As per the latest report by RPRNA, Samsung has started releasing the January 2021 security patch for Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, and S20 FE. It brings system security improvements and feature enhancements for a better user experience.
Last month, the company has already released a major update to Galaxy S20 FE ahead of its schedule. However, the Android 11 update for these phones is now available globally.
- G980FXXS5CTL6/G981BXXS5CTL6 – Samsung Galaxy S20 LTE/5G
- G985FXXS5CTL5/G986BXXS5CTL6 – Samsung Galaxy S20+ LTE/5G
- G988BXXS5CTL6 – Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- G780FXXS1BTL2/G781BXXS1BTL2 – Samsung Galaxy S20 FE LTE/5G
The unlocked units of the Galaxy S20 have already started receiving the latest security patch in the US. Additionally, this security update is currently being rolling out in European countries, so it may take some time to reach your smartphone.
Here’s how to check for updates manually:
- Swipe down the notification panel and hit on the Settings icon
- Find the Software updates menu then click on it
- Tap on Download and install button.
WANT TO SEND US TIPS, UPDATE SCREENSHOTS, OR A MESSAGE? CONNECT WITH US HERE:
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 receiving September 2023 update in the US
Samsung is expanding the September 2023 security update for unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 2 smartphone users in the US. The update improves system security and stability by fixing over 60 flaws to make your device more secure and reliable.
September 2023 security update for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 smartphone in the US comes with One UI build version F916U1UES4KWH9. This update is already rolled out for Galaxy Z Fold 2 users in Europe.
If you using a Galaxy Z Fold 2 and live in the US, then you can install the update manually with a handful of simple steps. Firstly, visit your Galaxy device’s System Settings, once done, scroll down and tap the Software update tab, followed by the Download and install button. If you have received the update on your device then install it now to get error free experience.
Once you have installed the update, you will not be able to download the old software because of updates to the security policy. Before you start installing, make sure to fully charge your smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy M32 gets a major update in September 2023 [1.1GB]
Samsung Galaxy M32 smartphone is getting a big size update, which installs the latest Android patch released in August 2023 to improve system security. At the moment, the update is rolling out in Brazil and the company will expand it soon.
Major August 2023 security update for Samsung Galaxy M32 smartphone arrives with One UI build version M325FVXXU8DWH3 and a massive installation package size of 1194.42MB.
Although no new changes or features are mentioned in the changelog except for security and stability improvements but the package size of this update is big, so it is expected to bring new features.
Moreover, it updates several stock apps to the latest version such as Samsung Adds-ons, Kids, Notes, Internet, Members, Calculator, and Voice Recorder.
You can install and download the firmware through your smartphone’s Settings >> Software Update >> Download and Install. If you have received the update, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest update.
— Samsung Software Updates (@SamsungSWUpdate) September 27, 2023
5 One UI 5.1.1 enhancements now available for Samsung Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71
Samsung has started releasing One UI 5.1.1 update for Galaxy A51 5G and Galaxy A71 5G smartphones. The update is rolling out on the Verizon network in the US. The latest update installs the August 2023 security patch to improve system security and stability.
One UI 5.1.1 update for Samsung Galaxy A51 5G and Galaxy A71 5G update brings new features and enhancements to Gallery, Samsung Health, Hotspot, Device Care, and Quick Share.
- Galaxy A71 5G – A716VSQU8GWH2
- Galaxy A51 5G – A516VSQU8GWH2
This software update provides One UI 5.1.1, with enhancements to Gallery, Samsung Health, and Hotspot. For more information, open the Tips app > “What’s new in One UI 5”. The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
- Added more date/time styles for watermarks.
- Copy/paste effects.
- Remaster picture: Added Focus view to highlight individuals.
- When paired with Galaxy Watch, Samsung Health now provides upgraded sleep management, including Sleep Score Factors, Sleep Consistency and Sleep Animal Symbols. You can also access Sleep Coaching from your Galaxy Watch to track your progress and stay motivated throughout the day.
- Added Private Sharing to set time limits and prevent recipients from resharing files.
- Added Share to contacts to quickly find your contacts and share files.
- Enhanced memory management.
- Added option to clear app cache.
- Added Memory resident apps option for managing processes.
- Added dashboard for hotspot mobile data usage.
- Added data limits and time limits for managing hotspot usage.
- Added one-time password to provide temporary access to hotspot.