One UI 4.0 Tip: How to enable Wi-Fi calling on Samsung phones?
Recently, Samsung has started recruiting One UI 4 beta program for its latest foldable smartphone Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 in South Korea and India. The beta program allows users to experience the upcoming features and changes of the new operating system.
The One UI 4 based on Android 12 comes with new and improved customization and privacy capabilities that give users control over many aspects of their mobile experience. However, here we are talking about the Wi-Fi calling feature on One UI 4.
If you have a Wi-Fi connection in an area with little or no cellular network coverage, the Wi-Fi calling feature allows you to make or receive calls. You can make voice calls over the connected Wi-Fi network instead of using the mobile operator’s network connection.
How to enable Wi-Fi calling on Samsung devices?
When you turn on Wi-Fi Calling on One UI 4, you can make calls over your phone’s Wi-Fi network connection. For this feature to work, your phone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network and have an active SIM card inserted.
Read more: One UI 4.1 Eligible Devices: Next Samsung Android 12 update after One UI 4.0
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap More options (the three vertical dots),
- Then tap Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi Calling
- Then tap the switch to turn the feature on. If you receive a popup asking you to enter your Emergency contact information, review and enter the requested information, and then tap Save.
- Wi-Fi calls will now be enabled. To turn Wi-Fi Calling off, just tap the switch again.
For Wi-Fi Calling to work, verify:
- Wi-Fi is turned on and connected.
- HD Voice is first activated while in the Verizon wireless coverage area (can’t be activated internationally).
Furthermore, to use Wi-Fi Calling, you need to insert an active SIM card from a carrier that supports this feature. Check with your carrier if your SIM card is supported. If this does not resolve the issue or allow access to the feature, please contact your carrier for further assistance.
Aside from SammyFans’ official Twitter and Facebook page, you can also join our Telegram channel and subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified of every latest development in Samsung and One UI ecosystem. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.
Here’s how to use self diagnosis function on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, Watch 4
Samsung provides a self-diagnosis function for the Galaxy Watch to check on the health of your watch. Earlier this year, the company released a major update for the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 5 that added self-diagnosis and camera controller functions.
To check for problems when using your Samsung Galaxy device, you can use the self-diagnosis function to test your device itself. Self-diagnosis allows you to test your device directly and fix simple problems yourself.
It is worth mentioning that the Self-diagnosis function is only available for Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, Galaxy Watch Classic, Galaxy Watch 5, and Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.
Let’s see how to use the Self-diagnosis function on your eligible Galaxy Watch.
Before your start Self Diagnosis
Before starting the self-diagnosis, it is mandatory to update the following three things to the latest version.
- Samsung Members App
- Samsung Wearable App
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 4/5 software
If these three things are updated or have just been updated, then restart the mobile once.
How to use Samsung Galaxy Watch Self-diagnosis function?
- Open the Samsung Members app on your Galaxy smartphone.
- Press on the Support menu located at the bottom right corner.
- Select the device to be diagnosed in Connected Device Diagnosis.
- Now, you can see the self-diagnosis test screen.
- You can test them individually by selecting the icon for the features you think are problematic and want to diagnose.
After the self-diagnosis, a check icon will appear on the feature icon if it doesn’t have a problem, and an exclamation mark will appear for any feature that has a problem or hasn’t been tested.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
If you click on the icon, you can see the details of the diagnosis. If you want to see questions and solutions related to that issue, you can click View-related FAQs to view the content.
If the problem persists after performing the self-diagnosis and corrective action in case of abnormality or problem with the Galaxy device, visit the nearest Samsung service center to have the device checked.
Samsung Galaxy Watch5 Tip: How to get a good night’s sleep
We spend about a third of our lives sleeping – during this time body and mind can come to rest. With the realization that a good night’s sleep is an important basis for our health, Samsung Galaxy Watch5 and Watch5 Pro support users in improving their sleep quality.
Measuring and analyzing sleep and starting everyday life more relaxed is a new trend. Around half of Galaxy Watch users track their sleep at least once a week, and 40% even more than three times a week. A better understanding of your sleep habits can make it easier to improve them and in turn, contribute to quality sleep.
Here’s how to get a good night’s sleep:
- Understand sleep patterns and adjust habits
Every person has their own sleeping rhythm and their own sleeping habits. The Samsung BioActive Sensor in the Galaxy Watch5 series can help to understand and, where possible, improve personal sleep needs.
Samsung’s technology can measure users’ sleep patterns whether they snore when the deep sleep phase begins, or how high the oxygen content is in the blood. With the Samsung Health app, these values can be easily viewed the following morning.
- Gathering this data can be the first step in establishing an efficient nighttime routine.
Samsung’s sleep analysis can help with this process by recording sleep behavior over seven days and then assigning it to one of eight animal symbols such as Alligator and Lion. Users also get helpful tips and instructions on exercise, nutrition, and mindfulness.
- For the ideal bedroom
The importance of a good sleeping environment should not be underestimated either. Details such as screen lighting or room temperature can have a major impact on sleep.
That’s why the sleep mode, which can be synced with the Galaxy Watch and Galaxy smartphones, silences distracting notifications before you fall asleep and turns the screen display into shades of gray.
In addition, the “Always On Display” function is deactivated. Sleep mode also prevents the Galaxy Watch from being accidentally activated when users touch the display or move their wrists.
Thanks to SmartThings, even more functions and features can be used for restful sleep. For example, compatible blinds, light switches, and air conditioning systems can be automatically controlled to fall asleep via the Galaxy Watch.
Samsung is constantly working to promote ideas and solutions for restful sleep and healthy sleeping habits. Through ongoing partnerships with industry leaders, including the National Sleep Foundation, Samsung provides practical insights to support healthy living habits.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
One UI 5.0
Here’s how to customize lock icon of Samsung Galaxy devices
You all have seen the lock icon on the lock screen of your Samsung smartphone, do you know that you can change its color, layout, and size as per your choice? If you do not know, then in this article we are going to tell you the steps to customize this small icon on your smartphone’s lock screen.
Samsung One UI offers many features for the Lock screen to easily customize it as well as allows you to access many functions directly. We can see a lot of things on the lock screen, which we can now easily edit and customize with touch and hold mode. Let’s see how to customize the small Lock Icon on your Galaxy smartphone.
How to customize the Lock Icon on your Galaxy smartphone?
You can easily change the shape and color of the Lock icon on your Samsung smartphone, just need to follow the steps mentioned below. Before we begin, install the Good Lock Module LockStar on your Galaxy smartphone.
- Open Good Lock App on your smartphone.
- In the Make up category, you can see the LockStar module, tap on it.
- You can see two toggles:
1. Lock Screen customization
2. Always on Display customization
- Turn On the Lock screen customization option by tapping on the toggle.
- Now, a lock screen customization page becomes more visible, click on it.
- Here you can see the Lock Icon on the top of the screen, press it.
- Click on the customization icon.
- Now, you can see options for Lock Icon customization.
1. Lock Icon: Here you can see 5 different Lock and Unlock pair icons. In addition, you can also create your own lock and unlock icons from Gallery images.
2. Color: You can choose your favorite color for lock and unlock icons.
- After selecting the color and Lock icon layout, you can press Save.
- It is done. Lock your smartphone and see the new Lock icon.