This month Samsung has initially started to roll out the One UI 2.5 for the older Galaxy Note flagship, Galaxy Note 9 from Germany. Later, the company pushed a new build with the same changelog and it only adds the October 2020 security patch.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is now receiving the One UI 2.5 update in India. It comes with software version N960FXXU6FTJ5 and brings a set of new features. This firmware update also installs the October 2020 security patch to improve device security.
One UI 2.5 was initially introduced with Galaxy Note 20 series and made its way to a number of previous devices including the Galaxy S20, S10, S9, and Note 10 series. This version of One UI offers various new features for simplicity and improves user experience.
The One UI 2.5 brings a set of new features for Galaxy Note 9 including new Wi-Fi quality measurement as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow. Now the Bitmoji sticker is supported on the Always-on Display function, enhancements in the Samsung Keyboard. It adds a new feature to the keyboard search that allows you to search Youtube. A new Pro video mode has been added to the camera of your device.
What’s new in this update
– Wireless DeX connection support.
. Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
* Quick panel – DeX
. Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
– Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.