In late July 2022, Samsung started informing some U.S. customers that they had encountered a security data breach via mail. The breach happened when an unauthorized third party obtained information from certain Samsung US systems. Now, the company is sharing information about that incident through its dedicated webpage.
The company investigated and declared results on August 4, that the personal information of certain customers was affected, and several actions have been taken to secure the affected systems.
Notably, this issue does not affect social security numbers or credit and debit card numbers, but it may include name, contact and demographic information, date of birth and product registration, etc. However, the information may be different for each relevant customer.
So, after the July 2022 data breach, we recommend Samsung customers keep an eye on their email inboxes. If you living in the US and wants to review your credit report under the law, you are entitled to a free credit report each year from the three major national credit reporting agencies.
Samsung will further enhance the security of systems and customers’ personal information and strive to maintain customer trust in the Samsung brand for more than 40 years by partnering with industry-leading experts.
Samsung One UI October 2023 Devices – Monthly and Quarterly [List]
Samsung has revealed the October 2023 security patch details for Galaxy devices on its scope page. In addition, the company has modified the list of devices eligible for monthly and quarterly security updates, considering the new release, the life cycle completion, and the major update availability of the devices.
The official information states that Samsung’s October 2023 security plan includes 40 Galaxy devices for Monthly Security Updates, 55 devices for Quarterly Security Updates, and 47 devices for Biannual Security Updates.
The October 2023 security patch for Galaxy devices fixes 2 critical CVEs and 32 high-level CVEs to improve their security. In addition, it resolves 12 SVEs to enhance user experience.
The updated Monthly and Quarterly Plan for October 2023 for Samsung devices is as follows.
Samsung Monthly Updates Devices
- Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Z Fold4, Galaxy Z Flip4, Galaxy Z Fold5, Galaxy Z Flip5, W23, W23 flip, W24, W24 Flip
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra, Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy A54 5G, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Samsung Quarterly Updates Devices
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Fold2, W22 5G
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy Note10 Lite
- Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A23 5G, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy A04, Galaxy A04s, Galaxy A04e, Galaxy A14, Galaxy A14 5G, Galaxy A24, Galaxy A34 5G
- Galaxy M22, Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M13 5G, Galaxy M23 5G,
- Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G, Galaxy M04, Galaxy M14 5G, Galaxy M34 5G, Galaxy M54 5G
- Galaxy F13, Galaxy F04, Galaxy F14 5G, Galaxy F34 5G, Galaxy F54 5G
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra, Galaxy Tab S9 Plus, Galaxy Tab S9
- Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3, Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy Xcover Pro
Samsung Biannual Updates Devices
- Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A70s
- Galaxy A01, Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A42 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
- Galaxy A03s
- Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M31, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51
- Galaxy M12, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G, Galaxy M62
- Galaxy F12, Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F62
- Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Tab S7+, Galaxy Tab S7 FE
- Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020), Galaxy Tab A7, Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- W20 5G, W21 5G
Wearables Eligible for Security Updates
- Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic
- Galaxy Watch5, Galaxy Watch5 Pro
- Galaxy Watch6, Galaxy Watch6 Classic
Samsung debuts $99 Galaxy Buds FE with powerful bass, ANC and more
Samsung today introduced its new Fan Edition products portfolio. The new Galaxy Buds FE comes with pro-grade capabilities found in premium Samsung earbuds for just $99. The new Buds FE brings Samsung’s industry-leading sound experience to more users.
The powerful bass of Samsung Galaxy Buds FE offers deep and rich sound, which allows you to enjoy music the way the artist intended. In addition, the powerful Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and Ambient Sound enable you to hear more of what you love and less of what you don’t.
Apart from these features, the automatic personalized beamforming of the advanced three-microphone system, along with an AI-powered Deep Neutral Network (DNN), separates your voice from unwanted background noise for clearer calls.
Samsung says the Galaxy Buds FE provides up to 8.5 hours of playback with earbuds, and total up to 30 hours including the charging case. Besides, users can get up to 6 hours of playback with earbuds even when ANC is enabled and total up to 21 hours including the case.
Inspired by the iconic and ergonomic design of Samsung’s Buds lineup, the Galaxy Buds FE are engineered to be comfortable enough to wear for a long time, and enable a more customized fit with three different sizes of ear tips and two different sizes for wingtips.
Galaxy Buds FE are available for $99 in two distinct, modern colors: Graphite and White.
Samsung Galaxy S23 FE won’t miss new features until Android 17!
Today, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S23 FE, with sales starting from tomorrow. Continuing its stunning support, Samsung pledged 4 generations of Android OS updates and 5 years of security patches to the newly released Galaxy S23 FE.
The new Galaxy S23 FE comes with Android 13-based One UI 5.1 out of the box. Starting Android 14, Samsung will deliver major Android updates up to Android 17 to the Galaxy S23 FE consumers. In addition, the device will receive regular security patches until October 2029.
The South Korean tech giant notes in its press release that the new device is designed to last with four generations of OS upgrades and five years of security updates. Users can further enhance longevity by opting for Samsung Care+, a support service for accidental damages, repairs, and more.
No shortage of features
Major Android upgrades arrive once a year, while Samsung gives up to three major upgrades to Galaxy devices every year. Yes, it’s true, three One UI updates arrive on tablets and foldable phones, while regular Galaxy smartphones get two One UI versions every year – x.0 and x.1.
With x.0 version, the company serves a new operating system to the device. This kind of release bring design changes, user interface tweaks and security and privacy features. On the other hand, the x.1 version come with new tools, user friendly features and productivity enhancements.