Samsung has packed various tons of new features in its Android 12 update, with everything from multi-function upgrades to animated emoji on Samsung’s keyboard. Among the numbers of changes, Camera and Gallery UI are visible as they take user experience to the next level.
The essential Camera UI gets a simple, clear design in the Android 12/One UI 4.0 update, with a preview that shows only the information you need. The scene optimizer button will only appear in image mode when there is low light or scanning a document.
Samsung One UI 4.0 Camera UI
- Breaking: Samsung One UI 4 Beta 3 Hotfix update (Android 12) released for Galaxy S21
- One UI 4.1 Eligible Devices: Next Samsung Android 12 update after One UI 4.0
This compares with the One UI 3, where the expansion button appears in all lighting conditions. Portrait and Night mode settings are still accurate, so you can choose the right amount of bokeh or adjust the night lighting easily.
Tapping and holding the shutter button when in default photo mode makes video recording as fast as your default setting, but now you have the power to swipe the key to record video in its place. This can be very helpful if you want to record a video quickly on the level.
Pro video mode has been used here as well as other short transitions with very clear text. This probably won’t make much difference but you should also be aware that the grid lines also work here by default.
The Pro mode settings have been simplified and rearranged to look clean. When the grid lines are open, horizontal level indicators help you to adjust the shot with the best balance. You can now see the zoom level in the lens icons for easy zoom, or in modes that only support the main lens.
Video is also being improved, as the recording now starts when you press the record button, instead of releasing it. This is a minor problem, but it is something that has irritated me in previous versions of Samsung’s software.
With Single Take, you can now add extra time while recording so you don’t miss important moments. After the recording is complete, the content selection menu has been upgraded to help you easily select the appropriate shots.
One uncommon removal from the Camera settings menu is the automatic use of a wide-angle lens for group selfies. This option is available on my Galaxy Z Fold 3 using One UI 3.1, but not available in One UI 4 Beta. Scanning the QR code is very effective in One UI 4, there are many options available depending on the content of the scanned code.
Aside from SammyFans’ official Twitter and Facebook page, you can also join our Telegram channel and subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified of every latest development in Samsung and One UI ecosystem. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.
One UI 6 Beta 5 for Samsung Galaxy S23 arrives: Fixes touch, camera, rebooting, and more issues
Samsung is rolling out a One UI 6 Beta 5 update for Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus, and Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphone users in the UK. The update is part of the One UI 6 Beta program, which allows users to test the latest features and improvements before the stable release.
One UI 5 Beta 6 update of the Samsung Galaxy S23 series can be identified through PDA ending with ZWIK and weighs around 750 MB. It brings several bug fixes and enhancements to the Galaxy S23 series devices.
The update fixes a bundle of issues that users encountered in the last beta version, mainly related to call recording, ghost touch, Camera, motion photo, Maintenance mode, and more.
- Fixed the problem of not being able to record during a call
- Fixed no touch at the bottom of the screen or
ghost touch issue
- Fixed the issues of stuck after entering camera, forced termination. and not being able to take pictures
- Fixed the problem of not being able to use Motion Photo
- Fixed infinite rebooting problem when entering Maintenance Mode
- Many other improvements
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5, Flip 5 to receive One UI 6.0 beta in October, Community Moderator confirms
One UI 6.0 Beta update for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5 has been delayed, which was scheduled to be released in late September 2023. This announcement is made by Samsung’s Community Moderator through a comment on the Samsung Members app.
For this delay, the moderator stated that more work is required to ensure the stability of the One UI 6.0 beta software for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5 smartphones.
In addition, the official assured that the company will do its best to deliver stable software so that the beta version can be launched as early as possible in October after the Chuseok holiday, which is a significant Korean festival that falls in late September this year.
Previously, Samsung’s community moderator had disclosed that the One UI team was working diligently in development and review to complete the beta version with the aim of distributing it within September. However, it seems that the team encountered some issues that required more time to fix.
5 One UI 5.1.1 enhancements now available for Samsung Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71
Samsung has started releasing One UI 5.1.1 update for Galaxy A51 5G and Galaxy A71 5G smartphones. The update is rolling out on the Verizon network in the US. The latest update installs the August 2023 security patch to improve system security and stability.
One UI 5.1.1 update for Samsung Galaxy A51 5G and Galaxy A71 5G update brings new features and enhancements to Gallery, Samsung Health, Hotspot, Device Care, and Quick Share.
- Galaxy A71 5G – A716VSQU8GWH2
- Galaxy A51 5G – A516VSQU8GWH2
This software update provides One UI 5.1.1, with enhancements to Gallery, Samsung Health, and Hotspot. For more information, open the Tips app > “What’s new in One UI 5”. The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
- Added more date/time styles for watermarks.
- Copy/paste effects.
- Remaster picture: Added Focus view to highlight individuals.
- When paired with Galaxy Watch, Samsung Health now provides upgraded sleep management, including Sleep Score Factors, Sleep Consistency and Sleep Animal Symbols. You can also access Sleep Coaching from your Galaxy Watch to track your progress and stay motivated throughout the day.
- Added Private Sharing to set time limits and prevent recipients from resharing files.
- Added Share to contacts to quickly find your contacts and share files.
- Enhanced memory management.
- Added option to clear app cache.
- Added Memory resident apps option for managing processes.
- Added dashboard for hotspot mobile data usage.
- Added data limits and time limits for managing hotspot usage.
- Added one-time password to provide temporary access to hotspot.