In February 2020, at the Unpacked event, Samsung added three new flagship smartphones in its Galaxy S-series, Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra as a successor to the Galaxy S10 series. Just recently, the company has announced the Galaxy S20 FE in September 2020 as a less expensive version with the same chipsets.
Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra were launched with pre-packed One UI 2.1 based on Android 10 and currently running on the One UI 2.5 while the Galaxy S20 FE comes packed with One UI 2.5 out of the box. All four devices are on the list of getting major OS upgrades up to Android 13.
Join us on Telegram
So, we’ve decided to keep a track of all the software/firmware updates coming for the Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, and S20 FE. In this article, you will get all the information about every update for the Galaxy S20 series.
September 2021 Security Patch
Samsung is now releasing the September 2021 security patch update to the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra devices in Europe. You can check the software version numbers below.
- Galaxy S20 – G981BXXSADUH5
- Galaxy S20 Plus – G986BXXSADUH5
- Galaxy S20 Ultra – G988BXXSADUH5
July 2021 Security Patch
- [April 14, 2021] New Samsung Galaxy S20 FE firmware update brings touchscreen improvements
- [April 12, 2021] Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20 receiving April 2021 security update
- [April 10, 2021] Samsung Galaxy S20 FE users started getting April 2021 security update
- [April 07, 2021] Samsung Galaxy S20 starts receiving April 2021 security update
- [March 19, 2021] Samsung Galaxy S20 users getting new camera performance improvements via OTA
- [February 21, 2020] Another new update comes with system improvements for Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- [January 13, 2020] [UPDATE: Rolling out in India] Samsung rolling out another touchscreen issue fix update for Galaxy S20 FE along with November 2020 security patch
- [November 09, 2020] Samsung rolling out another touchscreen issue fix update for Galaxy S20 FE along with November 2020 security patch
- [November 03, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S20 series gets November 2020 security patch in the U.S.
- [November 02, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S20 series receiving a new software update
ONE UI 3.1 UPDATES: [Available Widely]
- [February 20, 2021] Samsung Galaxy S20 One UI 3.1 firmware update rolling out in India
ONE UI 3.0 UPDATES: [Completed]
- [November 10, 2020] Samsung starts Android 11/One UI 3.0 development for the Galaxy Z Fold 2 and S20 FE
- [November 05, 2020] Galaxy S20 gets Google Play protect certificate after latest One UI 3.0 beta, stable coming soon
ONE UI 3.0 BETA UPDATES: [Closed]
- [November 21, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S20 series getting One UI 3.0 Beta 7 in South Korea
- [November 19, 2020] [UPDATE: In UK too] Samsung rolling out new One UI 3.0 beta update for Galaxy S20 series in Germany
- [November 19, 2020] Samsung One UI 3.0 Beta 6 arrives at Galaxy S20 in the US, stable release may be near
- [November 19, 2020] Sprint Galaxy S20 series getting new One UI 3.0 beta update
- [November 18, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S20 series receiving latest One UI 3.0 Beta 5 in India
- [November 18, 2020] Samsung rolling out One UI 3.0 Beta 6 for Galaxy S20 series in South Korea
- [November 18, 2020] Samsung rolling out new One UI 3.0 beta update for Galaxy S20 series in UK and Germany
- [November 13, 2020] Breaking: Latest One UI 3.0 beta for Samsung Galaxy S20 series arrived with December 2020 security patch in India and UK
- [November 13, 2020] Samsung rolling out One UI 3.0 Beta 5 for Galaxy S20 series in South Korea
- [November 11, 2020] [UPDATE: Rolling out in India] Samsung Galaxy S20 series getting third One UI 3.0 beta in Poland and U.K.
- [November 10, 2020] Samsung is now rolling out fifth One UI 3.0 beta for the Galaxy S20 series in Germany
- [November 05, 2020] App icons disappearing after recent One UI 3.0 beta update for Galaxy S20 series
- [November 04, 2020] Galaxy S20 series One UI 3.0 Beta 4 has some serious bugs, build pulled by Samsung
- [November 04, 2020] Samsung One UI 3.0 fourth beta rolling out for Galaxy S20 series
Note: This article will be updated regularly.
Samsung devices that are eligible for four years of Android and One UI upgrades
Samsung always puts the utmost effort to provide the latest mobile experience to Galaxy users. The company constantly enhances the experience of using its Galaxy devices via new updates. Last year, Samsung set a new standard with four years of Android OS upgrades to ensure the most up-to-date experience.
In addition to offering the extended One UI upgrade, Samsung also promised to provide five years of security updates to protect eligible Galaxy devices. Secured by Samsung Knox, Galaxy devices’ security update delivers end-to-end protection against potential security threats.
Earlier, Samsung used to provide only third-generation OS updates but then the company updated its policy so that Galaxy users could enjoy the latest mobile experience for a longer period of time.
Four generations of Samsung’s One UI (Android OS) and five years of security upgrades policy are applicable to Galaxy S series, Z series, and select Galaxy A/M/F series smartphones, as well as some tablets and watches.
Samsung Galaxy devices eligible for four years of Android OS upgrades
Galaxy S Series
- Samsung Galaxy S23
- Samsung Galaxy S23+
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S22
- Samsung Galaxy S22+
- Samsung Galaxy S22Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S21 (Up to Android 15)
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ (Up to Android 15)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (Up to Android 15)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE (Up to Android 16)
- Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S phones
Galaxy Z Series
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 (Up to Android 15)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 (Up to Android 15)
- Upcoming Samsung Galaxy Z series devices
Galaxy A series
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A54 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A73 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A24
Galaxy M series
- Samsung Galaxy M54
Galaxy M series
- Samsung Galaxy F54
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- All upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab S-series devices
Samsung Nice Catch Good Lock module gets One UI 5.1.1 support
Samsung is expected to unveil its Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Galaxy Z Flip 5 smartphones in late July or early August this year which will come with a new Android 13-based software iteration – One UI 5.1.1. Even before the official release, the company has started rolling out One UI 5.1.1 support for stock apps, and the Good Lock module Samsung Nice Catch is the first app to get it.
The Korean tech giant is rolling out a new update for the Samsung Nice Catch app, which arrives with version 5.0.01.02. The update is available on Galaxy Store with an installation package size of 6.45 MB.
The June 2023 update for the Samsung Nice Catch app comes with One UI 5.1.1 support. Through this update, the company wants to make the app compatible with the upcoming One UI version, so that whenever the company releases it, the app will continue to work without issue and will not crash. In addition to this, the company brings some minor improvements to enhance the overall performance.
The latest update is available for Galaxy devices running Android 13-based One UI 5.1 only. At the moment, the update is releasing gradually so it may take time to reach all eligible Galaxy devices. The company will soon make up available for all devices.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
You can check the latest update of the Nice Catch Good Lock module app through Galaxy Store >> Menu option >> Updates.
Samsung One UI June 2023 Devices – Monthly and Quarterly [List]
On the 6th day of the sixth month of this year, Samsung has published the updated details of the June 2023 security patch and revised the list of monthly and quarterly updates for Samsung devices. The company has begun rolling out the latest patch for Galaxy devices, starting with the Galaxy Z Fold 4.
Samsung June 2023 Update Plan
According to the Scope page, Samsung’s June 2023 plan provides Monthly Security Updates for 38 Galaxy devices and Quarterly Security Updates for 65 Galaxy devices. Aside from Monthly and Quarterly, the company is committed to supporting 48 devices with Biannual Security Updates.
Let’s see the updated Monthly and Quarterly Plan for June 2023 for Samsung devices.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
Samsung Monthly Updates Devices
- Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy Z Fold4, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip4, W23, W23 flip
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra, Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy A54 5G, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Samsung Quarterly Updates Devices
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, W22 5G
- Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, Galaxy Note10 Lite
- Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03s, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A23 5G, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy A04, Galaxy A04s, Galaxy A04e, Galaxy A14, Galaxy A14 5G, Galaxy A34 5G
- Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M22, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G,Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M23 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G, Galaxy M04, Galaxy M14 5G, Galaxy M54 5G
- Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F13, Galaxy F04, Galaxy F14 5G
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3, Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy XCover4s, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro, Galaxy Xcover Pro
Samsung Biannual Updates Devices
- Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A01, Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A42 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51
- Galaxy M12, Galaxy M62
- Galaxy F12, Galaxy F62
- Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020), Galaxy Tab A7
- Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Tab S7+
- W20 5G, W21 5G
Wearables Eligible for Security Updates
- Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic
- Galaxy Watch5, Galaxy Watch5 Pro