Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 foldable smartphones at the Unpacked 2022. In addition, the company launched various new products such as the Galaxy Watch 5, Watch 5 Pro and Buds 2 Pro.
Continuing its policy, Samsung is offering four generations of Android OS and up to five years of regular security patches update support to the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 devices.
Out of the box, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 run Android 12L/12-based One UI 4.1.1 software. Starting the Android 13 OS this year, both of these devices will get major upgrades up to Android 16, which will include:
- Android 13-based One UI 5.0
- Android 14-based One UI 6.0
- Android 15-based One UI 7.0
- Android 16-based One UI 8.0
Five years of security updates is a big deal for Samsung’s latest flagship smartphone owners. It ensures the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 consumers can use their devices until the end of 2027!
Galaxy Unpacked Coverage
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 launched to change the way of interaction
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 unveiled as an ultimate tool for self-expression
- Samsung releases Galaxy Watch 5 with new futuristic features
- Galaxy Watch 5 Pro is official as Samsung’s most durable and feature-packed watch yet
- Samsung debuts One UI 4.1.1 based on Android 12L, Taskbar included
Samsung Galaxy S22 Android 13 One UI 5.0 Update | Latest Developments – Beta 4
Back in February 2022, the Galaxy S22 series devices debuted with the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 iteration. All the Samsung Galaxy S22 phones are first in line to get the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update on both Beta and Stable channels.
The 2022 Galaxy S flagship models come with support for 4 generations of Android OS upgrades. Starting with Android 13, the South Korean phone maker has promised Galaxy S22 consumers to deliver major upgrades up to Android 16, alongside 5 years of regular security patches.
Well, talking about the first OS upgrade, the Galaxy S22 phones will be getting the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 Stable update later this year, while the Beta program is currently LIVE. Google introduced the Android 13 OS on the Stable channel in mid-August.
Galaxy S22 Android 13 Beta Status
Samsung started the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta activity for the Galaxy S22 line sometime in early August. The program should be available in 7 countries like last year, letting consumers experience the new OS and features months ahead of its Public release.
- On October 6, Samsung released fourth One UI 5.0 Beta to the Galaxy S22 in the US, South Korea and India.
- On September 22, Samsung expanded the One UI 5.0 beta 3 for Galaxy S22 series in India and China.
- On September 21, One UI 5.0 Beta 3 live for Galaxy S22 devices in Germany.
- On August 25, Samsung expanded Beta 2 in the US, South Korea, Germany, India, Poland and UK.
- On August 21, tipster IceUniverse leaked One UI 5.0 Beta 2’s Gallery icon, which is revamped.
- On August 6, Samsung officially started Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta testing for the Galaxy S22 series in Germany, South Korea and the US. Read more
Galaxy S22 Android 13 Release Date
As Samsung started the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program in early August, we can expect the Public rollout within two or three months, by October. While the initial rollout is likely to begin from the Korean market, the OEM will gradually expand its reach to the US and Europe.
- Release Date – October 12, 2022 [At SDC22]
October 6, 2022
Samsung released the fourth One UI 5.0 Beta firmware for the Galaxy S22 series smartphones in the United States, South Korea and India. It comes with plenty of bug fixes and improvements for a better user experience, to be noted, it removes the multi-user feature.
Bugs that have been fixed
- Improved that Favorites and Recent items can be added and removed in Gallery album
- Fixed the issue executed sleep mode automatically – Fixed the issue occurred vibration sound/beep sound continuously
- Fixed crash when entering App folder -Fixed crash when changing Wallpapers
- Fixed crash in S pen Air Command – Fixed the problem for Object eraser not working
- Fixed vibration feedback not working in Home gesture -Fixed the frame breaking issue when entering from Widget to Home
- Deleted Multi-user function -Other minor bug fixes
- When the phone screen is off while DeX is running, a black screen is displayed on the monitor
- After receiving the file with QuickShare, if you try to open it in the receiving pop-up, “Unable to open file’ pop-up occurs (The file is received normally)
- Forced Close occurs when the filter is selected from the lock screen menu, during Wallpaper image multi-pack setting
September 22, 2022
Samsung is expanding the One UI 5.0 Beta 3 update for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra users in India and China. This beta update brings fixes for several issues that were found in the last beta update.
September 21, 2022
Samsung started releasing the third One UI 5.0 Beta update for the Galaxy S22 series devices in Germany. It comes with various revisions and improvements for better user experience and enhanced system animations.
Note: Changelog is machine translated.
- Add Gallery widget to home screen
- Bugs that have been fixed:
- Experience new slideshow-style immersive stories in Gallery
- Improvement introduced so that lock screen wallpaper can be changed instantly by long press on lock screen
- Improved UX the Album tab at the bottom of the Gallery app – By default, ” Device maintenance > Automatic optimization > Automatic restart on demand ” is off by default
- Improved optimization function for each terminal mode and shifting the menu position ( Settings > Useful functions > Bixby Routine > Mode → Settings > Mode )
- Improved the animation to return to the home screen when disconnected
September 17, 2022
A tipster claimed that the third One UI 5.0 Beta update has been delayed for the Galaxy S22 series devices as Samsung is working on the issues and trying to bring stability to the firmware
September 13, 2022
A few days back, tipster IceUniverse claimed that the third One UI 5.0 Beta update features improved animations compared to the 2nd Beta, however, perfection is still away. At the same time, the source revealed that the 3rd Beta update for the Galaxy S22 series will release this week.
September 11, 2022
Samsung officially confirmed the SDC 2022 event for October 12, where, it will unveil new software advancements for the Galaxy ecosystem. At the same time, the South Korean tech giant will introduce the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 software.
August 26, 2022
The Galaxy S22 series users received the second One UI 5.0 Beta update in the US, South Korea and Germany. In addition, the company has opened the Beta program in India, Poland and the US, alongside releasing the second Beta stuff with the initial build.
August 21, 2022
A tipster shared a screenshot showing the One UI 5.0 Beta 2’s Gallery app icon, which now has an upgraded design compared to the One UI 4.1. Check here
August 20, 2022
- The first One UI 5.0 Beta build reportedly has various bugs and issues, and Beta participants are now waiting for the second Beta update.
- A user asked Samsung about the release date of the second One UI 5.0 Beta update.
- The company’s community moderator has replied to consumer’s query but denied giving a specific release date for Beta 2
August 06, 2022
After Germany and South Korea, Samsung officially opened the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program for Galaxy S22 series in the US.
August 05, 2022
After Germany, Samsung officially started the One UI 5.0 Beta Program for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, and Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphones in Korea.
August 5, 2022
Samsung has begun the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program alongside the rollout of the first Beta for the Galaxy S22 series devices in Germany.
August 02, 2022
One UI 5 Beta testing program goes live for the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus and Galaxy S22 Ultra consumers in South Korea. Shortly after the participation, Samsung will release the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta update to the eligible devices.
July 09, 2022
Well-known tipster Max Weinbach shared a screenshot of the “about phone” window of his Galaxy S22 Plus, which shows the smartphone is running the unreleased Android 13-based One UI 5.0 software system as well as June 2022 security patch.
— Samsung One UI Updates (@SamsonUpdate) July 9, 2022
July 09, 2022
Samsung is likely to start the Android 13 Beta program for Galaxy devices in the third week, while we just got our first look at One UI 5 Beta design and UI changes, credits 9to5Google.
July 05, 2022
Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta version is available for Samsung employees internally. Possibly, the initial build is made for the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphones, which will be available to Public shortly. Read more
July 02, 2022
According to the tipster, the One UI 5.0 variant has “no changes in UI (user interface) design, icons, etc”, however, Samsung has slightly improved the animation, as reported earlier. Read more
June 28, 2022
According to a recent report (via SamMobile), Samsung is going to launch the One UI 5 Beta based on Android 13 in the third week of July this year. The Galaxy S22 series phones are likely initially candidates for the upcoming One UI Beta program. Read more
June 22, 2022
Samsung could soon start the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program for the Galaxy S22 series devices as test firmware has been spotted for the Galaxy S22 Plus variant running Korean ROM. For your information, the version of the test firmware is S906NKSU2ZVF6.
June 15, 2022
Last week, Samsung released a new update to the Good Lock’s One Hand Operation + module, adding support for the One UI 4.1.1 version. At the same time, the changelog revealed that the upcoming One UI 4.1.1 iteration will be based on the Android 12L operating system.
May 29, 2022
Android 13 beta 2.1 update is available for Google Pixel users who have already participated in one of the previous betas programs. This new patch update of Android 13 brings fixes for problems that appeared in the previous release.
- Fixed an issue where typing in the search bar resulted in a blank list of suggestions.
- Fixed an issue where devices would crash and restart when turning on the hotspot.
- Fixed an issue where a continuous call dialing sound could be heard in the background during a phone call.
- Fixed an issue where devices would crash and restart after disconnecting from Android Auto.
As confirmed by the Samsung community moderator, the Galaxy S22 May 2022 update that bears firmware version ending VE4 includes major fixes for two issues that were recently announced as an easy fix, as well as increases the security patch level. Read more
Several users are facing multiple types of issues while using the Camera on their Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, or Galaxy S22 Ultra in which the most common issue is Camera shutter lag. Read more: Samsung’s way to fix Galaxy S22 Camera shutter lag
We’ve recently checked the Beta Operations Manager’s activity webpage, which has had no changes since January this year. We will continue to provide the latest insights regarding the Android 13 and One UI 5.0 update development for your Samsung devices.
Samsung has started releasing the May 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S22 series smartphone users starting April 25. As of now, the update is available in various Asian countries, while today reached the T-Mobile variants in the United States. Read more
In February 2022, Google released the Android 13 Developer Preview for eligible Pixel devices, however, the stable version may likely debut in October this year. However, the US tech giant will share more details about the new OS at its annual conference AKA Google I/O 2022.
Here’s when Samsung will start Stable Android 13 One UI 5.0 update rollout
On August 15, Google released the Android 13 update for Pixel devices, while Samsung started the One UI 5.0 Beta testing program for the Galaxy devices earlier this month. Google confirmed that the stable Android 13 update coming to your Galaxy devices “later this year.”
Samsung will surely start bringing the Android 13 update as One UI 5.0 to some eligible Galaxy devices later this year. Meanwhile, the company has already showcased most of the new features of this major upgrade including stackable widgets, more Color Palettes, optional call backgrounds for each contact, and much more.
Samsung Android 13 Release Date?
As always, Samsung has not shared the release date of the Galaxy Android 13 update. Well, we can accurately speculate when will Samsung release the One UI 5.0 update atop the Android 13 OS for the qualified Galaxy devices, thanks to records of past rollouts.
Let’s have a look at the recent past:
On October 4, 2021, the US tech giant seeded the Android 12 update for Pixel devices and Samsung bring it to the Galaxy devices as One UI 4.0 in mid-November. Well, the OEM was not able to run the rollout seamlessly as bugs and issues forced it to stop update delivery, which later on resumed in December.
Aside from this, the Android 11-based One UI 3.0 update took nearly three months to start rolling out for the flagship Samsung devices after the official debut of the base OS version. Seeing the big development with Android 12, we can expect that the company will start providing Android 13 to its flagships starting October this year.
Similar to previous rollouts, the South Korean tech giant will first upgrade its flagship Galaxy smartphones and then tablets. Later on, the company will gradually push the One UI 5.0 update to mid-range and budget phones in different markets globally.
Samsung Android 13 Eligible Devices
As of now, the Galaxy S22 series is just officially confirmed for the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update. Aside from this, Samsung has not said anything about the Android 13 update distribution to other Galaxies, however, a number of phones and tablets are already confirmed to get One UI 5.0.
- Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Galaxy S22 series
- Galaxy Tab S8 series
- Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Galaxy S21 series
- Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Z Flip, Flip 5G
- Galaxy S20 series
- Galaxy Note 20 series
- Galaxy Tab S7 series
- Galaxy A52 and A53
- Galaxy A71, A72, and A73
Aside from the above-listed smartphones, more Galaxy devices that were launched pre-installed with the Android 11-based One UI 3.x software will be supported for the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update as Samsung provides at least two major upgrades to all Galaxies.
You can check our dedicated article for the biggest Samsung Android 13-based One UI 5.0 eligible devices list, which consists of Galaxy M, Galaxy F, and more lineups. Still, some devices are no longer eligible for Android 13, however, Samsung will give them satisfaction with some new security updates.
Update: October 5
We are listing 11 Samsung devices that will get the Stable Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update by the end of this year.
- Samsung Galaxy S22
- Samsung Galaxy S22+
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S21
- Samsung Galaxy S21+
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Samsung Galaxy A53
Update: September 25
Flagship phones including the Galaxy S series and Galaxy Z series are unquestionably the top priority of Samsung. Meanwhile, it’s good to see that the company doesn’t want even mid-range smartphone users to wait longer for the new Android version.
These Galaxy phones will get Android 13 before 2022 ends
- Galaxy S22
- Galaxy S22 Plus
- Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21
- Galaxy S21 Plus
- Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold 4
- Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Galaxy Z Fold 3
- Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Galaxy A53
Update: September 11
Samsung officially confirmed the SDC 2022 event for October 12, where, it will unveil new software advancements for Galaxy ecosystem. At the same time, the South Korean tech giant will introduce the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 software.
These Samsung Galaxy devices received Android 12/One UI 4.1 update so far
Samsung’s Android 12 update comes with a number of new features and changes for the Galaxy devices, thanks to the One UI 4.1. Starting November 15, Samsung began the stable Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update rollout for the Galaxy devices, followed by One UI 4.1 from March 15.
Based on Android 12 OS, the One UI 4 offers an elevated mobile experience that puts you in control with new customization options, privacy features, and access to Samsung’s ever-expanding ecosystem. The all-new user interface enables you to create a customized mobile experience to meet your unique needs.
Android 12-inspired Color Palettes lets users alter the look and feel of everything from the phone’s home screen to icons, menu, buttons, and background. In addition, the reimagined widgets offer even deeper customization to put your own personal stamp on your smartphone experience.
Below, you can see the list of Samsung Galaxy devices that have received the stable Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update.
Galaxy Z series
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 — Available widely
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 — Available widely
- Galaxy Fold — Available widely
- Galaxy Fold 5G — Available widely
- Galaxy W22 — Available widely in China
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 — Available widely
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G — Available widely
- Galaxy Z Flip — Available widely
Galaxy S series
- Galaxy S21 — Available widely
- Galaxy S21+ — Available widely
- Galaxy S21 Ultra — Available widely
- Galaxy S20 — Available widely
- Galaxy S20+ — Available widely
- Galaxy S20 Ultra — Available widely
- Galaxy S20 FE — Available widely
- Galaxy S10 — Available widely
- Galaxy S10e — Available widely
- Galaxy S10+ — Available widely
- Galaxy S10 5G — Available widely
- Galaxy S10 Lite — Available widely
Galaxy Note series
- Galaxy Note 20 — Available widely
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra — Available widely
- Galaxy Note 10 — Available widely
- Galaxy Note 10+ — Available widely
- Galaxy Note 10 5G — Available widely
Galaxy A series
- Galaxy A82 5G — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A72 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A52 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A52 5G — Rolling out
- Galaxy A52s 5G — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A42 5G — Rolling out
- Available in the US on Verizon and Comcast, also internationally
- Galaxy A32 5G — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A22 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A22 5G — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A32 4G — Rolling out now in India
- Galaxy A71 5G — Rolling out now
- Available in the US on US Cellular
- Galaxy A51 5G — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A51 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A41 — Rolling out now
Galaxy A31 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A21
- Galaxy A21s — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A12 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A03s — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A02s — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A03 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy A01 – Rolling out
- Galaxy A11 – Rolling out
Galaxy Tab series
- Galaxy Tab S7 — Rolling out now
- Available in the US and internationally
- Galaxy Tab S7+ — Rolling out now
- Available in the US and internationally
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G — Rolling out now
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite — Rolling out now
- Galaxy Tab S6 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy Tab Active 3 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy Tab A7 (2020)
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
Galaxy M/F series
- Galaxy M62 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy M31 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy M22 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy M21 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy M31s — Rolling out now
- Galaxy M51 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy F41 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy M22 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy M12 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy M11 — Rolling out now
- Galaxy F22
- Galaxy F12
Galaxy XCover series
- Galaxy XCover 5
We will update this article regularly…