Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 was the first smartphone to get the November 2020 security patch. Later, the XCover Pro, A02 Core, and flagship series devices like Galaxy S20, Note 20, S10, Note 10, and S9 series have received this latest security update.
According to the information, Samsung is now rolling out a new software update for the first-generation foldable smartphone, Galaxy Fold (unlocked) in the U.S. The latest firmware comes with a build version F900U1UEU4CTJ2 and brings the latest One UI 2.5 based on Android 10. It also installs the October 2020 security patch to improve the security of the device.
The One UI 2.5 adds lots of new features like Samsung DeX, new Wi-Fi measurements as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow. The bitmoji Stickers are now supported on Always On Display, a new feature has been added to the keyboard search that allows you to search YouTube, and added Split Keyboard support for Landscape mode.
A new Pro Video function has been improved to provide you better video shooting experience. Adding to this a new feature has been added in Messages that lets you call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
Apart from the security patch, this firmware update doesn’t bring any new features or system enhancements.
What’s new in the changelog:
– Wireless DeX connection support.
. Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
* Quick panel – DeX
. Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
– Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
If you also have an unlocked Galaxy Fold device in the country then check for the update notification. If the notification doesn’t arrive at you then check for the updates manually by following the steps given below.
Settings > About phone > Software updates > Download and install.