Samsung finally debuted its September 2022 security update for the Galaxy devices on the 6th of this month. The new patch’s rollout has begun in Germany, and the Galaxy S21 series became the initial receiver. The update will expand to more models, and here you can get all the latest insights.
Various Samsung devices are eligible to get the latest September 2022 security patch through OTA update. Notably, all the recent flagship phones from Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Z and select Galaxy A series phones will surely get the September 2022 update this month.
Samsung’s September 2022 security update for Galaxy devices comes with 21 high levels, and 3 moderate levels of CVEs. At the same time, there is no critical level of CVE mentioned on the list by the company, while, 2 CVEs are already fixed with previous updates and 4 aren’t applicable.
Samsung September 2022 Security Update Tracker
Oct. 01 – Galaxy S10, A52s
Verizon releases Samsung Galaxy S10 September 2022 security update with performance enhancement
Samsung Galaxy A52s grabbing September 2022 security update in India, Korea
Sep. 30 – Galaxy Z Flip 4, Fold 4
Samsung serves September 2022 security update to Galaxy Z Flip 4 in the US
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 September 2022 security update released in India
Sep. 29 – Galaxy A53, Note 20, A71
Samsung upgrades various One UI apps with Galaxy A53 September 2022 patch in India
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 20 received September 2022 security update by Verizon
Samsung delivers September 2022 security improvement update to Galaxy A71
Sep. 28 – Galaxy S22, A32, S10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy S22 September 2022 Security Patch Now Available in India
Samsung releases September 2022 performance improvement update for Galaxy A32
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite September 2022 security update reaches India
Sep. 27 – Galaxy Z Fold 4
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 smartphone users have started installing the September 2022 Android security patch update.
Sep. 27 – Galaxy S10 Lite
Samsung has now pushed the September 2022 security update for the Galaxy S10 Lite smartphone users in Brazil.
Sep. 27 – Galaxy Z Fold 3
Samsung is expanding the Galaxy Z Fold 3 September 2022 Android security patch update in the US for unlocked variants.
Sep. 25 – Galaxy A72
Samsung Galaxy A72 smartphone users have started installing the September 2022 Android security patch alongside the latest software update.
Sep. 23 – Galaxy A13
Samsung begins pushing the September 2022 security patch to the Galaxy A13 smartphone users in Brazil with version number – A135MUBS2AVI1.
Sep. 21 – Galaxy Z Flip
The first generation Galaxy Z Flip is getting the latest Android security patch released in September 2022 with a new firmware update in the United States. You can identify the new build via version number – F700U1TBU5GVHA.
Sep. 21 – Galaxy M12
Samsung now pushed the September 2022 security update for the budget Galaxy M12 smartphone in Latin America with version number M127FXXS3BVI1.
Sep. 20 – Galaxy S10
Samsung Galaxy S10 series getting the September 2022 security patch. The firmware versions of the latest update are G970FXXSGVI1, G973FXXSGVI1 and G975FXXSGVI1 for the Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus, respectively.
Sep. 16 – Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
The Galaxy Tab S6 Lite started getting the September 2022 Android security update in France, which can be identified via PDA version number – P615XXU4EVI1.
Sep. 15 – Galaxy Note 10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphone users have started getting the latest September 2022 security patch with a new software update in France.
Sep. 15 – Galaxy S20 Series
After several devices including Galaxy S22, Galaxy S21, Galaxy A33, Galaxy A52, and Galaxy S21 FE, Samsung is releasing the latest September 2022 security patch for Galaxy S20 series devices via a new update.
Sep. 14 – Galaxy Z Flip, Flip 5G, A33 and A52
The first generation clamshell foldable smartphone, Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G getting the latest Android security patches released in September 2022.
Samsung is now rolling out the September 2022 security update for mid-range smartphones as well. Recently, the Galaxy A33 and Galaxy A52 received the September 2022 patch that can be identified via PDA build versions: A336EDXU4AVH9 and A525FXXS4BVI2, respectively.
Sep. 14 – Galaxy Z Flip 3, Fold 3
Verizon branded Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 devices started getting the September 2022 security update in the US.
- Galaxy Z Fold 3: SP2A.220305.013.F926USQS2DVHE
- Galaxy Z Flip 3: SP2A.220305.013.F711USQS3DVHD
- The current software update provides the most up-to-date Android security patches on your device.
Sep. 13 – Galaxy S22 – Expanding
Samsung has again started the September 2022 Android security patch rollout for the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus and Galaxy S22 Ultra phones in various regions and markets that are as follows:
- AVHL – Unlocked: AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Comcast, and Xfinity Mobile.
- AVHD: Afghanistan, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Kenya, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tunisia, Turkey, and the UAE.
Sep. 13 – Galaxy S10 Lite
Samsung’s September 2022 security update is now making its way to yet another Galaxy device – the Galaxy S10 Lite with version number G770FXXU6GVH6.
Sep. 13 – Galaxy S21 FE
The Brazillian consumers of the Galaxy S21 FE are now eligible to upgrade their device to the latest Android September 2022 security patch, which bears build version – G990EXXU3CVH7
Sep. 13 – Galaxy A53
- A536USQU3AVH1 (carrier-locked)
- A536U1UES4AVH4 (carrier unlocked)
Sep. 11 – Galaxy S22 – Pulled
Samsung reportedly pulled the September 2022 security patch update for the Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S22 Plus devices in Europe.
Sep. 8 – Galaxy S22
Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphone users who have not participated in Android 13/One UI 5.0 Beta program started getting September 2022 security update in Germany.
— Samsung One UI Updates (@SamsonUpdate) September 8, 2022
Sep. 7 – Galaxy A52s
Sep. 7 – Galaxy S20 FE, Note 20
The Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra users have also started getting the September 2022 security update.
Sep. 6 – Galaxy S21
Samsung released the latest September 2022 security patch for the Galaxy S21 series devices in Germany.
Samsung serves December 2022 security update to Galaxy S20 in Europe
Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra phones have started installing the December 2022 Android security patch update in Europe. This update improves the device’s performance and fixes some unwanted issues and errors.
The company recently released its December 2022 patch details, which mention fixes for dozens of privacy and security-related issues and vulnerabilities. These include five critical, sixty high, and two moderate levels of CVEs along with thirteen SVEs from Google and Samsung.
Aside from these, the update commonly improves the system security to maintain your files and data protected on your phone and keep them away from viruses. Additionally, the optimized stability ensures an uninterrupted performance without any crashes or lagging.
Furthermore, the Galaxy S20 smartphones have recently grabbed the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update, which installed plenty of new features and improvements to the devices. However, if you are facing any issues after bringing Android 13 to your phone, you should install the latest security patch as it might have resolved some of those errors.
Moreover, Samsung is releasing the Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra December 2022 update with One UI build version ending with GVK7. Presently, it’s available in European countries including Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Southeast Europe, Spain, Switzerland, the Baltic region, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, and the UK.
If you are using Galaxy S20 in any of these countries, you can now bring the Dec 22 patch on your phone through its Settings. From here, go to Software update >> Download and install. Follow a couple of on-screen instructions and it’s done.
These Samsung Galaxy devices start getting December 2022 security update
Samsung finally introduced December 2022 security update for Galaxy devices starting with Galaxy Z Fold 4. The latest patch’s rollout started in the US and will expand to more models in different regions soon.
Through the December 2022 security patch, the company aims to improve the Galaxy experience and provide a bug-free service. The new patch brings fixes to some issues that users were facing in the last update, as well as improves the security and stability of the device.
According to the December 2022 security patch details, the latest update brings fixes for five critical CVEs, sixty high levels of CVEs, and two moderate for Samsung phones and tablets.
Aside from the security patch, Samsung is regularly working to provide the Android 13-based One UI 5 update to all its eligible Galaxy devices at the earliest. However, users of many flagship, mid-range, and low-budget smartphones have already received this major update and are enjoying its features.
Like every month, the Korean tech giant is all set to release security patches, system improvements, new features, fixes, and OS upgrades to its smartphones. Below you can check the latest insights of all One UI-based December 2022 updates.
Samsung December 2022 Update News
December 05 | Like last month, Samsung kicked off the December 2022 security patch firstly to Galaxy Z Fold 4 smartphone in the US.
Samsung One UI December 2022 Devices – Monthly and Quarterly [List]
Samsung December 2022 security patch details are now officially out and the company has also revised the list of monthly and quarterly updates for Galaxy devices. Like every month, this month too some devices have started their update cycles, some have ended and some have been upgraded.
The latest December 2022 security patch for Galaxy devices comes with fixes for 5 critical CVEs, 60 high levels of CVEs, and 2 moderate to make them more secure. However, 3 Android CVEs aren’t applicable on Galaxy devices.
Samsung December 2022 Update Plan
According to the Scope page, Samsung’s December 2022 plan provides Monthly Security Updates for 38 Galaxy devices and Quarterly Security Updates for 67 Galaxy devices. Aside from Monthly and Quarterly, the company is also committed to supporting 49 devices with Biannual Security Updates.
- Samsung shifted the Galaxy Xcover FiledPro smartphone to Quarterly updates.
- Samsung Galaxy M42 5G smartphone has been removed from the Quarterly Updates plan and entered into Biannual security updates.
- Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) smartphone has completed its update cycle after getting two new updates on a Biannual basis.
Let’s see the updated Monthly, Quarterly, and Biannual updates plan for December 2022 for Samsung devices.
Samsung Monthly Updates Devices
- Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G,Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip 4, W23, W23 Flip
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+,Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Note10 Lite, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy Xcover Pro, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Samsung Quarterly Updates Devices
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G
- Galaxy A40
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03s, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A23 5G, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy A04, Galaxy A04s, Galaxy A04e
- Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M12, Galaxy M22, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G, Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M62, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M23 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy F12, Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F62, Galaxy F13
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3, Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, W21 5G, W22 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A50, Galaxy XCover4s, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro
Samsung Biannual Updates Devices
- Galaxy A8s
- Galaxy A10, Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s,
- Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A01, Galaxy A01 Core, Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71, and Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A42 5G
- Galaxy M10, Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M30, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51
- Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A with S pen, Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020), Galaxy Tab A7
- Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Tab S7+ 5
- W20 5G
Wearables Eligible for Security Updates
- Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic
- Galaxy Watch5, Galaxy Watch5 Pro