When it comes to software updates, Samsung is killing it with the Android 11-based One UI 3 and the latest April 2021 security patch. The company is impressively delivering various types of software updates to its millions of Galaxy devices.
Aside from smartphones, Samsung is also bringing all-new features to its wearable segment. Now, the company’s first-gen Galaxy Watch started getting a major firmware update in the United States, which brings the latest Tizen OS and a set of new features.
According to the Verizon support page, this new update for the Galaxy Watch users installs the Tizen OS 5.5 version. Moreover, the Smart Reply is one of the newly added features that allow you to easily reply to the notifications through suggested messages.
Aside from this, you are now able to use the AR Emoji (a.k.a. Bitmoji) directly from your smartphone on the Galaxy Watch. Furthermore, the new SmartThings Find lets users locate your smartwatch even when it’s offline. Lastly, the watch is now allows to take screenshots and send them to the paired smartphone.
However, this update is rolling out in different phases and may take some time to become available widely. Till then, you can check the release versions and download steps, which are mentioned below.
Samsung Galaxy Watch [Verizon]
- Software Version for 46mm: R805USQU1DUB4
- Software Version for 42mm: R815USQU1DUB4
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO UPDATE WATCH SOFTWARE USING THE PHONE
- Launch Galaxy Wearable app.
- Tap on Home > Watches software update.
- Go to Download and install.
- Hit Install now if an update is available.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
- Join SammyFans on Telegram
- Like SammyFans.com on Facebook
- Follow SammyFans on Twitter
- Get the latest insights through Google News
- Send us tips at – Screenshot@sammyfans.com