Samsung’s One UI is widely regarded as one of the best Android skins available. The company continues to add new features and improvements to its custom OS on a regular basis. In February, it introduced One UI 4.1 with features like Google Duo Live Sharing, Smart Widgets, improved Color Palette feature, camera improvements, and others.
Additionally, it brings various improvements to the stock apps and services such as Display. A display is the main component of any smartphone, it makes the device look beautiful and provides a clearer and sharp view of anything you are watching on the screen.
Setting up a smartphone display in a correct manner is a must to have good screen viewing. Samsung One UI 4.1 has various display options that will let you comfortably operate your phone in an extremely bright area, at nighttime, or in a normal environment.
You can also set up the display setting in a way so your phone’s battery can last longer, customize font size and style for easy viewing, enable screen zoom, use easy mode, make streaming videos look their best, and many others.
Below I have mentioned 8 smart Samsung One UI 4.1 display settings so you can get the most out of your phone’s display.
Smart Samsung One UI 4.1 display settings
Customize your font size and style
The new blog you are reading is interesting, but looking at the screen is straining your eyesight. Adjust the font and give your eyes a rest. Here’s how:
- Launch the Settings of your phone.
- Enter the Display section.
- Tap the Font size and style option.
- Adjust the size and style as desired.
Enable Screen zoom
If you want items on your screen to appear larger, such as when you are reading an article, you can use Screen Zoom. To do this:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Tap Display.
- Tap Screen zoom.
- Adjust the slider at the bottom.
Turn on Full screen apps
If you had more thumb space, that game would be a lot easier, and if it were bigger the video would have looked a lot better. Just check to see if the app can be used on full screen. To check:
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Enter the Display option.
- Tap Full screen apps.
- Select Aspect ratio or camera cutout.
- Select the desired app.
Note: Some app developers may not have optimized apps for full-screen mode.
Choose a Screen mode
Does that image seem a bit off? You can use the screen mode settings to adjust how the display looks. To do this:
- Head over to your phone’s Settings.
- Go to the Display option.
- Tap Screen mode.
- Choose your desired screen mode.
- Keep in mind that some screen modes may not be available unless the Blue light filter is turned off.
Use Easy mode
Easy mode simplifies the user interface of a smartphone. When turned on, it magnifies the screen’s resolution, which makes everything appear bigger including app icons, text in all applications, contact pictures, etc. To enable it:
- Go to the Settings.
- Tap on Display.
- Now, click on Easy mode.
- Tap the toggle to enable this feature. The following options appear:
- Touch and hold delay: Set how long it takes for a continuous touch to be recognized as touch and hold.
- High contrast keyboard: Choose a keyboard with high contrast colors.
Adjust your screen brightness
You can adjust the screen brightness according to the environment around you. For example: set the display brightness to the lowest when you are in a dark area or set the brightness to the hightest when you are in a bright area. To adjust brightness:
- Enter the Settings of your phone.
- Go to Display.
- Adjust the slider until you reach your desired brightness.
- You can also do it through the Quick Settings panel.
You can also turn adaptive brightness on or off. This feature will automatically adjust your phone’s brightness based on whether you’re in a bright or dark environment. Tap the switch next to Adaptive brightness to turn it on or off.
Make Streaming videos look their best
Your Galaxy phone has an amazing screen, so make the most of it. The Video Enhancer feature works with most streaming apps to give you bright, vibrant colors. To do this:
- Navigate the Settings of your phone.
- Tap Advanced Features.
- Scroll down and click Video brightness.
- Select Normal or Bright.
- If you select Bright, a list of compatible apps will appear.
- You can select which app(s) are automatically enhanced by tapping the switch(es).
Adjust Dark Mode
Samsung One UI 4.1 dark mode is now smarter than the previous generation. It automatically adjusts the home screen and its icons to be a bit darker. This subtle tinting is done across the home screen and is much appreciated. To enable:
- Vitit your phone’s Settings.
- Tap Display for the following options:
- Light: Apply a light color theme to your device (default).
- Dark: Apply a dark color theme to your device.
- Dark mode settings: Customize when and where Dark mode is applied.
- Turn on as scheduled: Configure Dark mode for either Sunset to sunrise or
- Turn on as scheduled: Configure Dark mode for either Sunset to sunrise or
Don’t forget to read –
Here’s how to switch your Galaxy buds between your phone and tablet
If you own a pair of Galaxy Buds, you might want to use them with both your phone and tablet. But how do you switch between the two devices without having to manually disconnect and reconnect them? Don’t worry, you can do that as Samsung offers a function for Galaxy devices named “Auto switch to other devices”.
The Auto switch to other devices function allows your Galaxy Buds to automatically connect to the phone or tablet you’re using when you start a call or play media. This way, you don’t have to worry about missing a call or pausing your music when you switch devices. You can enjoy seamless audio across your Samsung devices.
To use this feature, you need to sign in to the same Samsung account on both your phone and tablet. This feature may vary depending on your device, so make sure you have the latest software update on both devices. You also need to enable Bluetooth on both devices and pair your Galaxy Buds with them.
To enable the auto switch feature, follow these steps:
- Tap on Earbuds settings.
- Tap on the Auto switch to other devices option
- Toggle on the switch, next to the devices you want to use with the auto switch.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy using your Galaxy Buds with both your phone and tablet without any issue. You can also disable the auto switch feature anytime by following the same steps and toggling off the switch.
Here’s how to add transitional effects on lock screen of your Samsung device
Samsung offers a bundle of features for lock screen customization on your Galaxy smartphone. In addition to the wallpaper, you can now add transition effects for lock screen wallpapers, all thanks to the Samsung Wonderland Good Lock module.
The new update of Samsung Wonderland added a new type of wallpaper that includes captivating transition effects when the user turns on the screen. It allows users to customize their experience by setting different wallpapers with transitions.
How to add transitional effects on the lock screen?
To apply the transition effect lock screen wallpaper, you just need to follow a few steps given below.
- Open Samsusng Wonderland app.
- Tap on the “Create your different lock screen effect” option.
- Select any one transitional wallpaper for the lock screen. You can also select it from the Gallery app.
- Now tap on the Set as Wallpaper option and it is done.
However, you can customize the transition effects type, Speed, thickness, Brightness, and Grayscale of the lock screen, just need to tap on the Edit option ahead of Set as wallpaper.
Here’s how to use Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 ‘Water Lock Mode’
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 offers a remarkable feature named Water Lock Mode. It prevents unintended interactions while submerged in water. This feature is a valuable addition, ensuring seamless functionality and peace of mind while wearing the Galaxy Watch 4 in the water.
There are two simple methods to activate Water Lock Mode on the Galaxy Watch 4. The first involves a quick swipe down to access the Quick Settings Panel, followed by tapping the Water Mode icon.
Alternatively, users can enable this mode through the device’s Settings menu by selecting “Advanced Features” and toggling on the “Water Lock” option. Once enabled, Water Lock Mode renders the touchscreen inactive, shielding the watch from accidental touches underwater.
To deactivate Water Lock Mode, users can press and hold the home key. The watch emits sounds to expel water from the speaker, while a gentle shake eliminates any moisture from the pressure sensor.