As per the latest report by RPRNA, Samsung has started releasing the January 2021 security patch for Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, and S20 FE. It brings system security improvements and feature enhancements for a better user experience.
Last month, the company has already released a major update to Galaxy S20 FE ahead of its schedule. However, the Android 11 update for these phones is now available globally.
- G980FXXS5CTL6/G981BXXS5CTL6 – Samsung Galaxy S20 LTE/5G
- G985FXXS5CTL5/G986BXXS5CTL6 – Samsung Galaxy S20+ LTE/5G
- G988BXXS5CTL6 – Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- G780FXXS1BTL2/G781BXXS1BTL2 – Samsung Galaxy S20 FE LTE/5G
The unlocked units of the Galaxy S20 have already started receiving the latest security patch in the US. Additionally, this security update is currently being rolling out in European countries, so it may take some time to reach your smartphone.
Here’s how to check for updates manually:
- Swipe down the notification panel and hit on the Settings icon
- Find the Software updates menu then click on it
- Tap on Download and install button.
WANT TO SEND US TIPS, UPDATE SCREENSHOTS, OR A MESSAGE? CONNECT WITH US HERE:
- Message us on Twitter