In February 2020, at the Unpacked event, Samsung added three new flagship smartphones in its Galaxy S-series, Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra as a successor to the Galaxy S10 series. Just recently, the company has announced the Galaxy S20 FE in September 2020 as a less expensive version with the same chipsets.
Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra were launched with pre-packed One UI 2.1 based on Android 10 and currently running on the One UI 2.5 while the Galaxy S20 FE comes packed with One UI 2.5 out of the box. All four devices are on the list of getting major OS upgrades up to Android 13.
So, we’ve decided to keep a track of all the software/firmware updates coming for the Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, and S20 FE. In this article, you will get all the information about every update for the Galaxy S20 series.
September 2021 Security Patch
Samsung is now releasing the September 2021 security patch update to the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra devices in Europe. You can check the software version numbers below.
- Galaxy S20 – G981BXXSADUH5
- Galaxy S20 Plus – G986BXXSADUH5
- Galaxy S20 Ultra – G988BXXSADUH5
July 2021 Security Patch
- [April 14, 2021] New Samsung Galaxy S20 FE firmware update brings touchscreen improvements
- [April 12, 2021] Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20 receiving April 2021 security update
- [April 10, 2021] Samsung Galaxy S20 FE users started getting April 2021 security update
- [April 07, 2021] Samsung Galaxy S20 starts receiving April 2021 security update
- [March 19, 2021] Samsung Galaxy S20 users getting new camera performance improvements via OTA
- [February 21, 2020] Another new update comes with system improvements for Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- [January 13, 2020] [UPDATE: Rolling out in India] Samsung rolling out another touchscreen issue fix update for Galaxy S20 FE along with November 2020 security patch
- [November 09, 2020] Samsung rolling out another touchscreen issue fix update for Galaxy S20 FE along with November 2020 security patch
- [November 03, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S20 series gets November 2020 security patch in the U.S.
- [November 02, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S20 series receiving a new software update
ONE UI 3.1 UPDATES: [Available Widely]
- [February 20, 2021] Samsung Galaxy S20 One UI 3.1 firmware update rolling out in India
ONE UI 3.0 UPDATES: [Completed]
- [November 10, 2020] Samsung starts Android 11/One UI 3.0 development for the Galaxy Z Fold 2 and S20 FE
- [November 05, 2020] Galaxy S20 gets Google Play protect certificate after latest One UI 3.0 beta, stable coming soon
ONE UI 3.0 BETA UPDATES: [Closed]
- [November 21, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S20 series getting One UI 3.0 Beta 7 in South Korea
- [November 19, 2020] [UPDATE: In UK too] Samsung rolling out new One UI 3.0 beta update for Galaxy S20 series in Germany
- [November 19, 2020] Samsung One UI 3.0 Beta 6 arrives at Galaxy S20 in the US, stable release may be near
- [November 19, 2020] Sprint Galaxy S20 series getting new One UI 3.0 beta update
- [November 18, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S20 series receiving latest One UI 3.0 Beta 5 in India
- [November 18, 2020] Samsung rolling out One UI 3.0 Beta 6 for Galaxy S20 series in South Korea
- [November 18, 2020] Samsung rolling out new One UI 3.0 beta update for Galaxy S20 series in UK and Germany
- [November 13, 2020] Breaking: Latest One UI 3.0 beta for Samsung Galaxy S20 series arrived with December 2020 security patch in India and UK
- [November 13, 2020] Samsung rolling out One UI 3.0 Beta 5 for Galaxy S20 series in South Korea
- [November 11, 2020] [UPDATE: Rolling out in India] Samsung Galaxy S20 series getting third One UI 3.0 beta in Poland and U.K.
- [November 10, 2020] Samsung is now rolling out fifth One UI 3.0 beta for the Galaxy S20 series in Germany
- [November 05, 2020] App icons disappearing after recent One UI 3.0 beta update for Galaxy S20 series
- [November 04, 2020] Galaxy S20 series One UI 3.0 Beta 4 has some serious bugs, build pulled by Samsung
- [November 04, 2020] Samsung One UI 3.0 fourth beta rolling out for Galaxy S20 series
Note: This article will be updated regularly.
One UI 6 Beta 5 for Samsung Galaxy S23 arrives: Fixes touch, camera, rebooting, and more issues
Samsung is rolling out a One UI 6 Beta 5 update for Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus, and Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphone users in the UK. The update is part of the One UI 6 Beta program, which allows users to test the latest features and improvements before the stable release.
One UI 5 Beta 6 update of the Samsung Galaxy S23 series can be identified through PDA ending with ZWIK and weighs around 750 MB. It brings several bug fixes and enhancements to the Galaxy S23 series devices.
The update fixes a bundle of issues that users encountered in the last beta version, mainly related to call recording, ghost touch, Camera, motion photo, Maintenance mode, and more.
- Fixed the problem of not being able to record during a call
- Fixed no touch at the bottom of the screen or
ghost touch issue
- Fixed the issues of stuck after entering camera, forced termination. and not being able to take pictures
- Fixed the problem of not being able to use Motion Photo
- Fixed infinite rebooting problem when entering Maintenance Mode
- Many other improvements
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5, Flip 5 to receive One UI 6.0 beta in October, Community Moderator confirms
One UI 6.0 Beta update for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5 has been delayed, which was scheduled to be released in late September 2023. This announcement is made by Samsung’s Community Moderator through a comment on the Samsung Members app.
For this delay, the moderator stated that more work is required to ensure the stability of the One UI 6.0 beta software for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5 smartphones.
In addition, the official assured that the company will do its best to deliver stable software so that the beta version can be launched as early as possible in October after the Chuseok holiday, which is a significant Korean festival that falls in late September this year.
Previously, Samsung’s community moderator had disclosed that the One UI team was working diligently in development and review to complete the beta version with the aim of distributing it within September. However, it seems that the team encountered some issues that required more time to fix.
5 One UI 5.1.1 enhancements now available for Samsung Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71
Samsung has started releasing One UI 5.1.1 update for Galaxy A51 5G and Galaxy A71 5G smartphones. The update is rolling out on the Verizon network in the US. The latest update installs the August 2023 security patch to improve system security and stability.
One UI 5.1.1 update for Samsung Galaxy A51 5G and Galaxy A71 5G update brings new features and enhancements to Gallery, Samsung Health, Hotspot, Device Care, and Quick Share.
- Galaxy A71 5G – A716VSQU8GWH2
- Galaxy A51 5G – A516VSQU8GWH2
This software update provides One UI 5.1.1, with enhancements to Gallery, Samsung Health, and Hotspot. For more information, open the Tips app > “What’s new in One UI 5”. The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
- Added more date/time styles for watermarks.
- Copy/paste effects.
- Remaster picture: Added Focus view to highlight individuals.
- When paired with Galaxy Watch, Samsung Health now provides upgraded sleep management, including Sleep Score Factors, Sleep Consistency and Sleep Animal Symbols. You can also access Sleep Coaching from your Galaxy Watch to track your progress and stay motivated throughout the day.
- Added Private Sharing to set time limits and prevent recipients from resharing files.
- Added Share to contacts to quickly find your contacts and share files.
- Enhanced memory management.
- Added option to clear app cache.
- Added Memory resident apps option for managing processes.
- Added dashboard for hotspot mobile data usage.
- Added data limits and time limits for managing hotspot usage.
- Added one-time password to provide temporary access to hotspot.