- Galaxy Note 10 November update in South Korea
- T-Mobile Galaxy S20 devices November update
- Galaxy Flip 2 with 120Hz display
- Galaxy S10 camera issues after One UI 3.0 beta
- Samsung officially teases multi-foldable display phone
- Galaxy Watch 3 new update
- Galaxy Watch Active 2 update in US
- Temporary solutions of One UI Home crashing
- One UI 3.0 registration ended for Galaxy S10 devices
- Galaxy S21 Ultra with curved edge display
- Galaxy M30s November update
- Galaxy Tab A 10.1 receiving November update
- Galaxy A32 5g render shows Infinity U display
1. Galaxy Note 10 November update in South Korea
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ smartphones are now getting a new software update in South Korea. It comes with the latest security patch for better device security. Read more here
2. T-Mobile Galaxy S20 devices November update
T-Mobile is now rolling out a new software update for Samsung Galaxy S20 series smartphones in the US. It comes with the latest security patch and improvements. Read more here
3. Galaxy Flip 2 with 120Hz display
Samsung launched its first Clampshell design foldable phone, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip that folds vertically and it was introduced alongside the Galaxy S20 lineup. Now the company is also planning for its next-generation that could possibly be the Galaxy Z Flip 2. According to the latest news, this smartphone may feature a 120 Hz display refresh rate. Read more here
4. Galaxy S10 camera issues after One UI 3.0 beta
Some Galaxy S10 device owners reported on the community forum that when they are zooming in/out in their phone’s camera app, a green screen appears randomly on the touchscreen of the smartphones. Read more here
5. Samsung officially teases multi-foldable display phone
Samsung had registered a patent with the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) for its upcoming foldable device. The patent revealed that the South Korean tech giant is planning for a different type of foldable smartphone that is capable of folding from two different sides and will have three displays.
The same design is now spotted on the official website of Samsung’s subsidiary, Samsung Displays that hints that the company is literally working on the subject. Read more here
6. Galaxy Watch 3 new update
Samsung has begun rolling out a new firmware update for the Galaxy Watch 3 smart wearables in Europe. This update brings some new features and features improvements for the latest smartwatch of Samsung. And the voice guidance feature provides helpful tips to you when you are doing exercise. Read more here
7. Galaxy Watch Active 2 new update
Samsung is now rolling out a new firmware update for the Galaxy Watch Active 2 in the US. The latest update comes with some new features, function improvements as well as stability and reliability enhancements. Read more here
8. Temporary solutions of One UI Home crashing
One UI 3.0 beta testers facing crashing issues with One UI home launcher, the system launcher crashes and shows an error message on the screen and when the users try to open the app drawer it does not bring any apps. Considering this matter, Samsung staff members brought some temporary solutions that might be helpful to fix these issues. Read more here
9. One UI 3.0 registration end for Galaxy S10 devices
Samsung has rolled out the first build of the latest Android 11 based One UI 3.0 beta update for the Galaxy S10 series phones in South Korea. And now, the company has closed the participation of One UI 3.0 beta testing for the Galaxy S10 series smartphones. Read more here
10. Galaxy S21 Ultra with curved edge display
Samsung’s CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC), Ross Young confirms that among the three models the Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21 Plus will come with a flat panel while the Galaxy S21 Ultra the high-end model will sport a curved edge display. Read more here
11. Galaxy M30s November update
Samsung is currently sending a new update for its Galaxy M30s smartphone. This new firmware brings the November 2020 security patch for improved system security and device stability for a better user experience. Read more here
13. Galaxy Tab A 10.1 receiving November update
Samsung is currently sending the latest November 2020 security patch for its tablets. The company has already rolled out this update for several Galaxy Tabs and now the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 is getting the November 2020 security patch. Read more here
14. Galaxy A32 5g render shows Infinity U display
Galaxy A32 5G leaked renders suggest that the smartphone will come with a triple rear camera setup. All three cameras will be placed individually without any camera module beside these cameras are two LED flash. Read more here
Don’t wait for One UI 6 on these Samsung smartphones
It’s not possible for any smartphone maker to provide users with never-ending software support. With Android 13, various Galaxy devices ended major upgrade support, and the same case will happen with One UI 6 for some popular Samsung smartphones.
Preparation to deliver 2023’s Android version is already underway by Google. While Pixel users have started experiencing the Android 14 OS through the Beta Program, Samsung didn’t see that side. However, the company is running the One UI Beta Program, which started on August 10.
This year, popular Samsung flagships such as Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note 20 series won’t receive the One UI 6. Both lineups have finished their striking era of continuous software upgrades, still, an additional year of security patches is remaining.
Samsung has always remained the king of after-sales services to Galaxy consumers. Presently, the company provides up to four years of major OS upgrades, which will be extended further for the time being. It has also raised the bar of security updates to five years, letting consumers keep their phones longer.
Citing sadly, but don’t wait for One UI 6 on these Samsung smartphones:
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20 Plus
- Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S20 FE LTE/5G
- Galaxy Z Flip – LTE/5G
- Galaxy Note20
- Galaxy Note20 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
Sizzling era ends at 5.1
Samsung delivered the One UI 5.1 upgrade to all flagship smartphones upgraded to the Android 13-based One UI 5.0. The new version means more new features, and there’s no exception with the One UI 5.1 software system.
Customization is at its peak level on the One UI 5.1 and the upgraded capabilities of Good Lock (and family) make you wow! Screenshots no longer collide with photos captured by the camera and creating a cutout of the object is as simple as copying a text!
Samsung One UI 6 Beta
Google launches a new major iteration of its mobile platform every year. 2022 was an impressive year, when it comes to Android 13 update distribution for Samsung devices. In October 2023, Google is likely to release Android 14, which will debut on the Samsung Galaxy lineup with the One UI 6 update.
One UI 6 Beta Release
Samsung One UI 6 Beta Program started in August, while Android 14 reached Platform Stability with the third Beta release in early June. The company could probably reveal its Android 14 rollout plan regarding the Beta in the next few days as it recently published the announcement post.
Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta Program started for the Galaxy S22 series on August 5. This year, the Galaxy S23 series is the initial lineup that is invited for Android 14’s Beta by Samsung. These devices will receive the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta update:
One UI 6 Beta Eligible Devices
- Galaxy Z Series
- Z Fold 5 & Z Flip 5
- Z Fold 4 & Z Flip 4
- Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3
- Galaxy S Series
- S23, S23 Plus & S23 Ultra – Beta 3
- S22, S22 Plus & S22 Ultra
- S21, S21 Plus & S21 Ultra
- Galaxy A Series
- A54 – Korea
One UI 6 Beta Eligible Countries
The Beta Program of One UI 6 update is available in these seven markets:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
One UI 6 Beta Latest News [Updated on September 28]
- One UI 6 Beta 5 for the Galaxy S23 series arrives: Fixes touch, camera, rebooting, and more issues
- Samsung has finally opened the One UI 6 Beta program based on Android 14 for the Galaxy A53 in India.
- Users of the Galaxy S22 series in India can now enjoy One UI 6 features and enhancements ahead of stable release as Samsung has officially begun the Beta Program.
- Samsung today begins the rollout of One UI 6 Beta 4 to the Galaxy S23 series. October 2023 security patch included in the Beta 4 alongside critical bug fixes.
- Samsung has opened the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra.
- Samsung has started rolling out an incremental software update to the Galaxy S23 series. Considered the One UI 6 Beta 3 Hotfix.
- Samsung has finally started the One UI 6 Beta Program for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Samsung has just rolled out the One UI 6 Beta 3 update based on Android 14, which introduces significant enhancements, new features, and bug fixes.
- Samsung begins Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy A54 5G in South Korea.
- The third One UI 6 Beta update was reportedly released to some Galaxy S23 smartphone users in Europe.
Aug 31 – Sep 4
- Galaxy S23’s Beta 2 is available in all seven eligible markets, came as first Beta in China, India, Poland and the UK.
- After the One UI 6 Beta 1 update, Samsung is rolling out the hotfix update for Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23, and Galaxy S23 Plus smartphones in Korea.
- Samsung has finally started the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus and Galaxy S23 Ultra in South Korea, Germany and the US.
- Samsung revealed the One UI 6 Beta design changes and availability for the Galaxy S23 series. However, the official announcement post has been taken down minutes after publishing.
- Samsung representative revealed that the rollout of One UI 6 Bet has been postponed due to bugs.
- Samsung teased One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 series by launching a discussion forum in Korean and Indian communities.
- Google today announced the rollout of the Android 14 Beta 4, which is considered near-stable. Pixel phones could receive Stable Android 14 next month, while Samsung’s One UI 6 Beta comes quite near.
- The One UI 6 Beta based on Android 14 is too close to the Galaxy S23 series as the first Public Beta firmware ZWFA has been spotted on the server for the Ultra variant.
- As Android 14 reached Platform Stability, Samsung will soon begin the One UI 6 Beta testing program. It is reported that the Galaxy S23 series will get the new OS on Beta channel in the third week of July.
- Last week, tipster Dohyun Kim, Samsung could release the One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 series in mid-July this year.
Samsung and other Korean giants stumble as global economy slows
Due to sluggish chip and energy sectors amid a global economic slowdown, South Korea’s major companies performed far worse than their US counterparts in the first half of 2023.
According to FKI report, South Korea’s top 100 nonfinancial firms listed on the main local bourse saw their combined sales edge up 0.3 percent on-year to $746.3 billion in the January-June period.
Samsung saw its sales, operating profit, and net profit dip 21.5%, 95.4% and 86.9% on-year, respectively. Comparable figures of its US counterpart, Apple, dropped 4.2%, 10% and 9.2%.
The FKI stressed the need for South Korean big businesses to establish stable profit sources as they remain more vulnerable to external shocks than big U.S. companies.
The combined operating profit of the Korean companies tumbled 63.4 percent on-year to $24.8 billion won in the six-month period, while that of the U.S. corporations shrank 3.9 percent to $638.5 billion.