While traveling, you should take advantage of many of the resources provided by Google Maps. These Google Maps tips and tricks will help you make your travel plans simpler if you plan to schedule a vacation soon.
Book restaurant from Google Maps
Having a night out for dinner with a big party can be difficult, especially if you go during a busy time. You can make a reservation for dinner or lunch using Google Maps. How? Read on.
- To view a list of restaurants, hit the Restaurants option in Maps at the top of the map.
- Pick a restaurant that seems decent, and if it has the option, book a table or sign up for a waitlist in the window that appears.
Keep in mind that even if a restaurant isn’t open for dine-in, it can still provide delivery, curbside pickup, or outdoor sitting.
Use Google Maps offline
Are you traveling to a rural area where a mobile network connection might not be available? When you’re offline, Google Maps can still provide instructions for you.
- Look up the address where you need directions in Maps before you go.
- Open the menu at the bottom of the location’s window.
- Select Download from the tabs on the right, then select it once more in the following box. Your phone will receive a map of the location you chose from Maps.
Now, when you use Google Maps to get directions in the area for which you downloaded a map, it will change to the offline map to lead you if your cellular connection has been lost. Keep in mind that since you’re offline, Maps cannot provide real-time traffic information.
Find a gas station or EV charging point
Google Maps can help you locate EV charging stations along your journey and provide you with an anticipated wait time for a charging port whether you’re driving your electric vehicle for errands like shopping, dining, or on vacation.
To view only the stations that work with your EV, you may also filter your search by connector types, such as J1772, CCS, and Tesla. Notably, you may use the same methods to look for petrol stations.
- In Maps, select More by navigating through the tabs at the top of the screen
- Select Electric car charging in the Services section by scrolling down
- Nearby charging stations and their availability are shown on maps
- To have Maps add a charging station as a stop on your travel, tap it on the map.
This method can also be used to look for other locations along your path, such as a coffee shop.
Share your location
Is there anything more annoying during a group activity than when everyone gets separated and can’t be found? You could all reunite using Google Maps.
- In Google Maps, select Location sharing by tapping your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select whom you wish to share your location with and how long you want to share it by tapping Share location.
- Select Share, and Google Maps will notify others you’ve chosen of your location.
- Hit the icon for the person whose location you wish to see at the top of the display, then tap Request.
Google September 2022 System Update enhances Play Store and Account Management
The new month has started today and Google has released the September 2022 details of the Google Play System Update without delay. It updates system management services that improve security and stability.
Google Play System September 2022 update enhances the functionality of Play Store and Account Management by bringing new features and improvements. Through this update, the search engine aims to make Android devices more secure and reliable so that users can enjoy the new features.
According to the support page details, September 2022 update allows users to hide recommended apps during the onboarding flow of Google Kids Space as well as the brings ability to install Kids Space on a secondary user of the tablet during device setup. For better account management, it improves account sync and account recovery.
If we talk about Google Play Store, then the changes and features that came in the last month are also mentioned in the changelog of this month’s update, there is no change in it at all.
These improvements and changes are available through Google Play Service v35.22 and Google Play Store 31.1. Below you can check the full changelog for more information.
- [Phone] Allows users to hide recommended apps during the Google Kids Space onboarding flow.
- [Auto, Phone, TV, Wear] Improvements to account syncing and account recovery.
- [Phone] Ability to install Google Kids Space on a tablet’s secondary user during device setup.
Google Play Store
- Improvements to Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
3 Hidden Google Maps Features
All android device users can use the Google Maps app, as it offers a ton of secret capabilities. Depending on the situation, these features can be helpful in a variety of ways. Google Maps is typically only used for navigational purposes, such as determining distances and locations. However, Google Maps has a lot of features that let you go above and beyond what is possible with it. We’ll go through several important Google Maps features in this tutorial.
A large arrow is displayed on the screen as a result of the feature’s use of your camera to scan the nearby buildings and pinpoint the precise spot you need to be in. Follow the below steps to use it:
1. Put your destination in the Google Maps app and select Directions.
2. Choose the Walking symbol from the map screen’s top menu.
3. Tap the Live View button at the bottom of the display. The Start button is right next to it.
4. Aim your camera at the street’s structures. You will get Large arrows and the street name on your screen to direct you as you begin to walk in the direction of your goal.
Incognito mode helps us to be in private while being online. In the same way, Google Maps has this feature that lets you search locations secretly without leaving any clue. While using this feature, your location also will not get revealed to others.
To use this feature just open the Google Maps app, and select Turn on Incognito Mode by tapping your profile symbol in the top right corner. Select Turn on Incognito Mode after going through the identical steps to enable the setting.
Know when friends arrive or leave the location
When a friend or relative arrives at or departs from a specific location, a new feature Google adds to its Maps app notifies you. For instance, if you’re waiting for a friend to meet you at a performance, you can ask to be notified when they get there.
The person whose location you want to access in order to get notifications from them must first grant you access; they will be notified when you send the request and may choose to decline it.
To start, select your profile icon and press Location Sharing. The person whose location notifications you want to request can be chosen from the list. To add a contact’s address so you can get updates from them, hit Enter after that. The next step is to select a target place, and the arrival or departure time, and then touch Save.
Messaging Tools: Samsung Messages vs Google Messages
Owning a Samsung device may have drawn your attention to the fact that Samsung Messages or Google Messages were pre-installed on it. As part of a growing collaboration with Google, Samsung is bringing the Messages app created by Google is more and more Galaxy phones.
- Let’s determine which app is the best based on its messaging tools.
Both apps support sending emojis, stickers, and GIFs in addition to photographs, videos, audio files, and voice recordings. However, for some reason, Samsung Messages requires you to send stickers using Samsung Keyboard rather than Gboard. On both apps, you can schedule messages, add subject lines, share your location and contacts, and store draughts.
Messages apps from Google and Samsung make it difficult to send films since their quality has been slashed to absurdly low levels, often to the point where the information is rendered incomprehensible. For sending videos, you’re therefore better off utilizing WhatsApp, Discord, or any other third-party messaging platform.
Only Google Messages supports the sending of documents but it is limited to 307kb and the designation of messages as urgent. However, with Samsung Messages, you may share calendar events as text messages or as VCS files and send fast replies like “What’s up?” and “How are things going?” as well as other phrases like “Sorry, I missed your call.”
There are a few more features in Google Messages that make it a more appealing choice. There are a few helpful tools that provide in-conversation ideas depending on the context of your messages under the Suggestions tab.
To enable fast communication, features like Smart Reply and Suggested Actions can help you rapidly arrange events, share your location, attach recent images, or send GIFs.