At the ‘Unpacked Event’ held in August 2020, Samsung announced that the company has revised its Android update policy and extended one year support for flagship devices launched after the Galaxy Note 9.
However, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phones have already lost their eligibility to get the Android 11 based One UI 3.0 update, but still eligible to receive monthly security updates.
This new firmware for the Galaxy Note 9 units can be identified by build version N960USQS5FTK3. It enhances the system functions as well as improves system stability to increase device performance.
How to install the latest update?
You can now install the latest software update on your Verizon bounded Samsung Galaxy Note 9 phone by following the steps given below:
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key and choose Settings
- Scroll down until the Software updates option and hit Check for Updates
- If your device finds a new software update:
- Tap Download now
- When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed:
- Tap Install update
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed.
- Tap OK.
- Tap OK.
You’ve successfully updated your software.