Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 are two of the eligible devices that will get a chance to run the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 Beta update. While there is no information on when the beta builds will go live for these devices, Samsung has reportedly begun Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 One UI 5.0 Beta testing.
Recently, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 One UI 5.0 test builds have appeared in the South Korean Community. It’s worth mentioning that these are not the beta update of the device but these builds suggets that the company is internally testing the beta firmware and will release them publically soon.
According to the information, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 One UI 5.0 beta test builds carries the firmware version F936NKSU1ZVID while the Galaxy Z Flip 4 customers can identify it through version number F721NKSU1ZVID.
Besides these, the information does not reveal anything. It could be possible that Samsung will start the Android 13 One UI 5.0 beta program for the new foldable smartphones next week.
One UI 5.0:
On August 5, Samsung first opened the One UI 5.0 Beta program for Galaxy S22 smartphones and later expanded it to Galaxy S21 series in select 7 countries. The beta program is running slowly and the third beta release was delayed beyond our expectations.
On the flip side, other Galaxy smartphones like S20, Note 20, Z Fold 3, and Z Flip 3 are also in the queue to grab the One UI 5.0 beta update before the stable release that will happen on October 12.
Galaxy Z Fold 4, Flip 4:
Samsung launched the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 smartphones on August 10. The new devices come with Android 12L/12-based One UI 4.1.1 software that brings a slew of new features for large screens and the cover display.
Download Samsung Android 13-based One UI 5.0 Beta builds
Samsung has started the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta testing for the flagship Galaxy devices, starting August 2022. The Beta activity opens a way for Galaxy consumers so they can get and experience the new OS and One UI version ahead of its Stable release.
The company has officially confirmed that the One UI 5 Beta program will be available in 7 countries including China, Germany, India, Poland, South Korea, the US and the UK. This way, Galaxy smartphone users from ineligible countries can’t get the Beta firmware, officially, but can unofficially.
You can download the One UI 5 Beta builds, mentioned below. However, always keep in mind that Sammy Fans never recommend flashing ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing ROMs manually. Proceed at your own RISK!
Snapdragon Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra OTA update zip files
- (SM-G901E) [NA]
- (SM-G901U) [NA]
- Beta 1 [AVG6->ZVH4]
- Beta 3 [AVHL->ZVI9]
- Beta 3 [ZVHK->ZVI9]
- (SM-G906N) [NA]
Galaxy S22 Ultra
- 3. (SM-G908U1)
- 4. (SM-G908N)
Galaxy S21 Series
Galaxy S21 [SM-G991B/Exynos]
- [CVH7 to ZVHG] Beta 1: Get Build [UK]
Galaxy S22+ [SM-G996B/Exynos]
- [CVH7 to ZVHG] Beta 1: Get Build [N/A]
Galaxy S22 Ultra [SM-G998B/Exynos]
- [CVH7 to ZVHG] Beta 1: Get Build [UK]
Install via recovery: ADB Method
- First of all, you need the latest version of ADB installed [Find here]
- Now, rename the downloaded .bin package to update.zip
- Reboot your phone to recovery mode [Learn how]
- Once entered, scroll down using the volume buttons and select an entry using the Power button
- Tap apply update from ADB and connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable
- In the Command Prompt or Terminal window, run the following command:
- adb devices
- Wait to see that the daemon has started and that your device is found. Then run the following command:
- adb sideload PATH_TO_update.zip
- The update process will start and you should see a percentage counting. Once the process is completed, the phone will reboot itself.
Install via recovery: SD Card Method
- Firstly, rename the downloaded .bin package to update.zip and copy it to the root directory of your SD card.
- Reboot to the recovery mode, navigate to the option apply update from external storage, and press the Power button to select it.
- Now select the file named update.zip
- The update will start
- Leave it till it completes as the process takes some time, later, the phone will reboot by itself and load the updated firmware.
Installation methods credits: XDA-Developers
I can’t change the Wallpaper after installing One UI 5.0 Beta 3, it’s crashing [Fixed]
Samsung recently released the One UI 5.0 beta 4 update for Galaxy S22 series smartphones in different regions. This new beta update fixed the Wallpaper crashing issue that users were facing in One UI 5.0 beta 3. Now, you can easily apply Wallpaper on your smartphone’s home screen and lock screen.
Along with this, the company has come up with a new Wallpapers section featuring device-specific wallpapers in the Featured tab, Gallery, Graphical, Colors, etc. That’s not enough because this beta update has brought some new issues along with issue fixes.
After installing the One UI 5 Beta 3 update on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, it has been noted that the Wallpaper app is not working properly. You are not able to set any wallpaper after this update because the app is crashing.
When you open in Wallpaper and Style section, you can see that all options including preview, color palette, and Dark mode are working properly but only after opening the “Browse my wallpaper” option the app is crashing. If it doesn’t crash after opening the section, it will crash when selecting any wallpaper from Featured, Gallery, Colors, Graphical, and more.
Samsung’s One UI 5.0 Beta 3 brings many new wallpapers but you are not able to set them on the home or lock screen of your smartphone. As of now, this issue has been found in the Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphones, there is a possibility that the Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S22 Plus smartphones may also have this issue as they have also received the One UI 5 beta 3 update.
It is for sure that this Wallpaper crashing issue has come in Samsung Galaxy S22 only after the release of the One UI 5.0 Beta 3 update. Recently Samsung released a new update for the Wallpaper and style app with version 2.1.18. The version working on Galaxy S22 Ultra is the same and maybe, the issue has been coming since this version.
The expectation is that Samsung will soon fix the One UI 5 Wallpaper crashing issue by releasing the next beta update or can fix it by bringing an update to the wallpaper and style. However, there is no official information yet.
If you are also facing this issue in your Galaxy S22 series smartphone, then we can tell us through social media.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Android 13 One UI 5.0 Update | Latest Developments – Beta 4
Back in February 2022, the Galaxy S22 series devices debuted with the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 iteration. All the Samsung Galaxy S22 phones are first in line to get the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update on both Beta and Stable channels.
The 2022 Galaxy S flagship models come with support for 4 generations of Android OS upgrades. Starting with Android 13, the South Korean phone maker has promised Galaxy S22 consumers to deliver major upgrades up to Android 16, alongside 5 years of regular security patches.
Well, talking about the first OS upgrade, the Galaxy S22 phones will be getting the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 Stable update later this year, while the Beta program is currently LIVE. Google introduced the Android 13 OS on the Stable channel in mid-August.
Galaxy S22 Android 13 Beta Status
Samsung started the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta activity for the Galaxy S22 line sometime in early August. The program should be available in 7 countries like last year, letting consumers experience the new OS and features months ahead of its Public release.
- On October 6, Samsung released fourth One UI 5.0 Beta to the Galaxy S22 in the US, South Korea and India.
- On September 22, Samsung expanded the One UI 5.0 beta 3 for Galaxy S22 series in India and China.
- On September 21, One UI 5.0 Beta 3 live for Galaxy S22 devices in Germany.
- On August 25, Samsung expanded Beta 2 in the US, South Korea, Germany, India, Poland and UK.
- On August 21, tipster IceUniverse leaked One UI 5.0 Beta 2’s Gallery icon, which is revamped.
- On August 6, Samsung officially started Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta testing for the Galaxy S22 series in Germany, South Korea and the US. Read more
Galaxy S22 Android 13 Release Date
As Samsung started the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program in early August, we can expect the Public rollout within two or three months, by October. While the initial rollout is likely to begin from the Korean market, the OEM will gradually expand its reach to the US and Europe.
- Release Date – October 12, 2022 [At SDC22]
October 6, 2022
Samsung released the fourth One UI 5.0 Beta firmware for the Galaxy S22 series smartphones in the United States, South Korea and India. It comes with plenty of bug fixes and improvements for a better user experience, to be noted, it removes the multi-user feature.
Bugs that have been fixed
- Improved that Favorites and Recent items can be added and removed in Gallery album
- Fixed the issue executed sleep mode automatically – Fixed the issue occurred vibration sound/beep sound continuously
- Fixed crash when entering App folder -Fixed crash when changing Wallpapers
- Fixed crash in S pen Air Command – Fixed the problem for Object eraser not working
- Fixed vibration feedback not working in Home gesture -Fixed the frame breaking issue when entering from Widget to Home
- Deleted Multi-user function -Other minor bug fixes
- When the phone screen is off while DeX is running, a black screen is displayed on the monitor
- After receiving the file with QuickShare, if you try to open it in the receiving pop-up, “Unable to open file’ pop-up occurs (The file is received normally)
- Forced Close occurs when the filter is selected from the lock screen menu, during Wallpaper image multi-pack setting
September 22, 2022
Samsung is expanding the One UI 5.0 Beta 3 update for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra users in India and China. This beta update brings fixes for several issues that were found in the last beta update.
September 21, 2022
Samsung started releasing the third One UI 5.0 Beta update for the Galaxy S22 series devices in Germany. It comes with various revisions and improvements for better user experience and enhanced system animations.
Note: Changelog is machine translated.
- Add Gallery widget to home screen
- Bugs that have been fixed:
- Experience new slideshow-style immersive stories in Gallery
- Improvement introduced so that lock screen wallpaper can be changed instantly by long press on lock screen
- Improved UX the Album tab at the bottom of the Gallery app – By default, ” Device maintenance > Automatic optimization > Automatic restart on demand ” is off by default
- Improved optimization function for each terminal mode and shifting the menu position ( Settings > Useful functions > Bixby Routine > Mode → Settings > Mode )
- Improved the animation to return to the home screen when disconnected
September 17, 2022
A tipster claimed that the third One UI 5.0 Beta update has been delayed for the Galaxy S22 series devices as Samsung is working on the issues and trying to bring stability to the firmware
September 13, 2022
A few days back, tipster IceUniverse claimed that the third One UI 5.0 Beta update features improved animations compared to the 2nd Beta, however, perfection is still away. At the same time, the source revealed that the 3rd Beta update for the Galaxy S22 series will release this week.
September 11, 2022
Samsung officially confirmed the SDC 2022 event for October 12, where, it will unveil new software advancements for the Galaxy ecosystem. At the same time, the South Korean tech giant will introduce the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 software.
August 26, 2022
The Galaxy S22 series users received the second One UI 5.0 Beta update in the US, South Korea and Germany. In addition, the company has opened the Beta program in India, Poland and the US, alongside releasing the second Beta stuff with the initial build.
August 21, 2022
A tipster shared a screenshot showing the One UI 5.0 Beta 2’s Gallery app icon, which now has an upgraded design compared to the One UI 4.1. Check here
August 20, 2022
- The first One UI 5.0 Beta build reportedly has various bugs and issues, and Beta participants are now waiting for the second Beta update.
- A user asked Samsung about the release date of the second One UI 5.0 Beta update.
- The company’s community moderator has replied to consumer’s query but denied giving a specific release date for Beta 2
August 06, 2022
After Germany and South Korea, Samsung officially opened the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program for Galaxy S22 series in the US.
August 05, 2022
After Germany, Samsung officially started the One UI 5.0 Beta Program for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, and Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphones in Korea.
August 5, 2022
Samsung has begun the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program alongside the rollout of the first Beta for the Galaxy S22 series devices in Germany.
August 02, 2022
One UI 5 Beta testing program goes live for the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus and Galaxy S22 Ultra consumers in South Korea. Shortly after the participation, Samsung will release the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta update to the eligible devices.
July 09, 2022
Well-known tipster Max Weinbach shared a screenshot of the “about phone” window of his Galaxy S22 Plus, which shows the smartphone is running the unreleased Android 13-based One UI 5.0 software system as well as June 2022 security patch.
— Samsung One UI Updates (@SamsonUpdate) July 9, 2022
July 09, 2022
Samsung is likely to start the Android 13 Beta program for Galaxy devices in the third week, while we just got our first look at One UI 5 Beta design and UI changes, credits 9to5Google.
July 05, 2022
Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta version is available for Samsung employees internally. Possibly, the initial build is made for the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphones, which will be available to Public shortly. Read more
July 02, 2022
According to the tipster, the One UI 5.0 variant has “no changes in UI (user interface) design, icons, etc”, however, Samsung has slightly improved the animation, as reported earlier. Read more
June 28, 2022
According to a recent report (via SamMobile), Samsung is going to launch the One UI 5 Beta based on Android 13 in the third week of July this year. The Galaxy S22 series phones are likely initially candidates for the upcoming One UI Beta program. Read more
June 22, 2022
Samsung could soon start the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program for the Galaxy S22 series devices as test firmware has been spotted for the Galaxy S22 Plus variant running Korean ROM. For your information, the version of the test firmware is S906NKSU2ZVF6.
June 15, 2022
Last week, Samsung released a new update to the Good Lock’s One Hand Operation + module, adding support for the One UI 4.1.1 version. At the same time, the changelog revealed that the upcoming One UI 4.1.1 iteration will be based on the Android 12L operating system.
May 29, 2022
Android 13 beta 2.1 update is available for Google Pixel users who have already participated in one of the previous betas programs. This new patch update of Android 13 brings fixes for problems that appeared in the previous release.
- Fixed an issue where typing in the search bar resulted in a blank list of suggestions.
- Fixed an issue where devices would crash and restart when turning on the hotspot.
- Fixed an issue where a continuous call dialing sound could be heard in the background during a phone call.
- Fixed an issue where devices would crash and restart after disconnecting from Android Auto.
As confirmed by the Samsung community moderator, the Galaxy S22 May 2022 update that bears firmware version ending VE4 includes major fixes for two issues that were recently announced as an easy fix, as well as increases the security patch level. Read more
Several users are facing multiple types of issues while using the Camera on their Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, or Galaxy S22 Ultra in which the most common issue is Camera shutter lag. Read more: Samsung’s way to fix Galaxy S22 Camera shutter lag
We’ve recently checked the Beta Operations Manager’s activity webpage, which has had no changes since January this year. We will continue to provide the latest insights regarding the Android 13 and One UI 5.0 update development for your Samsung devices.
Samsung has started releasing the May 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S22 series smartphone users starting April 25. As of now, the update is available in various Asian countries, while today reached the T-Mobile variants in the United States. Read more
In February 2022, Google released the Android 13 Developer Preview for eligible Pixel devices, however, the stable version may likely debut in October this year. However, the US tech giant will share more details about the new OS at its annual conference AKA Google I/O 2022.