Samsung has announced its latest smart TV Monitor Series M8 today, which features an upgraded and stylish design. These new TV sets and lineups are built on Samsungs iconic slim design and come with UHD resolution, Slim fit Cam, and more.
During the launch event Samsung Electronics, Executive Vice President and Head of Visual Display Business says, ” “We aspired to create a product capable of matching the lifestyles of all kinds of people and preferences.” Adding more to it he said the different color palettes are inspired by the theme ‘Shades of Nature’.
The Smart Monitor M8 is featured with a sophisticated flat-black design, and colors developing on a stylish warm white complements any kind of environment based on the user’s personal preferences.
Talking about productivity, the Smart TV is a perfect fit for home and office environments. One could manage to connect various IT devices through the upgraded smart hub. This interface offers all the services helping users to connect all at one screen at a time.
Smart Monitor also comes with a magnetic removable slim-fit Cam that can be attached to the monitor while keeping the desk neat without any unsightly wires. This Cam features face tracking and auto-zoom functions making it perfect for live streaming.
M8 is equipped with high sensitivity and a far-field voice microphone, which is helpful for controlling voice assistance devices such as Bixby and Amazon Alexa. Additionally, the microphone features an Always-on voice function, also displaying conversational information, even the monitor screen is turned off.
General Specifications of New Smart Monitor M8 lineups:
Form-Factor: Thinness – 11.4mm
Resolution : 3,840 x 2,160 (UHD)
Display : Flat / Curved ,Refresh Rate – 60Hz
Viewing Angle : 78° (Horizontal) / 178° (Vertical)
Brightness : 400 cd/㎡
Eye Care Feature: Eye Saver Mode / Flicker Free
Connectivity : WiFi5, BT4.2
Sound – Speaker : 2.2CH (5W x 2 with tweeter)
Camera : In-Box (FHD Cam.)
Remote Control : In-Box (USB-C charging)
M8 is going to be available in four modern color variants:
- Sunset Pink
- Daylight Blue
- Spring Green
- Warm White
Since the first launch in November 2020, it has upgraded a lot and is currently under more innovation. The Smart and Ultra Slim monitor from Samsung has earned a CES Innovation award honored by Consumer Technology Association, got recognition for its wide array and display technology.
Samsung’s One UI 6.0 Update: Galaxy S20, Note 20, and More Left Behind, New Options for Android Enthusiasts
Android 14 will soon start to roll out for Google Pixel phones. Samsung, on the other hand, started the One UI 6.0 Beta Program for Galaxy S23 series in August 2023. Samsung consumers have high expectations with the One UI 6.0 update, but many Galaxy devices are no longer supported.
Samsung should have pledged the Android 14 update for Galaxy S20 and Note 20 series, but it didn’t. It leads the Galaxy S20 FE to ineligibility for the next major update. Launched pre-installed with Android 10, the S20, Note 20 and S20 FE devices are no longer eligible for any major upgrade.
The popular Galaxy A series phones – Galaxy A51 and A71 have also finished their OS upgrade eligibility with the Android 13-based One UI 5.0. Now, the Korean tech giant focuses more on affordable phones, with the Galaxy A24 as a recent example, which will get 4 OS upgrades.
The 2nd generation Galaxy Z Fold smartphone was also eligible for three major updates. The company had released it with Android 10-based One UI 2.5, which means, it has also completed its big OTA lifespan with Android 13. You can check One UI 6.0 unsupported devices in the list below.
- Galaxy S20 Series
- Galaxy Note 20 Series
- Galaxy S20 FE (LTE/5G)
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
- Galaxy A71 & Galaxy A51
How to get One UI 6
To experience the next Samsung mobile OS, you need to purchase a new Galaxy phone. There are a lot of sticking options, offering you a longer software lifespan across categories from budget to premium. Check the quick guide below, which embeds phones with great software support.
- Premium – Galaxy S23 series
- Bonus Tip – Galaxy S21 FE (flagship phone with affordability)
- Mid-range – Galaxy A54 and Galaxy A34
- Budget – Galaxy A24
Samsung unveils Good Lock 2024, launching alongside One UI 6 – New Features, Enhancements
Samsung Good Lock is a popular app and some users have been waiting for a long time for the app to be updated to support the latest One UI 6.0 based on Android 14. Now, the company has announced the Samsung Good Lock 2024 through the official community.
The Functional manager has recently shared some plans for the app’s future development. In a post on the Samsung Members app, the team revealed that Good Lock will be launched simultaneously with the official 6.0 distribution and that some modules will undergo major changes and improvements.
Samsung Good Lock 2024
One UI 6
- Good Lock will be launched simultaneously with the official 6.0 distribution.
- Good Lock: When installing apps with every upgrade, the company is trying to reduce the steps of moving to the store so they can be installed quickly and easily without moving.
- Edge lighting +: ‘Edge lighting +’, which was only available on the Galaxy foldable, will be introduced in earnest this time. With the cute pop effect you want when you receive notifications and make suggestions for improvement.
- Sound Assistant: It seems that decorating the volume panel is only done through color selection, so please look forward to the change by providing various effects and control method changes so that you can enjoy new decoration effects.
- Wonderland, which has changed with a unique lock screen effect, is preparing to enable new transition effects when moving between AOD and lock screen/home screen.
- Samsung is preparing to provide more detailed information about why my notifications are not ringing through NiceCatch.
One UI 6.1
- Many people have complained about the inconvenience of LockStar / Clock Face having a structure that is separate from the lock screen, so Samsung is preparing it so that it can be set naturally within the lock screen.
- This is a very big task, so the people in charge of the lock screen will be encouraged if you give some words of support.
- Kids Cafe is developing a feature that allows you to map desired functions to keyboard gestures and designate keyboard touch sounds as desired.
Changes and delayed features
- HomeUp is undergoing major structural improvements to support a wider variety of styles.
- The theme park has a structural implementation in addition to the theme of the terminal. Every time you install a theme, you may wonder why it takes so long to install an app. By changing the structure, the company want to improve these inconveniences and aim for a lighter theme.
Also, the ‘Dropship Ride Together’ feature will be released soon regardless of the 6.0 upgrade.
Samsung teases One UI 6.1 in Good Lock 2024 launch!
Samsung officially unveiled the Good Lock 2024 today and confirmed that it’s coming alongside the One UI 6. Beyond that, the company revealed some Good Lock functions that will be improved in the 6.1 version of the Android 14-based One UI software.
According to Samsung moderator, One UI 6.1-based Good Lock will bring fix for the structure problem of LockStar and ClockFace modules. The company is making changes to address the inconvenience of the lock screen so it can be set naturally within the lock screen.
In addition, a feature for the KeysCafe application is under development, which will allow you to map desired functions to keyboard gestures and designate keyboard touch sounds as desired. There will be more enhancements for apps and modules, which will be coming next year.
One UI 6 and One UI 6.1
Samsung will unveil the One UI 6.0 next month at its annual developers conference. This software is currently under Beta testing and is based on the Android 14 operating system. One UI 6.1, on the other hand, will come pre-installed with the Galaxy S24 series, bringing new features and tweaks.