Samsung has already rolled out November 2020 security patch for the Galaxy S9 and S9+ smartphones. Even, Verizon has also provided a new update for the Galaxy S9 series phones in the U.S which comes with October 2020 security patch.
It comes with version numbers: G960USQU8FTJ3 and G965USQU8FTJ3 for the Galaxy S9 and S9+ respectively. It also brings the October 2020 security patch for better device security.
There are many updates that come with One UI 2.5 including an updated Samsung Keyboard, Samsung Note now able to import pdf files, and added handwriting over text support.
Samsung One UI 2.5 update is based on Android 10. Bitmoji stickers support for Always on Display feature lets you feel fresher lock screen. It comes with a new update for Wi-Fi that can measure routers connection quality as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow. In the camera department, a Pro video mode added.
What’s new in the changelog:
– Wireless DeX connection support.
. Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
* Quick panel – DeX
. Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
– Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
The security of your device has been improved.
Check for the latest update manually by following the steps given below.
Settings > Software update > Download and install.