Alongside the Android 12 update, Samsung has also updated its several Good Lock modules with the latest One UI 4 support including Key Cafe, Home Up, and more. Although, here in this article, we are talking about how to set up home screen apps in the Home Up on One UI 4. So let’s first know about this task changer app of Good Lock.
If we’re talking about Samsung Home Up, it’s one of the Good Lock apps that let you customize your home screen, apps, and folders to enhance your One UI Home experience. With this app, you can adjust background blur effects, folder names, restore home screen layout, customize folder popup style and layout, and more.
How to customize the home screen with Samsung Home Up?
As the Home Up app offers various options to customize your home screen apps, folders, and more, below you can check out the steps by which you can set up the phone’s home screen in a better way.
- Firstly, Open Good Lock app
- Scroll down and click on Home Up, now, turn on toggle to use the application
- After that here you will find the following options:
- Home Screen
- Back up and Restore
- Share Manager
- Task Changer
- By clicking on the Home screen option, you can customize the home and app screen grid ratio as shown in the image below.
- Also, you can change the Favourite Max count number as per your choice.
- Alongside, you can also find many options to set layout and page looping in apps.
- At the bottom, you will find an option Background Blur Control, with the help of this option you can diversify the background when entering apps.
- You can clearly see the change in the screenshot below.
- Now, by clicking on the second option Folder, you can customize folder popup styles and layouts.
- Also, you can enable Back up and Restore option to restore the home screen layout.
- Lastly, you’ll find Task Changer, which customizes the recent app window type by adding a new layout that you can see below.
- Here you will find 5 layout styles
- Vertical List
- Slim List
Here’s how to switch your Galaxy buds between your phone and tablet
If you own a pair of Galaxy Buds, you might want to use them with both your phone and tablet. But how do you switch between the two devices without having to manually disconnect and reconnect them? Don’t worry, you can do that as Samsung offers a function for Galaxy devices named “Auto switch to other devices”.
The Auto switch to other devices function allows your Galaxy Buds to automatically connect to the phone or tablet you’re using when you start a call or play media. This way, you don’t have to worry about missing a call or pausing your music when you switch devices. You can enjoy seamless audio across your Samsung devices.
To use this feature, you need to sign in to the same Samsung account on both your phone and tablet. This feature may vary depending on your device, so make sure you have the latest software update on both devices. You also need to enable Bluetooth on both devices and pair your Galaxy Buds with them.
To enable the auto switch feature, follow these steps:
- Tap on Earbuds settings.
- Tap on the Auto switch to other devices option
- Toggle on the switch, next to the devices you want to use with the auto switch.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy using your Galaxy Buds with both your phone and tablet without any issue. You can also disable the auto switch feature anytime by following the same steps and toggling off the switch.
Here’s how to add transitional effects on lock screen of your Samsung device
Samsung offers a bundle of features for lock screen customization on your Galaxy smartphone. In addition to the wallpaper, you can now add transition effects for lock screen wallpapers, all thanks to the Samsung Wonderland Good Lock module.
The new update of Samsung Wonderland added a new type of wallpaper that includes captivating transition effects when the user turns on the screen. It allows users to customize their experience by setting different wallpapers with transitions.
How to add transitional effects on the lock screen?
To apply the transition effect lock screen wallpaper, you just need to follow a few steps given below.
- Open Samsusng Wonderland app.
- Tap on the “Create your different lock screen effect” option.
- Select any one transitional wallpaper for the lock screen. You can also select it from the Gallery app.
- Now tap on the Set as Wallpaper option and it is done.
However, you can customize the transition effects type, Speed, thickness, Brightness, and Grayscale of the lock screen, just need to tap on the Edit option ahead of Set as wallpaper.
Here’s how to use Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 ‘Water Lock Mode’
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 offers a remarkable feature named Water Lock Mode. It prevents unintended interactions while submerged in water. This feature is a valuable addition, ensuring seamless functionality and peace of mind while wearing the Galaxy Watch 4 in the water.
There are two simple methods to activate Water Lock Mode on the Galaxy Watch 4. The first involves a quick swipe down to access the Quick Settings Panel, followed by tapping the Water Mode icon.
Alternatively, users can enable this mode through the device’s Settings menu by selecting “Advanced Features” and toggling on the “Water Lock” option. Once enabled, Water Lock Mode renders the touchscreen inactive, shielding the watch from accidental touches underwater.
To deactivate Water Lock Mode, users can press and hold the home key. The watch emits sounds to expel water from the speaker, while a gentle shake eliminates any moisture from the pressure sensor.