Earlier this month, Samsung released the One UI 3.1 features for the Galaxy S20 FE smartphones in select countries. After the Galaxy Tab S7 lineup, this affordable flagship has become the second to get the One UI 3.1 over the air. Meanwhile, the company has also pulled the firmware for some time due to unknown regions. Later, this device has again started getting the 3.1 version of One UI.
According to the latest information, Verizon bounded Samsung Galaxy S20 FE phones have begun receiving the One UI 3.1 update in the US. Users can identify this update via firmware version G781VSQU2DUB8 which also includes the February 2021 security patch for increased device protection. The One UI 3.1 iteration brings some exciting new features, system optimizations, and more.
Samsung One UI 3.1 for Verizon bounded Galaxy S20 FE brings an improved Zoom Lock function in the Camera application that helps you hold focus on the same object at high magnification. Now, you can also customize the shots that you want to capture using the Single Take feature. Besides, the added Eye Comfort Sheild automatically adjusts the blue light based on the time of day.
The latest One UI 3.1 comes with a massive feature for serious gamers called Game Booster. When this feature is enabled, all the incoming calls and notifications will be blocked. In addition, the Game Booster also optimizes the network connection and processor power for an increased gaming experience. Google Duo is now integrated with the stock dialer app which brings support for HDR, Beauty features and improved low-light video calls.
Other than this, the One UI 3.1 brings the ability to your Galaxy smartphone/tablet to extend it to your desktop PC using Samsung’s Wireless DeX feature. You just have to download the DeX app on your PC and simply connect both phone and PC to the same Wi-Fi network. Lastly, the compatible Galaxy Buds will seamlessly switch between your Galaxy phone and tablet running on One UI 3.1.
HOW TO CHECK FOR UPDATES MANUALLY:
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps
- Tap Settings > System updates > Check for system updates.
- If your device finds a new software update:
- Tap Download now.
- When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed.
- Tap Install update.
- This software update introduces One UI 3.1, with new Camera features, app enhancements (Calendar, Messages, Duo, DeX), and new Settings (Eye comfort shield, Game Priority mode).
- The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
- Camera – Zoom Lock
- Zoom Lock helps you hold focus on the same object at high magnification (>20X Zoom).
- Single Take – Shot Customization
- Now you can customize what shots to capture when using Single Take feature.
- Eye Comfort Shield
- Keep your eyes comfortable by limiting blue light and using warmer colors. Automatically adjust your screen’s colors based on the time of day.
- Game Booster – Priority Mode
- For the serious gamers, you can use Priority mode in Game Booster to block incoming calls and notifications. It will also optimize your network connection and processor power for your games.
- Video Call Enhancements
- When using third party apps (i.e., Google Duo), the video call now supports HDR, Beauty features, and improved low-light quality.
- Wireless DeX – PC Connection
- Extend your Galaxy phone to your desktop PC using Wireless DeX. Simply download the DeX app on your PC and connect to the same Wi-Fi network to start DeX.
- Galaxy Buds – Seamless Earbud Connection
- When logged into Samsung account, quickly switch your Galaxy Buds to nearby devices without disconnecting your earbuds or turning on pairing mode.
| Source |