Samsung’s One UI 3.1 update spreading everywhere as dozens of Galaxy devices upgraded to this version globally. The company has impressively managing to deliver this major update to not only flagships but mid-rangers and budgets too.
On the other hand, a large number of Galaxy models were already disqualified from getting the Android 11 update as they have received two generations of Android upgrades and completed their major s/w update lifecycle. Meanwhile, developers found a tricky way to offer a chance to these device owners by installing port ROMs.
Previously, we’ve discussed the One UI 3.1 (unofficial) update for the Galaxy S9/S9+, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy A7, Galaxy A8/A8+. Today, we are here with the Android 11-based One UI 3.1 port ROM for the Galaxy M30 and Galaxy M20 smartphone users, courtesy of XDADevelopers.
Also known as “TreeUI+,” this One UI 3.1 firmware is a port of the Exynos-powered Galaxy S20’s firmware (G980FXXS6DUBA) for the Galaxy M30 and Galaxy M20 handsets. If you are using one of these phones and wanna taste the flavor of the latest software system of Samsung, you just need a Lil bit of knowledge about custom installation.
Just like any other custom s/w installation, the “TreeUI+” can be installed only when your Galaxy M30 or Galaxy M20 has TWRP installed before flashing. However, the Galaxy A7 and A8/A8+ models get the TreeUI while this upgraded version (TreeUI+) comes with plenty of fixes as well as improvements, which are mentioned below:
- Headphone jack fully fixed
- Probably fixed AROMA freezes
- Added Photo and Video editor
- Fixed S Notes
- Fixed WiFi QR codes
- Removed Super Fast Charging, only left Fast charging in place, since we don’t have Super Fast Charging
- Added experimental VoLTE
- Added Dual Messenger
- Fixed booting on non-treble Canadian and Korean A8
As always, this is a port ROM that also has some issues related to the system functions such as stock Camera, face unlock, flashlight intensity control, etc. Still, you will be getting a number of upgrades over the current One UI 2.0 version that is running on your Galaxy M30 or Galaxy M20 smartphone.
WHAT DOESN’T WORK:
- Samsung Camera (3rd party apps could work)
- Face unlock
- Torch intensity control
- Jack has some faint noises while no media is playing
DOWNLOAD ANDROID 11/ONE UI 3.1 PORT:
Note: Try custom installation at your own risk.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
- Join SammyFans on Telegram
- Like SammyFans.com on Facebook
- Follow SammyFans on Twitter
- Get the latest insights through Google News
- Send us tips at – Screenshot@sammyfans.com