August 2022 security update by Samsung fixes a number of bugs and issues for the Galaxy devices, however, the revised list of Monthly and Quarterly updates plan is attached alongside. Every month, Samsung publishes a new security update plan for the Galaxy devices with changes like adding new ones, demotion, and termination.
According to the information, Samsung August 2022 plan ensures Monthly Security Updates for 41 Galaxy devices, while Quarterly Security Updates for 62 Galaxy devices. Aside from Monthly and Quarterly, the company is also committed to supporting 48 devices with Biannual Security Updates.
Currently, Samsung is preparing to start the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program for the flagship Galaxy devices. While the Beta activity of this major OS update will be limited to select phones, owners of mid-range and older Galaxy phones have to wait a bit longer.
In that case, security updates are the only treatment that Samsung will offer to older flagships and mid-range + budget Galaxy devices. Therefore, the latest security updates plan mentions crucial information for Galaxy consumers about their phone’s security.
Samsung Monthly Updates Devices
Samsung shifted the Galaxy XCover 4s enterprise model to Quarterly updates, however, other devices remain the same. You can check eligible devices for monthly security updates below, to be mentioned, the list includes most of the flagship phones.
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, Galaxy Note10 Lite, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro, Galaxy Xcover Pro, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Samsung Quarterly Updates Devices
From the quarterly updates plan, Samsung removed the Galaxy A21 smartphone and shifted it to Biannual security updates. It means the device will now be getting two more new security updates within a year, and the support will be ended.
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy Note9
- Galaxy A40
- Galaxy A01 Core
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G, Galaxy A42 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03s, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51, Galaxy M12, Galaxy M22, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G, Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M62, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M23 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy F12, Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F62, Galaxy F13
- Galaxy Tab A7, Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7+, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- W21 5G, W22 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A50, Galaxy XCover4s
Samsung Biannual Updates Devices
Samsung has ended the security patch support for the Galaxy A8 Star smartphone after providing two new updates on a biannual basis. You can check current Galaxy devices eligible for Biannual Updates, below.
- Galaxy A7 (2018), Galaxy A8s, Galaxy A9 (2018)
- Galaxy A10, Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A01, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71
- Galaxy J6+
- Galaxy M10, Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M30, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31
- Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018), Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A with S pen, Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020)
- Galaxy Tab S4, Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G
- W20 5G
| Source |
Samsung launches Eco² OLED Plus and UPC Plus that makes Galaxy Z Fold 4 unbeatable
Samsung has recently launched the Galaxy Z Fold 4, which features the latest Eco² OLED Plus display and UPC Plus technologies that were officially demonstrated at Korea’s largest display exhibition “K-Display 2022”.
According to the information, Samsung showcased the next-generation self-luminous display products that include the Eco² OLED Plus, Life Style, small and medium OLED, large QD-OLED, and more.
As per the previous reports, the new Eco² OLED technology prevents external light reflection, while increasing light transmittance by changing the panel stack structure instead of polarizers.
Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 4 features the new Eco² OLED Plus comes with significant improvements compared to the Eco² OLED, which debuted with the Galaxy Z Fold 3 smartphone.
Reports suggest that the Eco² OLED Plus offers up to a 37% reduction in power consumption alongside increasing the light transmittance by 160%. It makes the Galaxy Z Fold 4 an undisputed king in the foldable segment.
Apart from OLED, the UPC Plus technology is yet another highlight of Korea’s largest display exhibition. As reported, the Korean tech giant claims that the UPC Plus can truly achieve a full screen by eliminating the camera hole on the display panel with 1.4x higher resolution than the Fold 3.
Besides this, the company has also unveiled the Diamond Pixel Zone technology, an eco-friendly technology that reduces the use of plastic parts and reduces power consumption.
I guess Samsung Fold4's latest and strongest Eco² OLED Plus screen.
A display phone with an Eco² OLED Plus screen appeared at Samsung Display, and its resolution is 1812×2176, which is exactly the same as the Fold4, so I guess it is the Fold4. pic.twitter.com/tLE9tfOb97
— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) August 13, 2022
| Via |
Samsung India has over INR 40,000 offers on Galaxy Z Fold 4, Flip 4
On August 10, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 foldable smartphones were announced by Samsung for Global consumers. So far, Samsung has not yet held a specific India launch event for the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 devices, however, exclusive offers are now mentioned on the official site.
According to the information, pre-reservation for the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 devices are still live for the consumers in India, which cost INR 1,999 and offers up to INR 5,000 Samsung credit that can be used while purchasing Watch, Buds, Chargers, Case covers etc.
Meanwhile, the South Korean tech giant mentioned on the official site that the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 buyers will be eligible for exclusive offers greater than INR 40,000. Regarding this, the company recommended users tune in on Samsung.com to get exclusive limited period offers from Aug 16, 12 PM – Aug 17, midnight.
Not that all, Samsung is also offering an exclusive gift worth Rs 5,199 to consumers who are going to pre-book the Galaxy Z Fold 4 or Galaxy Z Flip 4 devices in India. The company has not clearly mentioned what will be the benefits, but it could be a memory upgrade, Samsung Care+ protection etc.
Through Smart Club, consumers can get rewarded with Smart Club points worth 2% of purchase value of the new Galaxy Z Fold 4 or Flip 4 and enjoy a host of privileges like exclusive benefits, early access, free service points and much more! You can also get the best value for your old phone while upgrading.
Great is now going greater. Catch the immersive product demo and exclusive offers on #GalaxyZFold4 and #GalaxyZFlip4 only on Samsung Live.
August 16, 12PM on https://t.co/d3k7SDIAf7.
Stay tuned. #Samsung pic.twitter.com/7LJpsbJtSW
— Samsung India (@SamsungIndia) August 12, 2022
Samsung phones to get labeled Call Filter spam protection by Verizon
Verizon offers a Call Filter that protects you from unwanted calls and lets you choose who can reach you by detecting spam and forwarding it to voicemail to block high-risk spam calls. This feature is available for all smartphones (Verizon) and limited smartwatches.
Call Filter comes with several features including Spam Detection, Spam Filter, Report Span, Spam lookup, Personal blocklist, and more. When someone calls you, it displays an alert of numbers that may be spam, robocall, or fraud. You can get this feature on Samsung smartphones on the Verizon network in the US.
As per the Big Red, using the STIR/SHAKEN system along with call filters and other tools, its call filter system was able to identify 2.5 billion rejected calls and block robocalls more than ten times in May-June alone. This filter is labeled on several smartphones to protect them from spam calls.
Verizon’s Call Filter app comes pre-installed on every Android device and the option will be available with its unlimited 5G plan. If you want to upgrade to the premium Call Filter option, you have to pay $2.99 per month for one line and $7.99 for three or more lines.
How to add Neighborhood Filter?
You can easily add a neighborhood filter on your Galaxy smartphone, just need to follow the steps given below.
- Open Call Filter app
- Click on Block
- Then, tap the Filters option
- Now, select Neighborhood filter
- Turn on the Block similar to min switch toggle to block calls from numbers similar to your own.
- Now, click on the add option and enter the first 6 digits of the desired number to block then tap add. This helps you to block calls from other phone numbers.
You can also report spam texts and robocalls by forwarding them to Verizon right away at S-P-A-M (7226)or report the test to the Federal Trade Commission.