Around a week ago, Samsung announced that it will deliver select powerful features from the Galaxy S21 to the older flagships such as the Galaxy S20 and the Galaxy Note 20 with the One UI 3.1 update. Following this, the company pushed this update for the Galaxy S20, Note 20, and Galaxy Fold 2/Flip smartphones.
According to the latest info, Verizon is now releasing a new software update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra in the US. This firmware brings the smart camera features with One UI 3.1, system optimizations, and improvements, as Samsung promised on February 18.
The One UI 3.1 update for the Verizon locked Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series comes with build versions: N986USQU1DUB7 and N981USQU1DUB7 for the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and Note 20 respectively.
With the One UI 3.1, the Galaxy Note 20 device users will be able to shoot dynamic photos and videos with new smart camera features including improved Single Take, touch autofocus, autoexposure controller, Object eraser tool, and Multi Mic Recording.
Furthermore, after updating your Galaxy Note 20/Note 20 Ultra, you can find One UI 3.1’s new Eye Comfort Shield mode. This new feature automatically adjusts the blue light based on the time of day. In addition, you can also remove the GPS data that reveals the location of photos before you share them.
It is worth mentioning that, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, S10, and S21 series devices have begun receiving the March 2021 security patch over the air. Besides, select Galaxy Note 10 and S10 phones are also updated to the 3.1 version of the One UI. Aside from this, T-Mobile is also bringing the One UI 3.1 changes to its Galaxy Note 20 units in the US.
- This software update introduces One UI 3.1, with new Camera features, app enhancements (Calendar, Messages, Duo, DeX), and new Settings (Eye comfort shield, Game Priority mode).
- The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
- Camera – Zoom Lock
- Zoom Lock helps you hold focus on the same object at high magnification (>20X Zoom).
- Single Take – Shot Customization
- Now you can customize what shots to capture when using Single Take feature.
- Eye Comfort Shield
- Keep your eyes comfortable by limiting blue light and using warmer colors. Automatically adjust your screen’s colors based on the time of day.
- Game Booster – Priority Mode
- For the serious gamers, you can use Priority mode in Game Booster to block incoming calls and notifications. It will also optimize your network connection and processor power for your games.
- Video Call Enhancements
- When using third party apps (i.e., Google Duo), the video call now supports HDR, Beauty features, and improved low-light quality.
- Wireless DeX – PC Connection
- Extend your Galaxy phone to your desktop PC using Wireless DeX. Simply download the DeX app on your PC and connect to the same Wi-Fi network to start DeX.
- Galaxy Buds – Seamless Earbud Connection
- When logged into Samsung account, quickly switch your Galaxy Buds to nearby devices without disconnecting your earbuds or turning on pairing mode.
HOW TO CHECK FOR UPDATES MANUALLY:
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps
- Tap Settings > System updates > Check for system updates.
- If your device finds a new software update:
- Tap Download now.
- When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed.
- Tap Install update.