Recently, Samsung has started rolling out One UI 2.5 update for its first-gen foldable smartphone, Samsung Galaxy Fold. The company is now pushing this major software update for 5G variants of the Galaxy Fold.
This update comes with a software version of F907BXXU4CTJ1, which brings the latest features of One UI 2.5 and the October 2020 security patch to improve the security and stability of your device. It is currently rolling out in Germany and should soon be available in other markets in the coming days/weeks.
With the One UI 2.5, your device is getting a lot of new features including Samsung DeX, improved WiFi, Bitmoji stickers support for Always-on Display (AoD), improvements in Samsung Keyboard, added pro video mode in the camera app, new SoS features in the Messages app, and much more. You can check the complete changelog below.
How to check for updates manually:
- Tap Settings > Software update > Download updates manually.
- Wait for the device to check for updates.
- Tap OK > Start.
- When the restart message appears, tap OK.
– Wireless DeX connection support.
. Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
* Quick panel – DeX
. Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
– Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.