A few days ago, Samsung released the June 2021 security patch to the Galaxy S21 series devices, followed by Galaxy Z Flip 5G. However, plenty of Galaxy phones and tablets are yet to receive the current month’s security patch, even some of them are getting the previous month’s patch, as per eligibility.
In a recent development, Verizon branded Galaxy Note 10 series phones have started grabbing a new firmware update in the US. Identified via release number FUD9, the latest update installs the May 2021 security patch, which was already distributed to the international unlocked units two weeks ago.
Other than the May patch, the new Galaxy Note 10 update brings improvements to the One UI 3.1’s Quick Share feature for better file sharing between Galaxy devices. The changelog also shows system stability enhancements as every new OTA update does the same for a better overall user experience.
You can check the software versions of the new releases and the new update log below.
- Galaxy Note 10 – N970USQU6FUD9
- Galaxy Note 10+ – N975USQU6FUD9
- Galaxy Note 10+ 5G – N976VVRU6FUD9
This software update provides:
- The latest security patch on your device.
- Enhancements to Quick Share for easily sharing files to other Android devices.
- Other performance improvements.
Here’s how to check for updates manually!
- Open device Settings,
- Select the Software updates menu,
- Tap on Download and install.
- If the update has arrived for you. 🙂