A factory reset is an effective and last resort way of troubleshooting mobile phones. This method restores your phone to its original factory settings, erasing all your data in the process. However, data present on other media, such as a secure digital card will not be affected by a factory reset.
Your smartphone or tablet has lots of personal information on it. The resetting process can be very useful in situations that require deleting all the data on the device, such as before the device is sold, you wanna give it away, or otherwise dispose of it.
Factory reset is also sometimes used in situations such as repairing a bad device, removing a virus or file, clearing memory space, clearing settings, and restoring the device to default settings.
Let’s see how can you Factory Reset your Samsung phone.
How to Factory Reset Samsung phones?
- Go to the Settings of your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on General management.
- Click on the Reset option.
- Tab Factory data reset.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset.
- Enter your phone’s password, if enabled.
- Confirm that you understand about all data being lost and cannot be recovered. Tap on Delete All.
- Enter your Samsung Account Password and tap on Confirm.
Factory Resetting a mobile device is not reversible. Also, it will not cause any of your data that is saved on a microSD card (if your phone has one). Still, make sure all of your information is saved to a backup somewhere else before attempting to reset your phone or tablet.
How to backup your Samsung phone?
The backup process is very simple, you can perform it in a few simple steps. To do this:
- Go to the Settings of your phone.
- Enter Accounts and backup.
- Under the Cloud, tap Back up data.
- Select the apps that you would like to backup.
- Tap Back up now.
- Your data will be backed up. The time it takes will depend on how much data is being saved.
- Tap Done when finished.
How to restore your backup on Samsung phone?
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Tap Accounts and backup >> Restore data.
- If you have multiple Samsung devices backed up to the same account, each of your backups will be displayed.
- Select the backup that you wish to restore, then
- Select the apps that you wish to restore.
- Tap Restore.
- If prompted, tap Install to restore your Apps screen and Home screen.
Make sure that you have entered the correct Google account login information in order to recover contacts, photographs, and apps that are associated with your Google account. It can increase the chances of your phone being permanently locked as well as the possibility of personal information being lost.
Bedtime Mode on Samsung Galaxy S22 is a tangle, here’s how to use it
Samsung Galaxy S22 series was the first to pre-install One UI 4.1. The company offered plenty of new features and changes with the smartphones this year. One such noticeable change can be seen in Digital wellbeing and Parental control’s Bedtime mode option.
Digital wellbeing and Parental control monitor your usage times and also let you set timers for apps so you can be notified if are using a specific for a long time. Swiping to different screens allows you to see breakdowns by day, by an hour, and by an app.
It provides you a daily view of how frequently you use apps, how many notifications you receive, and how often you check your device so you can manage your digital habits with ease. Digital Wellbeing also lets you set your device to help you manage your sleep but not on Galaxy S22 phones.
Bedtime Mode on Samsung Galaxy S22 is a tangle:
Samsung usually provides bedtime mode on Digital wellbeing and Parental control which monitor and manage your digital habits. But this is not the case with the high-end Galaxy S22 series. Instead, you will have to go to Samsung Clock app to use this feature.
However, this feature only changes the place of its availability but not the function that it usually provides. The Bedtime mode on Galaxy S22 series offers the same functionalities as it provides on other Galaxy phones.
How to use Bedtime mode on Samsung Galaxy S22?
Using bedtime mode on Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra is completely different from other Galaxy phones. Here’s how to use it:
- Open the Samsung Clock app on your Galaxy S22.
- Make sure you are on the Alarm section.
- Tap the three-dot menu.
- Tap Set bedtime and wake-up time.
- Tap Next and Set your sleep schedule.
- Again, tap Next, and turn on Bedtime mode.
- Set a wakeup alarm and Done.
- You’ll get the option to change the Reminder notification setting and a toggle to turn on Bedtime mode.
- If you choose to turn it on, your phone will automatically turn on DND mode and change the screen to grayscale when it’s close to bedtime.
- You can then tap on the Next button again to Set the wake-up alarm.
- If you use Samsung SmartThings, you’ll also be able to integrate your alarm with supported smart devices.
- Once you’re done with the initial setup process, you’ll see a new alarm at the top of the Alarm section.
- You can tap on it to adjust your bedtime, alarm, and notification settings further.
- If you use the Samsung’s S Health app, you’ll also see a Sleep details button underneath the new alarm that will open S Health’s sleep tracker.
What is Samsung Nightography on Galaxy S22 Ultra and how to use it
The latest Samsung Galaxy S22 series devices come with some major improvements that most users will love in their cameras. We’re talking about pro-photography-level features of Nightography that allow Galaxy S22 users to take some amazing pictures, at least Samsung can guarantee you that.
The cameras in the Galaxy S22 series are definitely better built than the Galaxy S21. And this is something you should be happy about. Features like advanced auto framing that detects up to 10 subjects at once are perfectly adequate to get those memorable group shots.
And the expert-level RAW app makes it possible to have pro-level creative control. Supports up to four cameras and gives you access to 16-bit RAW files. In addition to enabling a wide dynamic range through multi-frame synthesis.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Nightography!
These days smartphone cameras come with a variety of bells and whistles. But some of how important growth is in night photography. It is very easy to get a great shot when there is enough natural light outside.
But the night can be very difficult when it is very dark around you. Even with other light sources around you, such as lamp posts, you can still sometimes not get a good shot.
Enter advanced nighttime photography or Nitrography features on modern smartphones. It improved the night shots a ton. The Galaxy S22 series in particular has 23% better night photography than last year’s Galaxy S21 series.
Thanks to larger pixels and a sensor with advanced AI high-resolution processing, the Galaxy S22 cameras are able to capture 4x more data than ever before to create a noticeably sharp image.
Galaxy users can now make Nights Epic with Nitrography. With a powerful combination of software and hardware, you can capture your favorite moments even when shooting in the dark of night.
How to use Nightography on your Samsung Galaxy S22?
Take a picture in low-light conditions, without using the flash. When you use a tripod, you can get brighter and steadier results.
- On the shooting modes list, tap MORE >> NIGHT.
- If you set the time that appears at the right bottom of the screen to Max, you may get clearer pictures.
- Tap the ok button (round circular button on middle) and hold your device steady until shooting is complete.
Samsung One UI 4.1 Media manner mode lets you mute all sounds in silent mode, here’s how to use
Have you ever faced the inconvenience of ringing the phone in a meeting, conference, classroom, or any place where there is silence? It’s common and might have happened to everyone.
Before going on such plans, we put our phone on mute or vibration but we are not used to muting the media sound. We take out our phones and by mistake, the media sound is played which is quite annoying as well as disturbing for others.
Wouldn’t it be nice if the media volume would have gone silent as soon as we put our phone on silent mode? Well, you wish for and Samsung fulfilled it. Samsung One UI already has the ability to mute media volume as soon as you put your phone on silent.
It won’t be surprising if I say that this is a Good lock feature, which is above every customization option available for Android smartphones. Samsung Good Lock has a SoundAssistant module that helps you completely revamp the volume panel and system sound of your Galaxy phone and tablet.
SoundAssistant comes with a feature called Media manner mode mutes media sounds when your phone is on vibrate or mute. You can now ensure that your Samsung phone stays silent during meetings, conferences, lectures, etc.
Using Samsung Media manner mode is very simple. Here’s how:
How to use Samsung Media manner mode?
- Open the Good Lock application.
- Go to the Family section.
- Enter SoundAssistant.
- Tap on the option called Media manner mode.
- Just turn the toggle on and it’s done.