One UI 4 Tip: How to customize home screen apps with Samsung Home Up?
Alongside the Android 12 update, Samsung has also updated its several Good Lock modules with the latest One UI 4 support including Key Cafe, Home Up, and more. Although, here in this article, we are talking about how to set up home screen apps in the Home Up on One UI 4. So let’s first know about this task changer app of Good Lock.
If we’re talking about Samsung Home Up, it’s one of the Good Lock apps that let you customize your home screen, apps, and folders to enhance your One UI Home experience. With this app, you can adjust background blur effects, folder names, restore home screen layout, customize folder popup style and layout, and more.
How to customize the home screen with Samsung Home Up?
As the Home Up app offers various options to customize your home screen apps, folders, and more, below you can check out the steps by which you can set up the phone’s home screen in a better way.
- Firstly, Open Good Lock app
- Scroll down and click on Home Up, now, turn on toggle to use the application
- After that here you will find the following options:
- Home Screen
- Back up and Restore
- Share Manager
- Task Changer
- By clicking on the Home screen option, you can customize the home and app screen grid ratio as shown in the image below.
- Also, you can change the Favourite Max count number as per your choice.
- Alongside, you can also find many options to set layout and page looping in apps.
- At the bottom, you will find an option Background Blur Control, with the help of this option you can diversify the background when entering apps.
- You can clearly see the change in the screenshot below.
- Now, by clicking on the second option Folder, you can customize folder popup styles and layouts.
- Also, you can enable Back up and Restore option to restore the home screen layout.
- Lastly, you’ll find Task Changer, which customizes the recent app window type by adding a new layout that you can see below.
- Here you will find 5 layout styles
- Vertical List
- Slim List
Get notified –
Aside from SammyFans’ official Twitter and Facebook page, you can also join our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified of every latest development in Samsung and One UI ecosystem. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.
Samsung Galaxy Watch5 Tip: How to get a good night’s sleep
We spend about a third of our lives sleeping – during this time body and mind can come to rest. With the realization that a good night’s sleep is an important basis for our health, Samsung Galaxy Watch5 and Watch5 Pro support users in improving their sleep quality.
Measuring and analyzing sleep and starting everyday life more relaxed is a new trend. Around half of Galaxy Watch users track their sleep at least once a week, and 40% even more than three times a week. A better understanding of your sleep habits can make it easier to improve them and in turn, contribute to quality sleep.
Here’s how to get a good night’s sleep:
- Understand sleep patterns and adjust habits
Every person has their own sleeping rhythm and their own sleeping habits. The Samsung BioActive Sensor in the Galaxy Watch5 series can help to understand and, where possible, improve personal sleep needs.
Samsung’s technology can measure users’ sleep patterns whether they snore when the deep sleep phase begins, or how high the oxygen content is in the blood. With the Samsung Health app, these values can be easily viewed the following morning.
- Gathering this data can be the first step in establishing an efficient nighttime routine.
Samsung’s sleep analysis can help with this process by recording sleep behavior over seven days and then assigning it to one of eight animal symbols such as Alligator and Lion. Users also get helpful tips and instructions on exercise, nutrition, and mindfulness.
- For the ideal bedroom
The importance of a good sleeping environment should not be underestimated either. Details such as screen lighting or room temperature can have a major impact on sleep.
That’s why the sleep mode, which can be synced with the Galaxy Watch and Galaxy smartphones, silences distracting notifications before you fall asleep and turns the screen display into shades of gray.
In addition, the “Always On Display” function is deactivated. Sleep mode also prevents the Galaxy Watch from being accidentally activated when users touch the display or move their wrists.
Thanks to SmartThings, even more functions and features can be used for restful sleep. For example, compatible blinds, light switches, and air conditioning systems can be automatically controlled to fall asleep via the Galaxy Watch.
Samsung is constantly working to promote ideas and solutions for restful sleep and healthy sleeping habits. Through ongoing partnerships with industry leaders, including the National Sleep Foundation, Samsung provides practical insights to support healthy living habits.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
One UI 5.0
Here’s how to customize lock icon of Samsung Galaxy devices
You all have seen the lock icon on the lock screen of your Samsung smartphone, do you know that you can change its color, layout, and size as per your choice? If you do not know, then in this article we are going to tell you the steps to customize this small icon on your smartphone’s lock screen.
Samsung One UI offers many features for the Lock screen to easily customize it as well as allows you to access many functions directly. We can see a lot of things on the lock screen, which we can now easily edit and customize with touch and hold mode. Let’s see how to customize the small Lock Icon on your Galaxy smartphone.
How to customize the Lock Icon on your Galaxy smartphone?
You can easily change the shape and color of the Lock icon on your Samsung smartphone, just need to follow the steps mentioned below. Before we begin, install the Good Lock Module LockStar on your Galaxy smartphone.
- Open Good Lock App on your smartphone.
- In the Make up category, you can see the LockStar module, tap on it.
- You can see two toggles:
1. Lock Screen customization
2. Always on Display customization
- Turn On the Lock screen customization option by tapping on the toggle.
- Now, a lock screen customization page becomes more visible, click on it.
- Here you can see the Lock Icon on the top of the screen, press it.
- Click on the customization icon.
- Now, you can see options for Lock Icon customization.
1. Lock Icon: Here you can see 5 different Lock and Unlock pair icons. In addition, you can also create your own lock and unlock icons from Gallery images.
2. Color: You can choose your favorite color for lock and unlock icons.
- After selecting the color and Lock icon layout, you can press Save.
- It is done. Lock your smartphone and see the new Lock icon.
How to clear cache and optimize Samsung Galaxy S23 manually
Nowadays, vendors offer whopping internal storage in smartphones so you can keep a huge collection of data and files. Samsung smartphones run the Android and One UI software system, which also generates an app cache to run them smoothly. Guide: Here’s how to clear cache and optimize Samsung Galaxy S23 manually.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
Android app cache is a basic thing that can’t be considered as any flaw or bug. The cache files occupy a certain amount of storage portion, however, you can clear that with just a few steps. Once cleared, the cache will be created again, but, you can boost your phone’s performance with regular clearance.
In February 2023, Samsung launched the premium Galaxy S23 series, which is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy processor, Android 13 OS, faster flash memory, and more. Meanwhile, the apps can still generate cache files, which you should clear manually.
How to clear the cache and optimize Samsung Galaxy S23:
- Go to Settings > Apps
- Select an app
- Tap Storage
- Tap Clear cache
Open System Settings and tap Apps.
In the Apps interface, you will get all the apps installed on your phone listed in an alphabetical manner. Choose one you want to clear the cache of, scroll down the App info screen and tap Storage.
- Remember, don’t tap “Clear Data” button otherwise you will get logged out of the service or app.
In the bottom right corner of the screen, you’ll be able to see a Clear cache button. Simply, tap the Clear cache button and watch as the cache size goes to zero bytes.
Samsung Galaxy devices bring Optimize Now feature, which kills running services in realtime and optimizes the system performance and speed by clearing cache and temporary files. You will get this feature inside the Battery and device care tab.