These devices are powered by Exynos 2100 and Snapdragon 888 SoC to provide a powerful smartphone experience. Besides, the pre-installed Android 11-based One UI 3.1 version comes with a number of new features.
“Always On Display” is one of the popular features among all smartphone users. The AOD lets users access some important functions of their smartphone such as date, time, battery, and notification even when the device is locked.
Also, it’s worth mentioning that the AOD consumes minor battery power and allows users to take the advantage of this feature without worrying about battery life.
Thanks to the new Android 12-based One UI 4.0, now Samsung Galaxy S21, Note 20, S20, Note 10, S10, Fold/Fold 2, and Flip smartphone users can use an improved Always On Display.
It allows users to view missed calls and message alerts, check the time and date, view other customized information, and more without unlocking their device.
Here’s how to enable “Always On Display”
- From Settings, tap Lock screen >> Always On Display.
- Now, tap on the Toggle to enable the AOD.
After enabling AOD, set the following options:
- Choose when to show a clock and notifications on the screen when your device is not in use:
- Tap to show for 10 seconds, Show always, or Show as scheduled.
- Clock style:
- Change the style and color options for the clock on the Lock screen and Always-on Display.
- Show music information:
- Show music details when the FaceWidgets music controller is in use.
- Screen orientation:
- Display the AOD in portrait or landscape mode.
- Auto brightness:
- Automatically adjust the brightness of Always On Display.
- About Always On Display:
- View the current software version and license
Always On Display themes:
Here’s how to apply custom themes for Always On Display.
- From the Home screen, touch and hold the screen, and tap Themes > AODs.
- Tap an AOD to preview and download it to My Always On Displays.
- Tap Navigation drawer > My stuff > AODs to see downloaded themes.
- Tap an AOD, and then tap Apply.
Here’s how to switch your Galaxy buds between your phone and tablet
If you own a pair of Galaxy Buds, you might want to use them with both your phone and tablet. But how do you switch between the two devices without having to manually disconnect and reconnect them? Don’t worry, you can do that as Samsung offers a function for Galaxy devices named “Auto switch to other devices”.
The Auto switch to other devices function allows your Galaxy Buds to automatically connect to the phone or tablet you’re using when you start a call or play media. This way, you don’t have to worry about missing a call or pausing your music when you switch devices. You can enjoy seamless audio across your Samsung devices.
To use this feature, you need to sign in to the same Samsung account on both your phone and tablet. This feature may vary depending on your device, so make sure you have the latest software update on both devices. You also need to enable Bluetooth on both devices and pair your Galaxy Buds with them.
To enable the auto switch feature, follow these steps:
- Tap on Earbuds settings.
- Tap on the Auto switch to other devices option
- Toggle on the switch, next to the devices you want to use with the auto switch.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy using your Galaxy Buds with both your phone and tablet without any issue. You can also disable the auto switch feature anytime by following the same steps and toggling off the switch.
Here’s how to add transitional effects on lock screen of your Samsung device
Samsung offers a bundle of features for lock screen customization on your Galaxy smartphone. In addition to the wallpaper, you can now add transition effects for lock screen wallpapers, all thanks to the Samsung Wonderland Good Lock module.
The new update of Samsung Wonderland added a new type of wallpaper that includes captivating transition effects when the user turns on the screen. It allows users to customize their experience by setting different wallpapers with transitions.
How to add transitional effects on the lock screen?
To apply the transition effect lock screen wallpaper, you just need to follow a few steps given below.
- Open Samsusng Wonderland app.
- Tap on the “Create your different lock screen effect” option.
- Select any one transitional wallpaper for the lock screen. You can also select it from the Gallery app.
- Now tap on the Set as Wallpaper option and it is done.
However, you can customize the transition effects type, Speed, thickness, Brightness, and Grayscale of the lock screen, just need to tap on the Edit option ahead of Set as wallpaper.
Here’s how to use Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 ‘Water Lock Mode’
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 offers a remarkable feature named Water Lock Mode. It prevents unintended interactions while submerged in water. This feature is a valuable addition, ensuring seamless functionality and peace of mind while wearing the Galaxy Watch 4 in the water.
There are two simple methods to activate Water Lock Mode on the Galaxy Watch 4. The first involves a quick swipe down to access the Quick Settings Panel, followed by tapping the Water Mode icon.
Alternatively, users can enable this mode through the device’s Settings menu by selecting “Advanced Features” and toggling on the “Water Lock” option. Once enabled, Water Lock Mode renders the touchscreen inactive, shielding the watch from accidental touches underwater.
To deactivate Water Lock Mode, users can press and hold the home key. The watch emits sounds to expel water from the speaker, while a gentle shake eliminates any moisture from the pressure sensor.