Samsung edge screen is a customizable feature that consists of the edge panel and edge lighting. You can make it your own and have the information or actions you want available with just a swipe and a tap.
The Apps edge, located within the edge panel, displays your five most frequently used apps for you to access at a moment’s notice. You’re also able to customize it by adding apps or deleting apps.
The edge panel works when the device is in standby mode. Slide your finger along the edge when the display is in standby mode to view the information you need, including news updates and the weather forecast.
Meanwhile faced down, the edge lighting feature lights up the edge screen when you receive calls or notifications. You can color code up to five contacts that will appear in their respective colors when they get in touch, while all other calls or notifications will be shown in neutral bright light.
From the edge screen, you can also access and set up App Pair, which allows you to open two apps at the same time. This is beneficial if you find you use two apps together frequently.
- How to use new Always-on Display (AOD) on Samsung One UI 3.0
- How to download and install the latest firmware on Samsung Galaxy S10 using Odin
- How to save battery life of your Samsung Galaxy Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra
The Edge Screens on your Galaxy phone automatically dismiss some touches to prevent unwanted interactions while you’re holding the phone.
To prevent faulty touch action, Samsung has applied this technology. Hence touch action for the Edge area maybe not working properly due to some conductions.
However, the Touch area for an Edge side on the touch screen could be adjusted by an application which is Edge Touch on Galaxy Apps.
To adjust the Edge screen follow the steps which are listed below.
- Navigate to Galaxy Apps and search Edge Touch.
- Install Edge Touch application to your device.
- Run the Edge Touch app to change the touch areas for the edge screen.
- Select one of the modes. (Example: Optimized(Default), Sensitive zone, Insensitive Zone).
- Add Edge zone by the user (Note: Grip zone & Blocked zone could be modified by users).