On January 14, 2021, Samsung launched the Galaxy S21 series smartphones. This flagship lineup consists of three handsets – Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra. The company offers these devices in two different variants in terms of processor. The Snapdragon 888 powered variants are available for select markets including the US, China while the Exynos 2100 version of other regions including Europe and India.
These phones come pre-installed with the Android 11-based One UI 3.1 version which is a huge customizable UI. However, a large number of developers and modders still want to customize the system as well as the functions of the Galaxy S21 models. For this, the TWRP is the top choice of these users to install custom recoveries, unofficial ports, etc.
TWRP (AKA Team Win Recovery Project) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. With its touchscreen-enabled interface, smartphone users can use its different tools to flash custom ROMs, restore, backup, and more.
However, the TWRP ROM is already available for several Galaxy smartphones and tablets. Now, the company’s latest Galaxy S21 series users can get the unofficial TWRP builds, thanks to XDA member afaneh92 for compiling separate sets of unofficial TWRP 3.5.0 builds.
Download TWRP 3.5.0 for the Samsung Galaxy S21 series:
Snapdragon 888 variants:
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G – Download Link (o1q)
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G – Download Link (t2q)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G – Download Link (p3q)
Exynos 2100 variants:
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G – Download Link (o1s)
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G – Download Link ( t2s)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G – Download Link (p3s)
Conditions of TWRP installation:
- A model with an unlockable bootloader,
- The US versions not suitable for modding because it is locked,
- Installing a third-party binary will permanently trip Knox
- Permanently lose access to Samsung Pay and security features such as Secure Folder
Download the latest TWRP image file (.img) from the above download link and boot TWRP. Go to install and find and select the Images… button. Browse to the image that you downloaded and select it.
According to the developer, “Make sure you read through the step-by-step installation instructions to avoid running into bootloop or other issues. You have to wipe the whole user data partition of your phone in order to get rid of the stock encryption, so do perform a backup beforehand.”
| Source |