 13 upgrade.
Galaxy devices updated to Android 13
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Flip 3
- Galaxy S22, Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S20 Series
- Galaxy S21 FE, S20 FE
- Galaxy Note 20 Series and Note 10 Lite
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Galaxy Z Flip LTE/5G
- Galaxy A73, A53 and A33
- Galaxy A72, A52
- Galaxy A71
- Galaxy M52, M32
- Galaxy F62
- Galaxy Tab S8, Tab S7 Series
- Galaxy XCover 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Android 13 Release Date
Google released the official Android 13 operating system for Pixel smartphones on August 15, 2022, however, Samsung can’t beat the US tech giant when it comes to the fastest Android deployment.
Last year, Samsung managed to start distributing the stable One UI 4.0 update for general Galaxy S21 series users just a month after the official Android 12 rollout for Google’s Pixel devices.
This year, things were a lot better as the Korean phone maker amazed consumers with an even boosted Android 13-based One UI 5 update distribution for the flagship Galaxy devices.
Samsung officially announced the new One UI 5.0 at Samsung Developer Conference 2022, and the Galaxy S22 started to receive the major Android 13 upgrades on October 24, 2022.
Samsung Galaxy Android 13 Beta
On August 15, Google has begun the Stable Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update rollout for Pixel smartphones worldwide. In addition to Pixels, the new OS is available for several smartphones from different OEMs via Stable/Beta.
And unquestionably, Samsung is running its independent One UI Beta program to let Galaxy users grow the new Android operating system as well as apps and new features optimization.
The latest flagship devices will be eligible for the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta testing, while the company is also opening the Beta activity for mid-range Galaxy devices such as the Galaxy A52.
Samsung One UI Beta program is limited to seven markets including South Korea, the US, India, Germany, UK, Poland, and China. According to the info, Samsung will unveil the One UI 5.0 on October 12.
Starting October 24, Samsung begun providing Stable One UI 5.0 update to Galaxy S22.
On October 12, Samsung introduced the One UI 5.0 and confirmed it’s coming to Galaxy S22 this month.
On August 7, Samsung officially unveiled the One UI 5 Open Beta for the Galaxy S22 series smartphone users.
First published on – May 14…
[Official] Samsung will update these Galaxy devices to Android 13 One UI 5.0
One UI 5.0 officially debuted on October 12 while Samsung started the Stable update rollout on October 24. The new Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update will continue to be available for more eligible Galaxy devices in the coming and next few months.
At first, Samsung will release the Android 13 update for flagship Galaxy devices such as the Galaxy Z series, Galaxy S series, Galaxy Note series, and select Galaxy A series devices. While flagship Galaxy phones will likely start getting the One UI 5.0 update in November 2022, rollout for mid-rangers will begin in December.
Samsung One UI 5.0 update is packed with a number of new features and improvements for Galaxy devices. Features availability may vary by device and network carrier due to hardware limitations. You can check all new One UI 5 features and tips and tricks here, followed by eligible devices that are officially confirmed.
Note: The list is based on the One UI 5 roadmap for Europe.
Galaxy Z Series
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 – Rolling out
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy Z Flip 4 – Rolling out
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy Z Fold2 5G/LTE – Rolling out
- Galaxy Z Flip, Z Flip 5G – Rolling out
Galaxy S Series
- Galaxy S22 – Rolling out
- Galaxy S22+
- Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Galaxy S21 5G
- Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra – Rolling out
- Galaxy S20+
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20 FE – Rolling out
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Galaxy S10 Lite
Galaxy Note Series
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra – Rolling out
- Galaxy Note 20
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite – Rolling out
Galaxy Tab Series
- Galaxy Tab S8+, S8+ 5G
- Galaxy Tab S8, S8 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, S8 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Tab S7 – Rolling out
- Galaxy Tab S7+
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro 5G
- Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
- Galaxy Tab Active3
- Galaxy Tab A8
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
Galaxy A Series
- Galaxy A53 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy A33 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy A72 – Rolling out
- Galaxy A71 – Rolling out
- Galaxy A52 – Rolling out
- Galaxy A52 5G
- Galaxy A52s 5G
- Galaxy A51
- Galaxy A32 5G
- Galaxy A23 5G
- Galaxy A22, A22 5G
- Galaxy A13, A13 5G
- Galaxy A12
- Galaxy A04s
- Galaxy A03, A03s
Galaxy M Series
- Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy M52 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy M33 5G
- Galaxy M32
- Galaxy M23 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy M22
- Galaxy M13
- Galaxy M12
Galaxy XCover Series
- Galaxy XCover 6 Pro – Rolling out
- Galaxy XCover Pro
- Galaxy XCover 5
Samsung updated these Galaxy A series devices to Android 13/One UI 5.0
The Android 13-based One UI 5.0 software update is live for various Galaxy devices and Samsung is aiming to conclude the deployment by February 2023. Along with flagships like Galaxy Z, S, and Note, Samsung also updated Galaxy A series smartphones to the new Android 13 One UI 5.0 user interface.
So far, Samsung updated these Galaxy A phones to Android 13/One UI 5.0:
[Roadmap] Here’s when your Galaxy A series phone will get Android 13:
According to Samsung Germany, in December 2022, the Android 13 update will be released for the Galaxy A72, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A51, and Galaxy A32 5G smartphones.
In January 2023, the Galaxy A23 5G, Galaxy A22, A22 5G, Galaxy A13, A13 5G, and Galaxy A12 budget phones will have the new OS upgrade. Lastly, Galaxy A04s and Galaxy A03/A03s are scheduled for One UI 5.0 in February.
What’s new with Samsung’s Android 13 update:
Taking all the goodness of Android 13, Samsung created the One UI 5.0 software for Galaxy devices. It brings top-notch customization capabilities, competitive system animations, additional new features and a lot more.
Thanks to the Material You theming engine, Android 13-based One UI 5.0 is now capable of applying Dynamic Icons on stock Samsung apps, as well as supported Google and third-party applications.
When it comes to customization, you can now create your own lockscreen with various ways of customization, apply new wallpaper from the new dedicated section of wallpapers as well as call background for each contact.
Check more at One UI 5.0 features, tips and tricks
[U: Expanding] Samsung Galaxy A71 grabs Android 13 One UI 5.0 update
[Nov. 26] Update – Expanding in Europe…
[Nov. 21] Initial story…
Samsung is just killing it with massive Android 13 update distribution across all segments of Galaxy devices. After Fan Editions and Lite version of Note 10 series, Samsung pushed the Stable Android 13 One UI 5.0 update for the Galaxy A71 smartphone.
If you have Samsung Galaxy A71 smartphone in Poland (right now!), just head towards Settings and download the latest Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update, which carries PDA version number A715FXXU8DVK1. In addition, the update package includes a newer Android security patch for security advancements.
Android 13 is the last operating system upgrade for this 2020 mid-range smartphone, the same goes for its younger brother Galaxy A51. Both the Galaxy A71 and A51 are eligible for three major OS updates and four years of regular security patches.
In January next year, the devices will have their “third anniversary” and Samsung has already delivered the biggest gift in the form of Android 13 One UI 5.0. This major switch provides a whole new experience to the users of millions of Galaxy devices, worldwide.
How to update
Samsung consumers can check new software updates manually with a handful of simple steps. Firstly, visit your Galaxy device’s “System Settings,” once done, scroll down and tap the “Software update” tab, followed by the “Download and install” button.
What’s new with Samsung’s Android 13 update
The One UI 5.0 update brings minor yet significant tweaks in various parts of the user interface such as the notification panel, control center, transparency, and system app icons. However, the One UI 5’s advantage can be doubled by using the brand-new Good Lock suite.
Customers can copy text content from images available in the Gallery and Camera viewfinder itself, thanks to One UI 5’s text extraction feature. And of course, there are a lot of new ways for users who love customizing their smartphone and the user interface. Check all here | One UI 5.0 Features