Samsung started rolling out a major One UI 2.5 update for Galaxy A71 5G devices. It comes with many new features, including improved quality and stability of the camera. After the initial release in some markets, the update is now widely available, you can download it now.
The software version of this update is A715FXXU3ATJ1. It comes with the latest October 2020 security patch. One UI 2.5 update brings new camera features, Samsung Notes, Samsung DeX, Connectivity Reminder, and Android 10 Gestures support with a third-party launcher.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
- If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
- When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
- Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
- A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
- Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
- The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
- Improved the quality and stability of the camera.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
- A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
The security of your device has been improved.
To update the version on your device, you will need to have a minimum battery charge of 20%. You may be prompted to update when it’s available, otherwise, system updates can be done over a Wi-Fi connection or with the Software Upgrade Assistant.
Manually check for updates, navigate to Settings > System update. If your system is up-to-date, you don’t need to do anything further. Otherwise, tap Download and install to update your phone.