When you operate your latest Samsung One UI 4.1-based smartphone you need to log in or sign in to your Samsung Account. If you do not have a Samsung Account you need to Sign-up. This will keep you updated about the company’s updates and services. It also protects your device data, when lost or stolen.
A particular account provides you with integrated services across all your Samsung devices, such as Samsung TVs and smartphones. Let me tell you without logging in to your account, your setup will remain incomplete because some of the devices will need login permission via Samsung.
What do you need for the initial setup?
- First, you need to connect to the nearby Wi-Fi service.
- Launch the Settings app and tap on the Samsung account, secondly, you can launch the Settings app and tap to Accounts and backup, then to manage account, from their jump to add an account, now you can add your Samsung account here.
- If you do not have a Samsung account you can log in with a google account, this will keep all your services synchronized.
What, if you forgot your password?
If you forget your password, tap on Find ID, or Forgot password?
After finding your Samsung ID, you can proceed to reset your password.
Benefits of Signing in to a Samsung account
- It keeps all your data, if on auto synchronization
- Protect your contacts and special events from being lost and more
You can transfer your data from your old phone to the new handset, by using the smart switch application, via wireless mode, or else you can use the USB cable. If the old phone is not compatible, you can transfer the backup from your computer. After this operation, you are ready with your latest One UI 4.1 smartphone.
One UI 4.1: Samsung Wearable, stay connected!
Samsung Wearables is a fantabulous app to stay connected with your wearable accessories. This Galaxy application connects your wearable devices to your smartphones.
The Application facilitates you to manage and monitor the wearable device features and applications which you have installed through Galaxy Apps. A user just needs to install the app on the smartphone, then pair it with wearable accessories.
What features are manageable with the application?
- Application download and settings
- Find my Watch
- Software updates
- Clock settings
- Mobile device connection and disconnection
- Notification type and settings, etc.
The settings and features will appear in front of you when your wearable device is connected via Bluetooth to advantage of all the features. Let me tell you frankly that features will not properly work without a stable connection between your wearable device and your mobile phone.
What things does the user need to take care of?
- The Samsung wearable application does not support the VR gears or Gear 360
- For enjoying the Samsung Wearable application should be installed with the latest User Interface
- Only for the Galaxy Buds model, the galaxy wearable application can be used with your tablet
- Do not forget to allow Galaxy wearable permissions.
Required permissions in brief?
- Contacts, it is used to provide services that need to be linked with the account using registered Samsung account information.
- The phone is used to check device-unique identification information for updating apps and installing plug-in apps.
- The location is used to search for nearby devices for gearing and paring through Bluetooth.
- The last one is storage, used to transmit and receive the stored files with Gears.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, which is completely pairable and compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S21. It facilitates me to download and change lots of watch faces, and I can monitor all my notifications and update the wearable device. So if you have the wearable accessory you have to try it.
One UI 4.1: Samsung Shop, here is everything you need!
Samsung shop is a really fabulous one. Here is everything you need. If you want to buy new smartphones, bought a new house, want to renovate your place, or buy a gift for your little ones. Samsung Shop provides you with great offers and deals.
Samsung Shop has already been top-ranked among the world’s most trusted brands in several countries. Here you are eligible to shop for all Samsung smartphones and premium products such as TVs, Home Theaters, Home Appliances, headphones, speakers, etc.
Here you can find the right Samsung product for you. The shop facilitates you to Chat, Click and Buy. The user is eligible to discover best-selling Samsung products and get discounts and deals on smartphones, appliances, and more.
Why a person should prefer Samsung Shop?
- Here you can learn about your favorite Samsung products
- Have a discount and deals at a single doorstep
- Easily shop online
- You can track your order updates, delivery details, and current locations
- Enjoy free shipping on selected products
- Collect your favorite in one place and add them to your wish list
- The purchase and checkout are faster than remember you
- With Samsung, you can easily maintain a secure spot to manage your payment information.
Under mobile phones and accessories, you can save your latest Galaxy smartphone. Many things are available here such as Galaxy watches and wearables and more. Even if you have the facility to get a television designed according to your lifestyle, do not get amazed, it is true.
Discover the deals not only on TV but other home appliances, such as washing machines, air conditioners, microwaves, kitchen appliances, and more. Get the best deals on the computing device display, ultra-wide, curved, and gaming monitors. Shop for gaming SSDs, memory cards, flash drives, and more. Samsung truly makes the world a wonderful place to live in.
15 hidden Samsung One UI 4.1 features!
When Samsung launched Galaxy S22 series in February, the company also unveiled One UI 4.1 custom software system with lots of improvements, customization options, and some new features. Almost all of the new and flagship devices have already got access to the new version.
You must have noticed many useful changes that have made your Galaxy experience more intuitive, easier, and fun. But there will definitely be many One UI 4.1 features that you will not be familiar with.
Meanwhile, SammyFans is here with 15 wonderful and hidden Samsung One UI 4.1 features that will change the way you use your phone. Let’s have a dive into those features!
Hidden Samsung One UI 4.1 Features
Take selfies using Voice or Hand gesture
Taking selfies is a trend nowadays. Samsung understands this and thus provides some cool ways to make snapping selfies a lot more versatile. Now you won’t have to face trouble and blurry pictures by tapping the circle to take a selfie, you can do it with your Voice or Hand Gestures.
To activate selfie gestures on your Galaxy:
- Open the Camera app.
- Tap the Settings in the top-left corner.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Shooting methods.”
- Tap the toggles next to “Voice commands” and “Show palm.”
Now, you can activate the shutter by saying”smile,” “cheese,” capture,” or “shoot”. This works with both the front and rear-facing cameras. To take a selfie or record a video using gestures, simply hold up your palm to the front-facing camera, or say “Record video.”
Customize anything with Good Lock
Good Lock is a powerful application for Samsung devices that has many modules to let you customize the overall look of your phone. From options to customize the notification panel, sound panel, keyboard, and others, there are many additional features that the real One UI doesn’t have.
Get more information about every Good Lock 2022 module:
- Nice Catch
- Keys Cafe
- Home UP
- Sound Assistant
- One Hand Operation+
- Theme Park
- Nice Shot
One Hand Operation+: Use Gestures exactly as you want
Samsung’s One Hand Operation+ app lets you completely customize how gestures work on your phone. It enables a slim gesture handle on either side of your screen and customizes it to perform actions, such as loading the previous page in your browser, turning off the display, or taking screenshots – a functionality that requires you to use the ‘palm swipe to capture’ feature.
Dual Messenger lets you create two different accounts for the same messaging app on the same device. Both these accounts will work as usual. You will be able to send and receive messages to/from either of the two active app accounts basis on your preference.
Now you can keep your accounts for work and home separate to avoid confusion. To do this:
- Go to Settings of your phone.
- Open Advanced features.
- Go to Dual Messenger.
- Tap the switch of an app to install the second app.
- The second app will be installed and displayed.
- To choose which contacts have access to the secondary Messenger app, tap Use separate contact list.
Samsung Secure Folder keeps your private photos, videos, files, apps, and data safe and secure. With this, users can add an existing app on their phone to their Secure Folder to make a copy of the app.
You can also add new apps from Galaxy Store or Play Store only to install them in the Secure Folder itself and only these apps can access your hidden files. To create a secure folder:
- Enter the Setting of your smartphone.
- Tap Biometrics and security.
- Tap Secure Folder.
- You will need to sign into or create a Samsung Account.
- Tap Sign in, Continue or Agree.
- Enter your Samsung Account details, then tap Sign in or OK.
- Choose the lock method you wish to use, then tap Next.
- Enter the lock method, then choose Continue.
- Enter the lock method again, then choose Confirm.
- A shortcut to the Secure Folder will be added to your Home and Apps screen.
Call display while using apps setting
- Go to Phone app settings.
- Tap Call display while using apps.
- Select among Full-screen, Pop-up, and Mini pop-up.
- Keep calls in a pop-up: After calls are answered, keep them in the pop-up.
Remove animations and Speed things
You can turn off the animations on your device, such as when you open or close apps, which make it seem more snappy in daily use to speed up things and the performance of your phone. To activate this feature:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to Accessibility
- Tap Visibility enhancements.
- Tap the toggle by Remove animations to turn the feature on.
- If you notice this causes issues, you can easily turn it off again in the same way.
Fit more apps onto your Home Screen or App Drawer
You can easily increase the number of apps you can pack on your Home Screen or App Drawer. To do this:
- Open the Home screen settings menu by pinching Home Screen with two fingers.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Home screen grid or Apps screen grid.
- Resize them as you see fit.
Lock your Home Screen Layout
There’s an easy way to put a stop if you’re forever accidentally shifting the carefully arranged icons on your Home screen around. Now you can’t remove or move any of the apps until you unlock it again. To do this:
- Open the Home screen settings menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the toggle by the Lock Home screen layout to activate this feature.
- If you want to unlock it again, simply tag the toggle.
Samsung devices have the ability to blink the LED light on your phone’s camera when you have an incoming call or message, making it less likely for you to miss it. To enable it:
- Head over to the Settings of your smartphone.
- Go to Accessibility.
- Enter Advanced settings.
- Tap Flash notifications.
- Tap Flash camera notification.
- Enable Camera flash notification.
- You can enable flash notifications for selected apps.
Double-tap the Display to turn it ON and OFF
If you want to open or close your phone quickly without having to press the power key, you can simply double-tap on the screen to wake it up or turn it off. To do this:
- Head to Settings >> Advanced features >> Motions and gestures.
- Tap the toggles by Double tap to turn on the screen and Double tap to turn off the screen.
- You can also toggle Lift to wake, which turns your screen on when you raise your phone.
Mute incoming calls and alarms by flipping your phone
You can just flip your phone over or put your hand over the screen to mute the alarm or calls. To turn on this feature:
- Go to Settings.
- Enter Advanced features.
- Tap Motion and gestures.
- Tap the toggle to Mute with a gesture to activate it.
Video call effects
You can use this feature to change the background including a blur effect, colors, and pictures. Samsung video call effect feature also blocks background noise during a video call. To enable it:
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Go to Advanced Features.
- Click on Video call effect.
- Finally, tap the toggle to enable it.
- A video call icon will be added to the video calling app’s screen.
Use palm swipe to take screenshot
Samsung offers many ways to let users capture a screenshot, one among them is Palm Swipe. To enable this method:
- Go to Settings of your phone.
- Select Palm swipe to capture.
- Tap the switch next to ‘Palm swipe to capture.
Access all Quick Settings with One Swipe
Samsung Quick Settings Panel allows you to use the most commonly used features such as WiFi, Bluetooth, QR Code scanner, sound, and more with just a tap. It has multiple features by default. You can arrange them according to your preferences as well as can add new or remove old ones too.
To access Quick Settings’ settings:
- Open the Quick settings panel by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Then, tap and hold the name of the feature under the icon.
- For example, if you want to access the Flashlight settings, tap and hold the Flashlight option.
- A setting menu will automatically appear.
- Certain settings might be grayed out or not appear if the feature is turned off (e.g., Wi-Fi networks may not show if Wi-Fi is turned off).