WhatsApp has officially announced on November 6, 2020, that it is bringing a new feature for its users of India to send and receive money through WhatsApp. With this function, WhatsApp has made transferring money just as easy as sending a message.
The WhatsApp Pay feature has developed in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) using the UPI. Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is India’s first real-time payment system that allows transactions with over 160 supported banks.
If you’re from India and want to use the WhatsApp Pay feature you just have a bank account and debit card. WhatsApp has picked to be working with five leading banks in India: ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, the State Bank of India, and Jio Payments Bank.
WhatsApp has released the payment functionality in India but it is available for only 20 million users for now due to the strict diligence of NPCI. This month NPCI announce a 30% cap on the total amount of UPI transactions done by Third Party App Providers.
Well, here we have a step-by-step guide to enable and start using the payment feature on WhatsApp Messenger. To start using WhatsApp Pay, you just have to install the latest version of WhatsApp and some luck ( there’s no way to bypass the recruitment process).
You can also use the payment feature on the latest version of WhatsApp Beta. It will soon be available with the stable version but at this time, you’ve to switch to the beta version of WhatsApp to test this feature.
After installing the latest WhatsApp Beta on your Samsung smartphone, follow the steps given below:
- Just tap on the three dots to open the additional options menu
- Find the Payments option then click on it
- Hit on the “Add payment method” option
- Select your bank in the list
- Wait for the bank verification process
- Allow verifying phone number via SMS
That’s all, after successful verification, just set the UPI PIN using a debit card and start sending/receiving payments through WhatsApp Messenger.
* If you are still unable to found the Payments option then you’ll have to wait a bit longer because this feature only available for 20 million users.
* If you’ve spotted the Payments function in the settings menu, still it is not assured that this feature will be activated on your phone. You might face an on-screen prompt – “You can’t set up payments in WhatsApp right now.”
The attached article can help you to download the latest versions of WhatsApp Messenger.